Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    For me it does - it stopped me from having to open a Verizon Wireless account and buy a MiFi.
    the MiFi on Verizon is awesome though... i have one and it is super fast. yeah the $60 a month sorta sucks, but my company pays for it

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    All: I know it's not exciting for an upgrade fee. If you can put it in perspective - We have been working literally around the clock for weeks on MyWi 4.0. This app has been completely redesigned from scratch to get it to work on 4.0, with some very exciting new features. We are applying the full credit of the original purchase to the upgrade. You, of course, can still use MyWi 3.x - it's yours.

Give it a try (10 day free trial). We hope you can appreciate the effort to get this working on iOS4 and new features we've added. Thanks for your support!
    Who cares?
    I just payed $9.99 two months ago and used it less than 10 times.
    Wouldn't I expect at least some support from you because a software I bought is broken within 2 months?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    To "bridge" a device to another network is to make it appear to be connected directly. It means that there is no additional subnetting/NATing going on. AFAIK, AT&T only knows what is tethering traffic as reported to it by your phone with the unpatched Commcenter and official tethering IPCC, so they would have to sniff your packets or monitor your traffic to tell otherwise. Do all your browsing through a VPN instead to minimize that.

How do you figure? It looks like it's $20 for new customers.
    lol....

he'll be paying 20$ which is even more than the ppl here complaining will be paying... lol..

i think this app is worth it, and like someone said, if you can afford an iphone + at&t's data plan, then $10/$20 is NOTHING. i'll pay for every upgrade if i have to, this app is very useful.. especially for my incar computer, iPad, laptops and other iPhones..

For those who are complaining, don't upgrade... and if you already did... then just skip your next trip to McDonalds...
    Last edited by t7n7; 2010-06-28 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phytonix View Post
    Who cares?
    I just payed $9.99 two months ago and used it less than 10 times.
    Wouldn't I expect at least some support from you because a software I bought is broken within 2 months?
    Its not broken, it works fine on 3.x

ewa8949: Only adhoc is available. Use usb if possible
    Matt Dam0n: Yes - it works on iOS 4.0 and iOS 3.1+ (likely work on 3.0 but not tested)
    phytonix: It's not broken - it does and will continue to work on the OS you bought it on (3.x)

All: Thanks for the support. It was a difficult decision on for us on cost - but as i mentioned earlier, a very large amount of effort went into this rewrite (much more than the original MyWi in fact). We're excited about the positive responses we're getting. We worked VERY hard to ensure MyWi 4.0 works close to 100% of the time (MyWi 3.x had issues for some users). We've improved battery life, added new features like controlling transmit power (we love this), and more. We hope you all enjoy!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    the MiFi on Verizon is awesome though... i have one and it is super fast. yeah the $60 a month sorta sucks, but my company pays for it
    I know, I have one too also paid for by my company. But I can't use it for personal stuff (I know, [email protected], it's friggin unlimited (well, technically 5GB)). I moonlight as a recovery agent and need to share out an internet connection with 3 laptops in my car and using the MiFi would have been ideal - MyWi has done it for me since I can't use the MiFi.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romayojr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    How do you figure? It looks like it's $20 for new customers.
    Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

^ confirmed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

romayojr (2010-06-28)

Quote Originally Posted by romayojr View Post
    Can someone confirm this?
    Are you that lazy?

MyWi 4.0 - Rock Your Phone

Default Come on people...
    I understand how upset people are, but you have to understand that these guys have to make a living! $10 upgrade fee in the entire scheme of things is less than a movie ticket, 2 days worth of Starbucks, a haircut at some places, a DVD movie, a large pizza from some restaurants, etc. I'm willing to fork out the $10 for an upgrade since this software has saved me so much money in the first place: Saved $130 by buying a wi-fi only iPad, and saved $30 a month by avoiding ATT data plan for the iPad.

I do think that the developer should consider giving a break to those who recently bought MyWi though. For example, upgrade fee of $5 or less for those who bought it less than a month ago. (I would not qualify for such a discount...but oh, well.)

Just my 2 cents.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to flipangle For This Useful Post:

hacktarded1 (2010-06-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone romayojr's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks! I guess I won't be going out to eat this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Its not broken, it works fine on 3.x
    Of course it is broken. It is broken on iOS 4. I paid for it 2 months ago, I expect my $9.99 would buy some support. Less than 3 months support, that's crazy!

Thanks

Of course it is broken. It is broken on iOS 4. I paid for it 2 months ago, I expect my $9.99 would buy some support. Less than 3 months support, that's crazy!
    Dev already answered you. It still works for the OS you bought it on.

flipangle: We did want to give a break to recent purchases - but then decided to give that to all users - which is why the upgrade fee credits your entire purchase back
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Perfect timing! This is truly an incredible app. I will purchase it once I update to 4.0
    Perfect timing for those who had not recently purchased the app. Having purchased the app less than a month ago, I would think the developer would be willing to pro-rate the "upgrade". There does not appear to be enough "new" feature to warrant an upgrade price similar to the initial app price. I thank the developer for the effort pur forth in this app. Those who are saying we should shut up, and be thankful we are not paying AT&T's tethering fee, need to think a bit harder about what they are saying.. We (or at least me), jailbreak the phones to open up our options to either more or enhanced functionality without the restrictions and costs involved in Apple's approval process. I hope the developer will reconsider the pricing (or should I say) UPGRADE pricing on this version.

NEVERMIND!! SHOULD HAVE READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!!!! THXXX!!
    Last edited by InDashMP3; 2010-06-28 at 07:45 PM. Reason: STUPIDITY ON MY PART..

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Dev already answered you. It still works for the OS you bought it on.
    LOL
    Just imagine an App in App Store charge for $9.99 to support iOS 4.
    This anger is not coming from nowhere. I have many Apps upgraded for free to support all the new iOS 4 features. And iOS 4 did not break those apps! Developers should have the decency to fix their old app if new OS break it for free, not charge for something they should have done for free.

I have not paid for MyWi yet but will now once the jailbreak for iPhone 4 is out. But... will I be able to change the APN on the iPhone so I can use an iPad 3G sim card in it? That is the holy grail for me (plus voip backgrounded + Google Voice) but maybe that is not opened up by MyWi ?

I'll wait to see if the apps does not trigger At&T tethering. if it does it'll be a waste of $10.00

LOL
    Just imagine an App in App Store charge for $9.99 to support iOS 4.
    This anger is not coming from nowhere. I have many Apps upgraded for free to support all the new iOS 4 features. And iOS 4 did not break those apps! Developers should have the decency to fix their old app if new OS break it for free, not charge for something they should have done for free.
    So what happens when the next version of iOS comes out and breaks it again? Do you honestly expect upgrades for life for a $10 app? Because that is what you are leading up to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I upgraded to MyWi 4.0, but am still on 3.1.3 with plans to upgrade to iOS 4.0 in a couple of days. Am I going to be able to download MyWi 4.0 for free when I am on iOS 4.0?
    Quis Custodiete Ipsos Custodes?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast