Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

Quote Originally Posted by coqui258 View Post
    First thing it asks for is to browse to the 4.0 ispw file... I searched my computer and can't find it. Am I supposed to download it first and then run the program?
    Yes.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

Where should I download it from? I've seen a few on google, just want to make sure those are ok to use...

sorry for sounding like a n00b, but I'm actually not that bad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

First thing it asks for is to browse to the 4.0 ispw file... I searched my computer and can't find it. Am I supposed to download it first and then run the program?
    Yes, you need to download the firmware from somewhere first. Obviously you won't find it if you haven't downloaded it
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Where should I download it from? I've seen a few on google, just want to make sure those are ok to use...

sorry for sounding like a n00b, but I'm actually not that bad.
    Here you go:

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....3_Restore.ipsw

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

coqui258 (2010-06-24)

Thank you so much.

Some how I messed up my custom build. It was giving me an error 17 on iTunes. Had to restore and lost jailbreak on 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie6801 View Post
    Some how I messed up my custom build. It was giving me an error 17 on iTunes. Had to restore and lost jailbreak on 3GS.
    Downgrade to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 depends on what blobs you've got backed up, Jailbreak and then upgrade to CUSTOM 4.0.

coqui...your in the same boat i was.

download 4.0 on iTunes, when you shift restore you find it in

documents and settings> application data> apple computer> iTunes> iPhone software updates

you have to unhide folders to see all options.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to geetee03 For This Useful Post:

coqui258 (2010-06-24)

Quote Originally Posted by geetee03 View Post
    coqui...your in the same boat i was.

download 4.0 on iTunes, when you shift restore you find it in

documents and settings> application data> apple computer> iTunes> iPhone software updates

you have to unhide folders to see all options.
    And Then he'll be stuck with stock apple 4.0 !!!!!!!
    he wants it jailbroken!

Hi all,
    I have a 3GS, 3.1.3 (7E18), Firmware 5.12.1, MB715LL model and JBroken with Spirit. Since Spirit is what preventing many people from using this new tool and GEOHOT latest refusal to work on anything new, what are our options? I don't know what was the point of putting Spirit on Dev Team's website if new tools were coming and they were not going to work with Spirit.
    Is there any way to get rid of Spirit from the phone with blobs for 3.1.3? I would like to stop using anything from Geohot and use more mainstream tools who I know will release things in timely manor.
    Any comments and help will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,

Another thing... I'm still on itunes 9.0. Going to 9.2 won't change anything would it?

Quote Originally Posted by rmathew_99 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a 3GS, 3.1.3 (7E18), Firmware 5.12.1, MB715LL model and JBroken with Spirit. Since Spirit is what preventing many people from using this new tool and GEOHOT latest refusal to work on anything new, what are our options? I don't know what was the point of putting Spirit on Dev Team's website if new tools were coming and they were not going to work with Spirit.
    Is there any way to get rid of Spirit from the phone with blobs for 3.1.3? I would like to stop using anything from Geohot and use more mainstream tools who I know will release things in timely manor.
    Any comments and help will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Using your blobs, restore to CUSTOM 3.1.3 made by Sn0wBreeze Or PwnageTools, And then you should restore with CUSTOM 4.0 to get your device on 4.0 Jailbroken.

Another thing... I'm still on itunes 9.0. Going to 9.2 won't change anything would it?
    won't change nothing, you'll have to install it to use it with you're 4.0 iphone, but not necessarily for the restore process.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does someone have a link to download OS4 with the .IPSW format all the ones I find to download are dmg format and Snowbreeze for windows does not see them when you are to browse to the firmware when starting out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    And Then he'll be stuck with stock apple 4.0 !!!!!!!
    he wants it jailbroken!
    He has a 3G...

running jailbreak software will be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoss View Post
    Does someone have a link to download OS4 with the .IPSW format all the ones I find to download are dmg format and Snowbreeze for windows does not see them when you are to browse to the firmware when starting out

Thanks
    For 3G[s] ONLY!

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....3_Restore.ipsw

19. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

bigmoss (2010-06-24)

OK..I'm jailbroken with Blackrain and on 3.1.2(7D11). Will this work for me? Running a 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by fljeepn View Post
    OK..I'm jailbroken with Blackrain and on 3.1.2(7D11). Will this work for me? Running a 3GS.
    Is it tethered or untethered? (do you have to connect your iphone to the pc to when restarted) ?

OK.. so I have a 3GS with Version 3.1.3 and bootrom 359.3 jailbroken by Spirit and iTunes 9.2. This means I cannot use either pwnage or sn0wbreeze? Is there a workaround to get a jailbroken iOS 4.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    Thank You !

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast