Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible fix for reception issues?

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    I've heard you can fix the issue by wearing a metal saucepan on your head and wrapping your neck in tinfoil. Wanna try it? ....... Or you could just buy a case I suppose!!
    I shouldn't have to buy a case? It should work correctly right out of the box.
    Why is it many of you think the proper fix is to buy a case? Why send the message to manufacturers that it is "ok" to sell a product that doesn't work as intended? It is wrong, and you should stand up and be heard. So NO to the solution of "just don't hold it that way"!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Maybe this is a dumb question... But if the
    "reception issues" are caused by the SIM
    card, why would I lose bars using wifi? Isn't
    wifi completely independent from the SIM
    card? Therefore if I am losing bars (when I
    am trying to, covering both sides of the phone completely with my hands) doesn't
    this prove it's not a SIM card issue but a
    antenna issue?? Or am I completely
    wrong?
    Well, its not so much a dumb question as it is a repetative question. Its not a SIM issue, so the forum has discovered.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I shouldn't have to buy a case? It should work correctly right out of the box.
    Why is it many of you think the proper fix is to buy a case? Why send the message to manufacturers that it is "ok" to sell a product that doesn't work as intended? It is wrong, and you should stand up and be heard. So NO to the solution of "just don't hold it that way"!
    Ok... you just sit there with your poor reception iphone4 until they release a fix it. Stand strong and protest.

p.s. i do believe that they should fix it but im not gonna suffer without my phone until they do

does anybody know if we can just get a plastic micro sim trey from AT&T?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    defiantly did not work...nice try though!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Been sitting here in bed holding iPhone by the corners and signal didn't drop a bar. I don't think it's a everyone issue. People make too much outta something small.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Yeah that guy made me laugh. Can't do anything without a youtube video to show you? Jeeze.
    If youre referring to me, yeah I was waiting for a video (like thats not to be expected nowadays) as a pic wasnt posted in the original post. Now that a pic is up I understand what to do. Didnt work for me. Although now I do have 3 bars where before I'd quickly drop to 2 or 1 when just holding the phone.
    Last edited by bobright; 2010-06-30 at 08:02 AM.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Nm, please disregard my last post! I was just reading my bars wrong.... Hahaha, so dumb. For some reason I was thinking my wifi bars were my signal bars! Sry guys! Been a long day! Been up since 5... Stood in line at AT&T for 3 hours, went to work, went back to AT&T to get MY NEW IPHONE! went back to work, startedu next job, just hot home....but at least I got my
    New phone!! Waiting wasn't so bad.

How can i open the sim tray? ive tried to use the back of my earring but it wont open.. i dont wanna push down hard cuz im scared it might break
    Last edited by xJayMe; 2010-06-30 at 08:19 AM.

AT&T is not offering replacement sim trays.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipod touch u View Post
    Explains why some people are having this issue and some arnt?
    Its easy to understand why just looking at what was posted here about the sim card, just analize

Thanks
    hehe I get FULL service... WHEN THE PHONE KNOWS THERE'S A SIM CARD! Yeah, mine will randomly tell me that there's no Sim installed and then make me turn it off and turn it on. Also my proximity sensor is all wonky on me now. Alas, the apple store near my flat has a replacement iPhone 4 waiting for me tomorrow after work.

But here's a question... my office is a veritable DEAD ZONE, but only for text messages. I get calls, e mails, app store, etc but where push notification is needed or utilized or a text is received or sent... it hates me! Any ideas on how to get this to stop happening? My 3Gs did the same thing so I know it's not the device but any ideas on how to improve the reception for the area? Tin foil on the monitor, etc? lol.

Oh yeah, and why was there no SIM tray removal tool included with the iPhone 4? I iz the lost.
    Last edited by ElliotCross; 2010-06-30 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ahha !! And I was so worried when I had cut my regular SIM into a micro one and accidently shortened it more . . . which finally did work & I never faced any network issue in India. Now I realize that it was good that my SIM is shorter than the SIM tray !!!

Thanks

The sim tray is right, what is wrong is the sim card because the contacts side is missaligned.

I think I read that Steve was saying no free bumpers for nobody right, now Steve, no more bumpers sales for you... Sorry
    Last edited by javiert30; 2010-06-30 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks

Can somebody post a video on YouTube?

Thanks

I have try tape and cutting the sim card. Both doesn't work for me. I must of done something wrong.

i have this issue but i never lose complete reception. And thats holding all sides which i dont do. So its not that big of an issue for me =P

Thanks

I think that the people that are having this problem, try the tape mod, but do not cut it, I think you can go to ATT and tell them about it, I think they can replace your sim card for free if you show them what is wrong with it.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

To all those cutting your sims... don't be stupid. Don't do it. Just wait for Apple/ATT's official stance on it. Yes, I know their "official stance" currently is that this is normal. Basically, they don't know wtf is going on or wtf to do. Give it a little time. I am certain this problem will somehow be remedied.

To those saying this improves bandwidth like crazy. What kind of testing did you do? I can run speedtest twice consecutively on 3G in the exact same area and get two VERY different results. Different times of day produce different results as well. It has always been this way. If after this "mod" you get better (or worse) down/up speeds, that doesn't necessarily mean a damn thing.

To those asking for a video. Did you look at the image (the very first thing just under the title of this thread)? That makes things about as simple as can be. Put some tape over the area the tape is on in the picture...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2010-06-30 at 08:54 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast