Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    So you are implying that remaining in a contract that penalizes you for termination before its finalization somehow translates to an agreement to a change in the terms of said contract after its commencement?
    Yeah. And actually, they offered to let me out of my contract without a penalty but they weren't advertising that. Either way, legally you have a contract with them under those terms, but please don't let that deter you from justifying what you're doing. Now, it's just a small leap from there to grabbing a cracked piece of software. You just have to apply yourself a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Shart View Post
    See that's not so hard now is it? Now with just a little more effort I bet you can convince yourself it's justified to find a cracked version of MyWi 4.

You did notice the "can of worms" crack, right?
    Shart 1
    Rokesomesmeefer 0

@Rokesomesmeefer and @Shart - GO FIGHT ELSEWHERE!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nice, very informative

Yeah. And actually, they offered to let me out of my contract without a penalty but they weren't advertising that. Either way, legally you have a contract with them under those terms, but please don't let that deter you from justifying what you're doing. Now, it's just a small leap from there to grabbing a cracked piece of software. You just have to apply yourself a little.
    Wrong. I was never asked to or required to agree to any change in terms of service, nor was I given an opportunity to cancel my contract without penalty should I disagree with changes to the terms of service. Legally, I only have to abide by the terms of service to which I agreed, and even then, most terms of service agreements are unenforceable anyway.

cruellade
    I'm sure it will still be worth it, I cant imagine paying for At&t's tethering for $20 for only 2GB and abandoning Unlimited Data!! :S

Ok so partially on and partially off topic on this question. Can someone explain to me exactly what rock is? I've had it installed before and found it just caused random things to crash so I got rid of it. I never opened it either so I have no idea what it actually is lol.

How do you figure it's stealing service? The way I see it, AT&T is stealing from you when they charge you for tethering - they charge you for the data plan, and then they charge you to use it.

Yet another poster that can't be bothered to read through the thread before posting a question that has already been addressed.
    I hate ppl like you that answer for others. I did ask before to Stealth thinking he was the Dev, realizing he's not. Obviosly if I ask, is because I'm not clear. I address the question to the Dev. Please if I didn't ask you, don't answer. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rubenmer5 View Post
    I hate ppl like you that answer for others. I did ask before to Stealth thinking he was the Dev, realizing he's not. Obviosly if I ask, is because I'm not clear. I address the question to the Dev. Please if I didn't ask you, don't answer. Thank you.
    Then I guess it's a good thing I wasn't answering for others, I wouldn't want you to hate me.

Sarcasm aside, I hate people like you that can't be bothered to try to find the answer and just jump into the end of a topic to ask a question that has already been answered in several places.

cruellade
    Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    Ok so partially on and partially off topic on this question. Can someone explain to me exactly what rock is? I've had it installed before and found it just caused random things to crash so I got rid of it. I never opened it either so I have no idea what it actually is lol.
    It's just like Cydia you can download stuff for ur phone...

Then I guess it's a good thing I wasn't answering for others, I wouldn't want you to hate me.

Sarcasm aside, I hate people like you that can't be bothered to try to find the answer and just jump into the end of a topic to ask a question that has already been answered in several places.
    Don't clutter the whole thread with irrelevant posts about what you think about the cost and maybe this thread wouldn't be 20 pages long consisting of 17 pages of irrelevant posts about price and 3 pages about the actual app.
    I didn't want to post this but it's really starting to annoy me.

^Also, thanks for the info about rock lol it seems kinda useless.

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    Don't clutter the whole thread with irrelevant posts about what you think about the cost and maybe this thread wouldn't be 20 pages long consisting of 17 pages of irrelevant posts about price and 3 pages about the actual app.
    I didn't want to post this but it's really starting to annoy me.

^Also, thanks for the info about rock lol it seems kinda useless.
    Well pardon me for making the mistake of thinking that I should use a discussion forum as a discussion forum. God forbid the idiot actually contact the developer through their website to ask about their software as that would just be completely out of the question.

Nah, I don't hate you. You need the attention. So go ahead, Mr Know it All. You should have your own site.

Sanctimonious rhetoric aside, I'm wondering if when you're dealing with a populace that was/is giddy about plunking down $10.00/$20.00 for functionality enabling them to "steal" service from AT&T, if all bets on the morality front are off.

*new can of worms now open*
    Im in Australia, and I can tether via USB or Bluetooth for 'free' (I have a 250MB a month data limit on my phone account). I don't use this app to let me steal a service from my provider. I use this app to create a wifi hotspot so I can tether my wifi iPad, and not just my MacBook. Hardly stealing anything.

I'll just add again, $9.99 upgrade price - bargain. People here don't seem to understand the value of software, or the impact that large-scale OS upgrades have. iOS3 -> iOS4 has ALOT of changes under the hood.

So I know we are yelling about price. Is there a better post for some support/bug submission? Since I installed the trial (newest update) my wifi connection will not automatically reconnect to the saved wireless network. This is not just isolated to my home network, it is also happening on others. I need to reconnect manually and if my phone sleeps, it drops the connection again and switches over to 3G. I believe that I am not the only user with this issue. Anyone?

Back to yelling about stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by triplenine View Post
    So I know we are yelling about price. Is there a better post for some support/bug submission? Since I installed the trial (newest update) my wifi connection will not automatically reconnect to the saved wireless network. This is not just isolated to my home network, it is also happening on others. I need to reconnect manually and if my phone sleeps, it drops the connection again and switches over to 3G. I believe that I am not the only user with this issue. Anyone?

Back to yelling about stuff!
    Start here: MyWi

Yea...this dev is fricken high...can you imagine buying this jailbroken up, then get told you have to pay another $10 to upgrade? Bwahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    1hihum: IntelliScreen support for 4.0 actually has and continues in development (there are a lot of changes in 4.0 as you can imagine. There's a shared new component in MyWi that's also required for IntelliScreen (IntelliStatusBarIcons). I would love to dedicate the time and rewrite IntelliScreen - and I'll let you know that when that happens - there will be an upgrade fee. However, there will be an update (not upgrade - there's a difference) for IntelliScreen current users (free) to support 4.0. That being said - I absolutely understand your concerns. Ie - "does it work". This is why there's a free trial- we don't want any user to have buyers remorse. 10 days gives you enough time to decide if you love - if not - leave it .

My personal opinion on does this work - if it didn't - you'd get a lot less messages about pricing and more on it doesn't work (trust me - all devs know this too well - there are always bugs . We spent a very large amount of time ensuring many error cases were handled. There was one we missed today - which was certain international users with certain data configurations (and we're deeply sorry - we are, however, happy we could fix it within a few hours).

All: Obviously everyone has put a lot of thought into today's comments. I think the take home is that everyone enjoys the product. We really appreciate your opinions and feedback on MyWi 4.0. Thanks again for all the interest!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    My can't we have the option to upgrade MyWi by having 2 versions that support iOS4? This way people who paid for 3.x can decide on their own if it's worth the $9.99 to upgrade to get the additional features.
    I'm still waiting for an answer to my question
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2010-06-30 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cruellade View Post
    It's just like Cydia you can download stuff for ur phone...
    Except for it's crap and makes your phone crash. I wish the stupid dev would just give it up. I guess I've noticed one thing about this dev, it's all about the money, nothing else.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I the only one still having issues with it connecting?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast