Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If I want a clean install with my 3gs do I need to install 3.1.2/3.1.3 first then snow it or can I just get the custom 4.0 and snow it?

When downloading snOwbreeze, is anyone else getting an alert from their anti virus??

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    If I want a clean install with my 3gs do I need to install 3.1.2/3.1.3 first then snow it or can I just get the custom 4.0 and snow it?
    No, you have to restore to a 'snowed' 3.1.3 or 3.1.2, and then upgrade to a 'snowed' (Custom) 4.0. If you're also on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 Jailbroken (Not including SPIRIT!!) then you have just to get a custom 'snowed' 4.0 and shift+restore to it.

Quote Originally Posted by brscpo View Post
    When downloading snOwbreeze, is anyone else getting an alert from their anti virus??
    Not me. Depends which one you have.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

so if i am on spirit 3.1.2 iphone 3g i have to update to standard 4.0 then restore with snow 4.0 yes or no

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    I can restore the iPhone 3G to 4.0 just fine, but when I boot into DFU and try to restory my "sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3G" IPSW file, I get an iTunes error 1600. Any ideas?

Mmy undersstanding is that you restore to standard OS4, then use snowbreeze to create a custom IPSW. You then shift restore that using iTunes. Trouble is, I can't get that last part to work for me
    Restore to an Original Stock Apple 4.0, and then use LATEST Redsn0w!

Quote Originally Posted by brscpo View Post
    Avira says:
    Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Dropper.Gen [trojan]'
    detected in file 'D:Jailbreaksn0wbreeze-V1.6.1.exe.
    I added it to the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSlam1994 View Post
    so if i am on spirit 3.1.2 iphone 3g i have to update to standard 4.0 then restore with snow 4.0 yes or no
    Update to a standard 4.0 and then use the latest Redsn0w from www.redsn0w.com
    EASIER!

sorry for more post snow-io4 jb questions. but after you successfully restore the phone to the cooked ios4 ipsw, when you connect your phone to itunes, does it ask "do you want this to be ____ iphone or setup as a new iphone"? and is that when you would be able to sync back some of the data(photos,apps etc). I want to be able to sync somethings but not others like cydia apps. Since there are so many issues. i would want to be able to start fresh with all cydia stuff.

-Luke

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    sorry for more post snow-io4 jb questions. but after you successfully restore the phone to the cooked ios4 ipsw, when you connect your phone to itunes, does it ask "do you want this to be ____ iphone or setup as a new iphone"? and is that when you would be able to sync back some of the data(photos,apps etc). I want to be able to sync somethings but not others like cydia apps. Since there are so many issues. i would want to be able to start fresh with all cydia stuff.

-Luke
    It'll restore:
    SMS History
    Call History
    Photos

nothing for cydia is supported by iTunes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

wim66 (2010-06-24)

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    It'll restore:
    SMS History
    Call History
    Photos

nothing for cydia is supported by iTunes.
    ahh, duh i knew that. lol sorry, just had my head wrapped up from reading 21 pages lol.
    so does itunes ask you to set it up as the existing phone or as a new phone? Is that what everyone is seeing? And then you say set it up as the existing iphone and you can sync all your regular stuff back including legit apps.

-Luke

Quote Originally Posted by coqui258 View Post
    It saved it automatically to my desktop, not to the windows location. And it's titled sn0wbreeze_iphone3G.ipsw
    You're ok, use it to restore.

one question if i have a iphone 3g what do i get from the 4.0 cause i want multi tasking and if winterboard isn't working how do i use the itunes background app

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSlam1994 View Post
    one question if i have a iphone 3g what do i get from the 4.0 cause i want multi tasking and if winterboard isn't working how do i use the itunes background app
    MultiTasking can be enabled using redsn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by King Shady View Post
    Hey guys just a general question- why does it matter if ur 3gs has been jailbroken by spirit before? just wondering thanks
    SPIRIT is a userland JB. Basically it works completely different from pwnage, redsn0w, sn0wbreeze and the "break" is closed when going to iOS 4.

Trust me, I'm not happy about it either! My original 3Gs that I got on launch day last year bit it a couple weeks ago.

Now, I have a NEW BOOTROM 3Gs on 3.1.3 that I had to JB with Spirit (only option :/)

We just sit and wait, and wait, and wait.

what about the background app itunes version of winterboard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    still getting this error once I try and Shift+Restore "cannot restore iphone an unknown error has occurred. (2)" any ideas?

@Luke, cydia apps don't really sync, you would have to trigger an action to make all previous cydia apps be installed, say if u were using Rock restore backups or aptbackup I believe

Me too...

I updated to the GM 4.0 through itunes, and am trying to restore with the custom snowbreeze ipsw, and it's not doing anything now.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    Your thinking of the baseband. Or at least thats what you just wrote.

Check the model. Does it start with MC?
    It does not matter if you are MC or MB. I am MB and apparently have the NEW bootrom

I have IBOOT --359.3.2

OLD is just 359.3

To find out in windows, put phone in DFU mode (google if u dont know how) and then go into device manager.

In device manager look under Universal Serial Bus controllers, than Apple Mobile Device USB Driver,

than, right click and open Properties,details, than Device Instance Path, go to the very end of the Value and read your IBOOT

I have the oldest 3gs possible at 4.0 no shsh blobs saved... is it possible to jailbreak/downgrade my iphone?

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast