Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 574

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberjust View Post
    OK.. so I have a 3GS with Version 3.1.3 and bootrom 359.3 jailbroken by Spirit and iTunes 9.2. This means I cannot use either pwnage or sn0wbreeze? Is there a workaround to get a jailbroken iOS 4.0?
    Restore to Custom 3.1.3 made be sn0wbreeze or pwnagetools, then upgrade to 4.0 made be sn0wbreeze or pwnagetools.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    Is it tethered or untethered? (do you have to connect your iphone to the pc to when restarted) ?
    I believe I'm unteathered. I can power down my phone and bring it back up without the need to connect it to my PC. Can you tell I'm a total newb?
    Last edited by fljeepn; 2010-06-24 at 03:46 PM.

  3. #283
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Can
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Drmias I must be blind is there suppose to be a ipsw file in that download ? Everything is in .dmg format and snowbreeze wants to be pointed to a ipsw file ?

    I am on a 3GS with old boot rom still on FW 3.0

    Thanks

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by fljeepn View Post
    I believe I'm unteathered. I can power down my phone and bring it back up with the need to connect it to my PC. Can you tell I'm a total newb?
    So all you've got to do is making a custom 4.0 using Sn0wBreeze, and Shift+Restore to it.
    Good luck,
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

    fljeepn (2010-06-24)

  6. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    So all you've got to do is making a custom 4.0 using Sn0wBreeze, and Shift+Restore to it.
    Good luck,
    Thanks - Blackrain was simple enough. I'm not 100% sure about doing it with another software. I need an idiot guide. As much as I'd like to have a new iPhone 4, I don't want to brick my 3GS to get it. LOL

  7. #286
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    OK,
    been trying to work this out for 3 hrs

    Currently I have a 3GS with 3.1 Jailbroken with Blackrain.
    Using iTunes 9.0.1

    I know i have to upgrade to 3.1.2, and on cydia it says that my
    shsh for 3.1, 3.1.2 & 3.1.3 are on file.

    I used tinyumbrella to find my shsh which has been saved into
    a folder on my pc.

    I then downloaded the 3.1.2 ipsw for my iphone.
    Put it into recovery, connected to iTunes, Shift+Restore the
    ipsw.

    I try and recieve this error .
    (An unknown error occurred (3002).)

    Sometimes i get
    (iphone this device isn't eligible for the requested build)

    I need this to be able to then create custom firmware and
    upgrade to 4.0.....i wish i could just custom firmware over the 3.1! LOL!

    Please help!

  8. #287
    Still trying to figure out if this does a full restore(start from scratch) or is it like an upgrade where we still have all our apps. It sounds like since we are doing a restore it's like starting all over. Can we then sync the phone with a bakup to reload photos,apps, etc?
    -Luke

  9. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by deano1964 View Post
    OK,
    been trying to work this out for 3 hrs

    Currently I have a 3GS with 3.1 Jailbroken with Blackrain.
    Using iTunes 9.0.1

    I know i have to upgrade to 3.1.2, and on cydia it says that my
    shsh for 3.1, 3.1.2 & 3.1.3 are on file.

    I used tinyumbrella to find my shsh which has been saved into
    a folder on my pc.

    I then downloaded the 3.1.2 ipsw for my iphone.
    Put it into recovery, connected to iTunes, Shift+Restore the
    ipsw.

    I try and recieve this error .
    (An unknown error occurred (3002).)

    Sometimes i get
    (iphone this device isn't eligible for the requested build)

    I need this to be able to then create custom firmware and
    upgrade to 4.0.....i wish i could just custom firmware over the 3.1! LOL!

    Please help!
    Go to this file on your computer:
    Windows:
    Code:
    C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts
    or Mac:
    Code:
    /etc/hosts
    And add the line
    Code:
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    And add '#' to all the other lines to be seem like this:

    Code:
    #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
    #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host
    
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    
    # 127.0.0.1      gs.apple.com
    
    # ::1             localhost
    And then restore to the version you've got blobs for.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  10. #289
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    that site does NOT work.... im looking for the restore for 3.1.3 cuz i updated to 4.0.....can someone HELP ME PLZ

  11. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    Using your blobs, restore to CUSTOM 3.1.3 made by Sn0wBreeze Or PwnageTools, And then you should restore with CUSTOM 4.0 to get your device on 4.0 Jailbroken.



    won't change nothing, you'll have to install it to use it with you're 4.0 iphone, but not necessarily for the restore process.
    Thank you thank you thank you.... Can you point me to a link on how to restore to custom 3.1.3? Appreciate it!!!!

  12. #291

  13. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    Still trying to figure out if this does a full restore(start from scratch) or is it like an upgrade where we still have all our apps. It sounds like since we are doing a restore it's like starting all over. Can we then sync the phone with a bakup to reload photos,apps, etc?
    -Luke
    Yes, you only have to make sure you backup your device before starting this process.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  14. #293
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    they did but it wouldnt work for me

  15. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzdre View Post
    they did but it wouldnt work for me
    Whats the problem? where are you stuck?

    Quote Originally Posted by rmathew_99 View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you.... Can you point me to a link on how to restore to custom 3.1.3? Appreciate it!!!!
    Google 'downgrade to 3.1.2' and you have to do exactly the same except you should downgrade to custom 3.1.3.
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-06-24 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  16. #295
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    do u think u could download the 3.1.3 and email it to me plz?

  17. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzdre View Post
    do u think u could download the 3.1.3 and email it to me plz?
    Check out your private.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  18. #297
    Default Simple question Iphone 4 JB?
    I read through his thread and many others and I have a simple question. I received my new iPhone4 yesterday and I want to JB it, is that possible and how?

  19. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    I read through his thread and many others and I have a simple question. I received my new iPhone4 yesterday and I want to JB it, is that possible and how?
    Currently Impossible.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  20. #299
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Can
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Drmias I must be blind is there suppose to be a ipsw file in that download ? Everything is in .dmg format and snowbreeze wants to be pointed to a ipsw file ?

    It asks please point to the 4.0 ipsw file ?

    I am on a 3GS with old boot rom still on FW 3.0

    Thanks
    Last edited by bigmoss; 2010-06-24 at 04:16 PM.

  21. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoss View Post
    Drmias I must be blind is there suppose to be a ipsw file in that download ? Everything is in .dmg format and snowbreeze wants to be pointed to a ipsw file ?

    I am on a 3GS with old boot rom still on FW 3.0

    Thanks
    First you have to upgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 (depends on which blobs you've got backed up), jailbreak it with (Blackra1n {if 3.1.2} or PwnageTools Or Sn0wBreeze, Or simply download a custom 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 version)
    and only then, upgrade to CUSTOM 4.0.
    here's a link for 4.0 anyway:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....3_Restore.ipsw
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-06-24 at 04:19 PM.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •