Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible fix for reception issues?

All due respect, MOST OF YOU PEOPLE ARE MORONS!

Put a freaking case on it and get on with your lives. There are too many variables to definitively say what the issue is. Just the act of pulling the SIM and reinserting it can change the outcome! Put a damn case on it. Your phone will thank you. It's resale value next June will thank you. If it's fixable, Apple or AT&T will release the fix quickly. Until then, remember that no other device comes close, hold your CASED iPhone any way you want, and get on with your lives!!

Me? I'm gonna go have some non-iPhone related fun with my HOT wife now. She also seems to be having reception issues, depending on where I touch her. Now THAT'S a mystery worth solving!!

When I do, I'll be sure to post the YouTube tutorial, so I can save you dorks some time!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ekull25 For This Useful Post:

docomar (2010-07-01), k.nitsua (2010-06-30)

I tried this on both my iPhone 4 and same signal issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So... it's AT&T's fault...once again...

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    hahahaha, AT&T sim fail...

I primered the sim tray black on the inside...

I will let you guys know how it works out sooon

EDIT: it worked!
    WOW you would resort to voiding your warranty just to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by xJayMe View Post
    How can i open the sim tray? ive tried to use the back of my earring but it wont open.. i dont wanna push down hard cuz im scared it might break
    Apple got cheap and didn't include a sim removal tool on this model.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 2010-06-30 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I got a sim removal tool in the UK.....

Quote Originally Posted by ekull25 View Post

Put a freaking case on it and get on with your lives. There are too many variables to definitively say what the issue is. Just the act of pulling the SIM and reinserting it can change the outcome! Put a damn case on it. Your phone will thank you. It's resale value next June will thank you. If it's fixable, Apple or AT&T will release the fix quickly. Until then, remember that no other device comes close, hold your CASED iPhone any way you want, and get on with your lives!!

Me? I'm gonna go have some non-iPhone related fun with my HOT wife now. She also seems to be having reception issues, depending on where I touch her. Now THAT'S a mystery worth solving!!

When I do, I'll be sure to post the YouTube tutorial, so I can save you dorks some time!
    LMAO!!!! will you be posting a video on the sim card issue or your wife receptions....

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peggaweng View Post
    I got a sim removal tool in the UK.....
    Yep do did I ( in the UK )

Post up piks of said hot wife NOOOWWWW!!!

Thanks

I am glad that someone niticed this. I will be taping the side of my chip, and hope it works. one other thing that i tried at first when trying to activate my phone was a little ghetto, but effective. I took an old ATT chip that I have, trimmed a little bit of the plastic off the side where there is NO metal, and slipped it into the phone without the sim tray and it worked like a charm!
    again, ghetto, but worked!
    unklbyl

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    Post up piks of said hot wife NOOOWWWW!!!
    haha do it do itttt!

He won't do it he's a evo 4g owner hahahaa jp.

That makes A LOT of sense. I believe it is AT&T fault. Look at this microsim from vodaphone. The contact part is perfectly centered.

Quote Originally Posted by ekull25 View Post

Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Just tested it again with another iPhone. I removed the sim slid it back in reset the settings and phone. Now the death grip is gone. WTH? Also a friend of mine in Europe isn't having a problem. I think that Apple is baffled as well which is why they are staying quiet for a fix until they figure out the real issue. None the less. I'm still happy with my new bad ***** gadget. Just wish I could use the FaceTime over skype and theme the icons on this bad boy. Patients :-). Oh and netflix where are ya at???
    More confirmation that it's AT&T fault. The sim cards are the problem. If only I managed to get an iPhone 4 to confirm this, but it's sold out everywhere here in France Guess I'll buy a unlocked one when I get back to Canada.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 2010-06-30 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

So if the sims arent redesigned, can we at least get a replacement at ATT and for what cost?

Maybe its a specific batch?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Let's just say it really worked!!!

its software, stop screwing with your phones

I dont think this is entirely a SIM issue.. i got out my Multimeter and there is con continuity between the sim card and the tray.. the sim is shifted to one side slightly but it looks like the tray where the SIM sits has a kind of grey rubber Gasket. which when tested also was non-offensive. So if the sim is shorting out its doing something inside the phone.

I tried the tape thing and i guess i had to much ( which was hardly any at all, a sliver maybe) and i got a no sim error...

would be nice if it was this easy and it makes sense but i dont think that it.
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

Hey guys, I don't post much but I view every single day, since 2G, I didn't read everyones replies so it may have been covered however, while sorting out my iPhone along with my iPad, The simin my iPad is an iPhone tariff sim which I cut, however I have two different micro sims, while trying the microsim you will notice that the gold part of the sim is significantly smaller than the one that is given to us with the new phone. I have tried the sim in the iPhone and it seems to have worked. I donít get any signal problems at all, I will take some pictures tonight when I get back from work. When I received the new sim for my iPad I thought that they were changing them to this new one but when I got home and unpacked my iPhone 4 and realised the size of this micro sim, I was really surprised. I am also calling O2 as we speak to try and re-iterate this to them, and hopefully get across the problem.

Thanks

So i tried that tape thing by myself on my new iPhone4.
    got also signal drops with my german (old) mini-sim (cutted by myself to fit) from t-mobile (telekom) when i hold it on the lower left side when iam on edge or 3G.

those signal drops starting immediately and after 5-20 seconds "no network" is reached.

Test 1:
    iPhone4 laying on the table, 5 signal bars on edge.
    holding in the hand, touched on the lower left side where the black | is, running stoppwatch for 1 minute btw, no signal droping with taped sim anymore.

Test 2:
    iPhone4 laying on the table, 5 signal bars on 3G.
    holding in the hand, touched on the lower left side where the black | is, running stoppwatch for 1 minute btw, 3G signal still drops in 20 seconds to no bars and changed then to a 5 bars edge with taped sim, nothing drops on edge.

so my edge signal is fixed, but the 3G is still dropping.

this tape thing works only on edge, not on 3G.

when i hold it in the right, the lower left side not touched the signal on 3G drops immediately.
    Last edited by blatz; 2010-06-30 at 11:11 AM.

OMG, seriously? The world has gone absolutely mad! This is not a fix and will not work.

1. The sim tray is lined.

2. This has been reported to happen on the 3G and 3GS running 4.0

3. I can replicate the "death grip" on my 3G and that has a plastic sim tray.

Plus you probably voided your warranty by messing around with the innards of the phone. Why in heck would anyone do this to a brand new phone that is not only under warranty, but can be returned for a full refund for 30 days, unless you intentionally alter or damage it. Just wait a bit, if it is the sim card, it will be easy for at&t to get us new ones, if it is the tray, simple hardware fix. If you cut it up, or get tape jambed in the inside of the iphone, no warranty and no replacement and perhaps no phone.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast