Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

Green Apple
    Thanks

I must be super dumb, but both redsn0w and sn0wbreeze say the 4.0 ipsw is not valid, or something along those lines. If I have a 3G that I updated to 4.0 through iTunes, am I not supposed to be using the 4.0_8A293_restore ipsw? I'm missing the simple part, I think...

Kenyan- If you have SHSH Blobs just plug the phone in and upgrade it, then run down to 3.1.2, upon the error just run blackra1n and it will put you back and you can unlock from there

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IT IS CRAP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dmb41302 For This Useful Post:

kenyan (2010-06-25)

I've created my custom firmware, however, when I put the phone in Recovery Mode and hit Shift+Restore, iTunes (9.2) doesn't give me the option to select the firmware.

Anyone else run into this issue?

kenyan, I'll forgive you for the "H". Basically I have my wife's 3GS (bought the day it was released so I know it's the old boot rom for sure). I jailbroke it for her way back on 3.1.2, at which time I hit the "make my life easier" button in Cydia (thank goodness I did) which saved the SHSH blobs on saurik's server. She since decided she didn't like the jailbreak for whatever reason, so she updated on to 3.1.3.

I followed the directions in step #1 here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...e-ios-4-a.html

That makes my computer talk to saurik's server (where my SHSH blobs are saved) instead of Apple.

Then I restored her phone to iOS4 through iTunes (not a firmware downloaded from somewhere else, just iTunes)

Then I downloaded the firmware 3.1.2 for the 3GS from the post above I think, and in iTunes hit "option" while I clicked restore, and then navigated to where the 3.1.2 downloaded firmware was (on my desktop), selected it and iTunes restored it to that firmware.

Then I used blackra1n to jailbreak it.

That is where I am now. I'm going to use Pwnage Tool 4.01 to upgrade to iOS 4 just the same as I did my 3GS.

Thank goodness I had the peace of mind to tap "make my life easier" on her iPhone way back when, and thank goodness for Saurik's server!!

sorry this is kind of messy as I am in a hurry right now...hope it helps somebody out there--

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joe97 For This Useful Post:

kenyan (2010-06-25)

I have a 3g that i Updated to OS4 with itunes, Can i still Put the the custom Firmware with Sn0wbreeze?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    kenyan, I'll forgive you for the "H". Basically I have my wife's 3GS (bought the day it was released so I know it's the old boot rom for sure). I jailbroke it for her way back on 3.1.2, at which time I hit the "make my life easier" button in Cydia (thank goodness I did) which saved the SHSH blobs on saurik's server. She since decided she didn't like the jailbreak for whatever reason, so she updated on to 3.1.3.

Thanks alot Joe97,and sorry about the 'H' but, what if you saved the 3.1.3 on Saurik's Server, as I just got my iphone a couple of months back. Though i still think it's Old Bootrom, by checking posts on this thread.

What happens, can I still downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 with 3.1.3 SHSH saved?

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for.
    Socrates

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

anyone have any help advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wil-Man View Post
    Ok too many replies to read them all...Simple question..

I just got my iPhone 4 so my 3G is no longer activated with AT&T. I want to upgrade it to 4.0 and use snowbreeze and ultrasnow to JB and unlock. At the step of snowbreeze that asks if I want to activate my phone, do I click yes? It wont mess up my activated iPhone 4 will it?

I have an iPhone 3G legit with AT&T and jailbroken 3.2.1 via blackra1n.

I'm trying to jailbreak with sn0wbreeze and am getting stuck at the "Preparing iPhone for restore". I am starting up in DFU mode and then iTunes says there is a phone is recovery and I shift+restore and load the 4.0 that sn0wbreeze created.

It ends up saying iPhone could not be restored: unknown error 1602

Phone did not want to turn back on, but finally did holding both the home and power button for about 20-25 seconds.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: After reading other's reviews and problems I have decided to scratch this idea for now. I am with those that say they have never had an issue with jailbreaking - this method seems old school. I'm not a pro by any means, but have re-synced with iTunes 9.2 and all is good in the neighborhood. I think I'll wait for a more reliable method. Stop while I'm ahead sort of deal.
    Last edited by HomieG35; 2010-06-25 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    So clicking the restore button on itunes got rid of it? I mean using the old itunes (9.1 or w/e the last one was) and restoring it. When I went to restore mine I think it asked if I wanted to update to 9.2 because it needs it to update to iOS4... Which it makes me do when I restore it it only gives me the options "Restore and update" and "Cancel". So I just want to be clear when I click restore and update will it restore it and remove spirit then update itunes then update to iOS4?
    I restored back to stock 3.1.3 and not ios4. What I did was I had 3.1.3 firmware on my hard drive. First, I updated my host file to point to Cydia servers where my 3.1.3 blobs were saved. I put the phone in DFU mode and then when Itunes (9.1.1.2) came up I clicked on Restore while holding the Shift key on the left. It prompted me enter the path to the firmware files. I pointed to my hard drive location and it restored me back to 3.1.3. After the restore and reboot I synchronized my phone and brought my apps and music back. I hope this helps. There are guide on google that can take you step by step to this process. Now, my phone is not JB or unlocked. I am fine with it since I have a ATT sim. I will wait until they release something for us poor folks.

Quote Originally Posted by rawland View Post
    My understanding is that ALL MC models, regardless of serial numbers, have new bootrom and cannot yet be jb'd.
    I have a 3GS MC model, Jail broken from 3.0.1 firmware.So anyone saying MC ancannot be JBed please check with me.

Tell you what I have been applying custom firmware for every upgrade since 3.0.1 and now I am on 3.1.3 in fact I did use a custom firmware to go to ios 4 GM even but its sucked, so downgraded it back to 3.1.3.

I dont know my boot rom version any easy way to find out???

I don't think the dev_team doesn't care, I think they are hard at work. They are awesome at what they do it just takes time. Geohot cares just a smidgen but would never let on.
    I have nothing against them. I am thankful for what they do even though I have not seen the benefit personally (no JB for 3.1.3). Only complain I have is they should have not promoted or at least should have let us know that their tool will not support Spirit.

kenyan I don't know of a way you can downgrade to a firmware that has never been installed on your iphone prior. the farthest back you can go is 3.1.3 (only if you had the SHSH blobs on file in Cydia) which doesn't help you because of the whole Spirit mess...turns out the reason everyone was praising it at the time is the same reason it's users are in such a mess now...sounds like what's going on it Wash--- ....sorry I forgot which forum I was in.. anyway it looks like your best hope is the dev_team...which is good because they always do great work- just be patient--

i keep getting a unknown error occurred (2)

kenyan I don't know of a way you can downgrade to a firmware that has never been installed on your iphone prior. the farthest back you can go is 3.1.3 (only if you had the SHSH blobs on file in Cydia) which doesn't help you because of the whole Spirit mess...turns out the reason everyone was praising it at the time is the same reason it's users are in such a mess now...sounds like what's going on it Wash--- ....sorry I forgot which forum I was in.. anyway it looks like your best hope is the dev_team...which is good because they always do great work- just be patient--
    One stupid question for today. If spirit is the only problem then we should be able to restore back to stock 3.1.3 and run Dev team's tool to JB. Right? We know that is possible either. So even if you didn't have Spirit and you are on 3.1.3 you are still sol. I think the problem is they don't have an exploit other than 3.1.2. I hope they find it soon and don't make us wait another 3 months. My two cents...

quick question, will it work on iphone 4 ios4 ???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yes I can confirm this does work if you have SHSH blobs on file. Cannot downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 but upgrade from 3.1.3 to stock 4.0, downgrade to 3.1.2 only if you have SHSH on file. Thanks dmb41302. Looks like 3.1.3 was just one big digital headache Apple injected into our community. Now to Pwnage Tool for 4.0--
    Cannot upgrade to 4.0 from 3.1.2 jb N unlock using Snowbreeze.Tried a thousand times but in vain. Getting restore error 16xx

didithu, I'm not hearing good things in this forum about sn0wbreeze at all, I can only vouch for Pwnage Tool 4.01- it does work for sure...hopefully the developer of sn0wbreeze is working on it for you guys--

Thanks

Im more confused than ever on this topics, I guess someone should make a new topic explaining carefully how to proceed. What are the options for 3G users on 3.1.3 Spirit jailbreak??? What are the options for 3GS users on 3.1.3 Spirit Jailbreak??? I think that could help a lot of people.
    The New i4

I think that the general consensus is that if you used Spirit, your stuck. Your only glimmer of hope is if you saved your 3.1.2 blobs in Cydia. I cannot personally vouch that that helps you but it might. I have full confidence that the dev_team is hard at work on this, it may be a week before they come up with something, but I'm sure they're working on it. Also, it's likely that Comex will come up with something eventually as well...

what is exactly error 1604? keep getting it while trying to restore custom 4.0 with sn0wbreeze 1.6.1, anyone can help?Pleasee!

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast