Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible fix for reception issues?

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

No reception issues...but I've had a case the minute I bought it.

i tried putting tape at the edge of the sim and i says no sim....

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

Here we go, another pal cleaning apple's mess.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

could someone post a speedtest taken while wearing a tin-foil hat?

No serious tin foil hatter will subject himself to tests from THE MAN that could be used to pinpoint his location.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

I had reception problems with a case on it that I bought when I bought my phone. When I synced it the first time I did so from my 3G's backup. Called AT&T tech support and they told me to do a restore and set it up as a new iPhone and so far this morning I am not having any reception issues.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Has anyone had random " no sim" errors on their iPhone 4? mine started yesterday and never fixed itself, even after reboot. *I was on a job so i left it. Later I took the sim tray out that seemed to fix it on the third phone call got it again. Then it didn't do it for about 3 hour and for no reason went into no sim mode?? Pulled the sim again and left all night, nothing so far??? Went online seems there is a handfull of people having this problem. Anyone here having it? Wondering if this a creeper of a problem, cuz I got mine phone the day it came out and have had no problems with the phone only the sensor here and there.*

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoenix3g View Post
    I am on t-mobile in the UK and have no signal issues at all.

UPDATE: I actually can only get my signal to drop if i have wifi switched on .. Anyone else getting this issue?
    I get the dropped signals really badly, but I notice that when I turn the Wifi off it isnt quite as bad. There is deffinently some issued and Apple dropped the ball. How the hell did this pass quality control?

I have had ZERO problem with my reception with the iPhone 4..I've tested it against the verizon network with 3Gand it has been sooo much faster....*shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    I had reception problems with a case on it that I bought when I bought my phone. When I synced it the first time I did so from my 3G's backup. Called AT&T tech support and they told me to do a restore and set it up as a new iPhone and so far this morning I am not having any reception issues.
    How did you get all your contacts and info back on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by iBlunt View Post
    I have had ZERO problem with my reception with the iPhone 4..I've tested it against the verizon network with 3Gand it has been sooo much faster....*shrugs*
    Who said anything about speed, we are talking about the signal dropping to no service?
    Last edited by cypher7810; 2010-06-30 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I get drops in bars if I hold my phone to low but the problem I'm having now Is my phone goes into no sim card installed?

Regardless on if ur referring to speed or not..my reception has for the most part been at full bars...

I have not noticed any lack of sig strength with my 2 i4ours. perhaps Im one of the lucky ones?
    But Im still going to try the tape test. will post results if any.

Have to say I miss Cydia! running stock makes me feel like Im driving Maserati with no options!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think this trick solved my issues, I even tried with the wet finger over the gap and no service drop!

I guess the easy fix for apple would be ship out plastic sim trays :/ I've got full bars in my server room at work where I usually have 4.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    try cutting too. doesn't work. still loose bars. Thanks a lot, now i have to get a new sim tomorrow.
    nobody told you to cut it dont blame the article.

I never have lost all bars. The most i would lose is 2 bars. However I tried this rig and the first time I covered the contact pad too much and my iPhone 4 said "no sim". I tried again and I have signal and no matter if I cup my hands over the antenna even in the basement of my job I still do not lose signal bars. This is just so funny this seems to work!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

seems to be getting mixed results for sure...interesting nonetheless

I tried cutting it a little to get the sim off the plate and no luck, then tried tape and still no luck. Mine drops signal like a baby in the hands of a parkensens patient. Put it in a case, still drops, turn on wifi, it drops even when not in my hand. I am going to try and get a new iphone.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast