Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible fix for reception issues?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote from lll2for3lll
    If you read, the video is to show that the sim tray is NOT the culprit.
    There are people in here requesting a tutorial video.

Tutorial on what? How to reset the sim or how to tape? It's easy use a paperclip remove the sim and inspect the gold band tape the sim tray where connection meets cut the tape as required and replace. One note....this is not needed because despite the rumors the tray is non conductive. I retested my original mic test and foundout that the positive conection was false because my wire was tucking the metal band.

Well I didn't tape my sim card but I did remove it and put it back in and I don't seem to be having any signal drop issues after that.

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    Why do people need a video for this? For the love of god just put some tape on your sim lol.No video needed! But do yourself a favor and forget about it because it doesnt work. The sim tray is lined.
    Yeah that guy made me laugh. Can't do anything without a youtube video to show you? Jeeze.

Thanks

still getting the no service death grip

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not faulty sim cards. That's how the sim cards are supposed to be it's apple fault for not building the correct cutout in the sim tray. All apple has to do is do a sim tray recall instead of a whole iPhone recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    It's not faulty sim cards. That's how the sim cards are supposed to be it's apple fault for not building the correct cutout in the sim tray. All apple has to do is do a sim tray recall instead of a whole iPhone recall.
    I don't think it has anything to do with the sim tray. Take it out and take a look. You will see a gray like sicker that is used to protect the sim from contact with the metal sim tray.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with the sim tray. Take it out and take a look. You will see a gray like sicker that is used to protect the sim from contact with the metal sim tray.
    no matter how much you tell people on here they dont read the last page on here before they make a quick reply on these forums. I keep telling people its not the problem but they fail to read other responses. They seem to think that just because it got posted on the front page it MUST be true

I think this is a secret conspiracy to try and get big case/bumper sales volume on the new iPhone. It's "tricking" customers into getting a case for their phone so they don't walk out of the store and get it all scratched up within 1 week of having it. Like I was reading on another forum people are so head over heels in love with the phone that they will look past flaws and do what it takes to make it work just to have the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by arfreitas12 View Post
    no matter how much you tell people on here they dont read the last page on here before they make a quick reply on these forums. I keep telling people its not the problem but they fail to read other responses. They seem to think that just because it got posted on the front page it MUST be true
    I have to agree with you on that.

This remainds me of the first iphone issue with placing a piece of tape to fix "reception" issues.
    I am the Vincent (Vital Information Necessary Centralized) iPhone.

When I am moody I am the Hal iPhone 9000 lol

Ehhh, nope, didnt work...

D
    Last edited by definitive; 2010-06-30 at 07:46 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I've heard you can fix the issue by wearing a metal saucepan on your head and wrapping your neck in tinfoil. Wanna try it? ....... Or you could just buy a case I suppose!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Wow, no way. Design flaw of the century. Way to go Mr. Jobs.
    There are no issues, you're doing it wrong.

~S. Jobs

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried the tape method & no joy for me. Same issue.

Thanks

anyone notice or tried with a multimeter,on a iphone 4 when charging u can get some scary ac voltage of the side bezel?i can jump the antenna's and get allmost 10volts ac.zero when not charging.hmm

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry I just read through the first few and it seemed like it worked for a few people but I don't even have an iPhone 4 so I don't really care. :/

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I dont have this problem with the htc evo
    sharing wifi to my touch3g
    Bet your mytouch 3g lags like a snail and the EVO's market value will drop in a few weeks

no matter how much you tell people on
    here they dont read the last page on here
    before they make a quick reply on these
    forums. I keep telling people its not the
    problem but they fail to read other
    responses. They seem to think that just because it got posted on the front page it
    MUST be true
    Let me correct you, people dont read the last POST not page and ask the same questions. You can post right after me and say its not the problem and someone will post after you and say "omg cant believe Apple didnt catch this" all over again.

I feel your pain, haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe this is a dumb question... But if the "reception issues" are caused by the SIM card, why would I lose bars using wifi? Isn't wifi completely independent from the SIM card? Therefore if I am losing bars (when I am trying to, covering both sides of the phone completely with my hands) doesn't this prove it's not a SIM card issue but a antenna issue?? Or am I completely wrong?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question... But if the "reception issues" are caused by the SIM card, why would I lose bars using wifi? Isn't wifi completely independent from the SIM card? Therefore if I am losing bars (when I am trying to, covering both sides of the phone completely with my hands) doesn't this prove it's not a SIM card issue but a antenna issue?? Or am I completely wrong?
    you are right that its not a sim problem. i dont know about the wifi thing but its not a sim problem because the sim holder is coated with non-conductive material on the inside seating for the sim card

unfortunately this doesn't change the fact that if you cover the lower left black antenna strip, you will lose your signal (at least on the already poor reception prone phones).

I live in los angeles, and a slight touching of that black strip results in a total loss of all signal. If your phone doesn't have this issue, consider yourself lucky.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast