Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

Just my opinion. I do not see much reason to upgrade to 4.0 just yet and burden myself with a new jailbreak. There are still sooooo many things that are not yet compatible with 4.0. Especially the things I use the most, like PogoPlank, and vWallpaper just to name a couple. I think I am going to wait until atleast Geohot releases his next jailbreak tool. I have read of toooooo many people messing up their iDevices trying to upgrade now.

My advice to alot of you is to wait a couple days till all the kinks are worked out. I do not know how your systems work, but it takes FOREVER and a decade for my iTunes to do absolutely anything. I also do not have the money to replace my phone if I screw something up. Unless you have a new iPhone 4g, I do not see a reason you would want to rush this upgrade.

were do i find the 4.0 IPSW file that its askin me for?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Here is my problem. I'm able to upgrade tot he iOS 4.0. I have a 32 GB 3gs on 3.1.2(7D11) and I'm an MB model. My blobs are stored from 3.0 - 3.1.3. My problem is, I haven't started to update with the jailbroken custom ispw file. I'm worried b/c I have recently installed a new hard drive into my windows (XP PRo) computer, and it's set-up with HTFS instead of the fat32. So I can't access CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (THE HOSTS folder is not a folder) I can open the "hosts" if I open it with notepad, but I don't think I can add the line of code 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to it. So I don't know if I can access Saurik's server or not.

Anyone know if I can still upgrade and jailbreak with sn0wbreeze? I've emailed and Tweeted Jay, but was hoping maybe someone here may be in the know?

Thank you,

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ERROR 1600...

After using snowbreeze to make your custom 4.0 ispw then go to itunes, DO NOT PUT IPHONE IN DFU or RECOVERY MODE. just put your phone in the main page window (the one with lets say the settings icon and winterboard ect...) and go to Itunes and SHIFT+Restore and click the custom ispw 4.0 and VOILA.

NOTE : only works if you have jailbroken 3gs 3.1.2 blackra1n

FOR 3194 ERROR PPL I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION

Go into HOST file, check to see if your localhost ip is same then mine if not rmeember the number and replace the one im posting with yours. DELETE EVERYTHING and paste THIS

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    # ::1 localhost

what i was doing wrong was basicly adding # before the 74.208ect.... and that i guess screws everything lol

ERROR (No Carrier after installing 4.0 custom)
    When you had the selection when customizing your 4.0 ispw you had the choice of ACTIVE PHONE. If your a registered Carrier then have that UNCHECKED and if your not then have it CHECKED. if your not sure. make 2 ispw and have 1 checked and 1 unchecked and try both
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 2010-06-25 at 04:34 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to finalfantasy For This Useful Post:

PCeasar (2010-06-25)

so I currently have an iphone 3g running ios 4 on tmobile but there isn't a place to input the apn settings its just a cellular data on and off switch any help?

where do we get the ipsw? i downloaded it with itunes, but can't find it even though itunes said complete.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Deleted
    Last edited by Plotkin35; 2010-06-25 at 05:13 AM. Reason: waste of a post

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm screwed as far as updating to iOS4 on my 3gs jb with spirt goes. I have no knowledge of what the hell a blob on cydia is or how to just restore to 3.1.3 without stupid itunes restoring and updating...

Thanks

downloaded from itunes ispw
    windows 7
    CUsers\*USER NAME*\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Default Firmware update = bootrom update?
    Guys this may be a retarded question, but im gonna ask anyways.

I know that updating firmware will update your baseband, but will it update your bootrom?

Thanks in advance

Asking because i accidentally updated my firmware and I have a non MC model 3gs.

I have a couple quick questions. When I click the "yes make my life easier" button on cydia does it immedietly save the ECID(or w/e it saves to let me downgrade or in my case just restore back to 3.1.3 instead of restore and upgrade)? Also, does this save all my jailbroken applications, themes, etc. when I restore it? Finally, I have never restored before so I don't know this but does restoring it completely wipe all data from the iphone?(as in I can't get it back)

Thanks

Ok one ADVANTAGE of iOS4... the battery isnt draining as much lol thats nice

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    ERROR 1600...

After using snowbreeze to make your custom 4.0 ispw then go to itunes, DO NOT PUT IPHONE IN DFU or RECOVERY MODE. just put your phone in the main page window (the one with lets say the settings icon and winterboard ect...) and go to Itunes and SHIFT+Restore and click the custom ispw 4.0 and VOILA.

NOTE : only works if you have jailbroken 3gs 3.1.2 blackra1n

Bloody Genius Final Fantasy!!!!, now to see if everything works after the restore, but that sure took care the error msg silly 1600...

Update......works fine so far thanks mate.

Also side note, for those that bash the developers of these products, please remember theres alot of thought and minor detail that go into making something like this, custom boot screens, options to add wallpapers for older phones etc, all of this is alot of work in the programming world. So just be happy to have something to work with, the could have choosen not to release it at all. Its a thankless job.

Thanks Devs of Sn0wBreeze, t'was a bumpy road initially but you got me there, I'll be sure to donate.
    Last edited by PCeasar; 2010-06-25 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Update

how to do that? ever since my iphone 3gs upgraded to 3.1.3 stock firmware, it's in recovery mode. now with sn0wbreeze 1.6, i thought my iphone will be ok, but it didn't work. anyone can help me?

Thanks

[QUOTE=PCeasar;5309573]Bloody Genius Final Fantasy!!!!, now to see if everything works after the restore, but that sure took care the error msg silly 1600...

Update......works fine so far thanks mate.

Anytime

Haha I'm glad to hear some progress. I've got an old bootrom 3gs sitting on 3.1.2 with blackra1n. I downloaded snowbreeze and my ipsw and cooked the file but haven't had the courage to pull the trigger. Maybe I'll get brave this weekend

-Luke

Oh I forgot to ask 2 things.
    How long does the restore take? And once done Is there like a snowbreeze "app" like there was a blackra1n app which you launch to install cydia or rock?

Thanks

-Luke
    Last edited by lkailburn; 2010-06-25 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    Haha I'm glad to hear some progress. I've got an old bootrom 3gs sitting on 3.1.2 with blackra1n. I downloaded snowbreeze and my ipsw and cooked the file but haven't had the courage to pull the trigger. Maybe I'll get brave this weekend

-Luke

Oh I forgot to ask 2 things.
    How long does the restore take? And once done Is there like a snowbreeze "app" like there was a blackra1n app which you launch to install cydia or rock?

Thanks

-Luke
    Just go ahead. Nothing to afraid to. I got the same situation as ur, n succeeded with Sbreeze.
    After that u have to unlock it by using Ultrasnow. Following this:
    Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware with Sn0wBreeze 1.6 | iPhoneHeat

Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as me. Running Windows Vista 64-bit, sn0wbreeze doesn't give me an option to choose between 3gs and 3g... Yes, I'm running as administrator.

Any ideas fellas?

Edit: I also have Microsoft .NET 3.5 installed
    Last edited by Valuk; 2010-06-25 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by didithu View Post
    Just go ahead. Nothing to afraid to. I got the same situation as ur, n succeeded with Sbreeze.
    After that u have to unlock it by using Ultrasnow. Following this:
    Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware with Sn0wBreeze 1.6 | iPhoneHeat
    hi didithu,

maybe you can help me..my iphone is 3gs 3.1.3 bb 5.12.1 (upgraded with stock firmware 'unintended'), currently in recovery mode, so i've tried sn0wbreeze custom 4.0 to restore it, error 1604 occurred. is this because my iphone is not in 4.0 but 3.1.3? does it mean i need to upgrade to 4.0 stock firmware via itunes first? i am soooo lost!! plz help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have iphone 3gs, but I know nothing more than that, when I open it , the screen shows a dial pad and says "Emergency calls only". Will the above mentioned jail break work for it?

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast