Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible fix for reception issues?

Hopefully they fix it and use it for future iPhone 4s

My reception seemed to be 50/50 when touching the frame "wrong". Tried the tape trick and it works perfectly!!!!

Maybe instead of new sim trays or free bumpers, we should be getting free scotch tape! 

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic92 View Post
    Maybe instead of new sim trays or free bumpers, we should be getting free scotch tape! 

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SchmilK For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (2010-06-30)

Well I just got off the phone with apple. I got it escalated up to a sr. tech manager. They told me to wait a few days, that they will release some kind of software os update that should help most people (though it seems more a hardware issue to me) and wait for that , that if that doesnt fix it, they will ship me a new one. I just hope the OS "fix" isnt hey lets just display 5 bars all the time no matter what. Placebo fix.

schmilk, that's great!

Quote Originally Posted by tylernys View Post
    My reception seemed to be 50/50 when touching the frame "wrong". Tried the tape trick and it works perfectly!!!!
    Which tape fix? The sim card tape fix? or the tape on the side of the case fix?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypher7810 View Post
    How did you get all your contacts and info back on the phone?

Well if you have your phone synced with your computer it shouldn't be a problem. I have Outlook 2007 on my PC and it has all of my contacts. Ya my previous txt messages weren't there but thats not a big deal.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypher7810 View Post
    Well I just got off the phone with apple. I got it escalated up to a sr. tech manager. They told me to wait a few days, that they will release some kind of software os update that should help most people (though it seems more a hardware issue to me) and wait for that , that if that doesnt fix it, they will ship me a new one. I just hope the OS "fix" isnt hey lets just display 5 bars all the time no matter what. Placebo fix.
    Ya I hope your right. I have a case going with AT&T and their suggestions haven't really helped. So I guess I am gonna have to call Apple.

I have a clear rubber/gel case around the phone and it does this at my work (see pic).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  
    Last edited by mmurphmsu; 2010-06-30 at 05:23 PM.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mmurphmsu For This Useful Post:

cory (2010-06-30)

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

O-M-G !!!, This totally works, it saved me so much embarrassment, THANK YOU so much to who ever came up with this, I would love to donate money via paypal ............................. NOT REALLY, This is stupid, and shame on all the people who tried it.

Here in the UK I have not had this singnal problem.I am with O2. Anyway, I checked my SIM fitting and it just (only just) misses the tray. Maybe this is a manufacturing fault in the USA but not in the UK.

I suggest electrical tape, not selleotape as it is conductive,

meaning you'll still have a short circuit, and still have the grip of death issue. not as bad as before granted

You guys will jump on the bandwagon for anything.

The tray has a rubber lining on the top side (where the sim makes contact).

Thanks

ekull and santacruz are right. this is either something some guy came up with when he was stoned out of his mind or the biggest troll of the month. seriously, anyone who actually risks voiding their warranty on such an idiotic 'fix' deserves whatever they get(i.e. absolutely nothing).

and shame on the staff at modmyi for giving credence to this.

fail

Wow, look at my 3g speeds with my tinfoil hat on!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcon1208 View Post
    Hmmm hoping for a fix but I'm a software guru...hardware fixes are slightly above my realm of expertise . Anybody feel like posting a lovely guide on how to accomplish this fix, or maybe a few tips? Thanks!
    Really? Scotch tape is above your realm? Come on man. Your not going to brick your phone with tape.

would it be better to take a regular sim and cut it 1 or 2 mm offset to have the metal chip a bit higher?

I'm waiting for a Switcheasy Rebel M type case. I don't have the reception issues though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wonder if this could be why the first day I got my iPhone 4, I had a few times where it said "No SIM Installed" several times. Only fix was to remove and reinsert the SIM card or reboot the phone.

The SIM card tray appeared to be seated in the phone correctly.

can you use a sharpie and color the edge of the metal??

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast