Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

Im a 3g on ios 4 jailbroken with redsn0w and am wondering if anyone knows it it would be better to be jailbroken with sn0wbreeze instead. my spring board has crashed a couple of times and it is acting buggy as expected but i was just wondering if one would preform better than the other. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by converym View Post
    Dumb question alert;

This Jailbreak is only for the iOS4 running on the 3Gs right?

I.e. the iPhone4 running iOS4 is not Jailbroken yet??
    Correct the iPhone 4 is not jailbroken yet.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

converym (2010-06-25)

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    correct the iphone 4 is not jailbroken yet.
    yet!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    yet!!!!
    Well we don't really know anything about it yet at all. Gonna have to see what the teams say about the new hardware and security that Apple may have changed.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't realize how much I was dependent on jailbreaking, I feel so lost on my iPhone 4 unjailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    remove ultrasn0w and try again, I had to do it about three times befor it worked for me.

and yes it says reboot not Return to Cydia,

so you reboot via Cydia then as soon your device turns on, turn it back off, then back on and you should be good to go.
    Thanks, I'll keep trying...

Tell me about it! I am a tmobile user. Got 2 iPhone 4's today praying I didn't just waist 600 and 700$$$$

If I am on a 3GS and still running 3.1.2. but am not sure if I used pwnage or spirit is there a way I can tell? I would love to just upgrade it using pwnage to 4.0 but don't want to mess it up

Quote Originally Posted by derekpretto View Post
    Thanks for nothing guys. I didthe upgrade, followed the steps (not many) now I have 2 ibrick 3g that have new 4.0, jailbroken... but now not unlocked. Thanks again.
    I'm not quite sure what your problem is (apart from a bad attitude), UltraSn0w unlocks your phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmflora85 View Post
    Im a 3g on ios 4 jailbroken with redsn0w and am wondering if anyone knows it it would be better to be jailbroken with sn0wbreeze instead. my spring board has crashed a couple of times and it is acting buggy as expected but i was just wondering if one would preform better than the other. thanks
    Sn0wbreeze is never a better option(than anything).
    As with all major FW 'changes, you should not upgrade. Restore to 4.0 and set up as a new phone then RedSn0w and UltraSn0w.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I did it!!!
    I unlocked an Iphone 3G, 3.1.3, baseband 05.11.07

upgrade to ios4 custom. When in BUILD, select (Enable baseband update) & (Re-enable functionality). The phone will jailbreak with Modem Firmware 05.13.04 but not unlock.

To unlock, go to Unlock iOS 4.0 with Ultrasn0w | Redmond Pie

and follow instructions. That is it.

Good Luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I doing something wrong. I cannot for the life of me downgrade my 3.1.3 to 3.1.2. I try to restore to custom 3.1.2 in iTunes 9.1 and it stays in recovery mode. Yes I have shah on sauriks server and I changed my host file. Should I just restore to STD 3.1.2 then jailbreak blackra1n then try to restore to a custom 4.0?

When restore, am I supposed to be in dfu or recovery or restore regular and pick the custom firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I'm not quite sure what your problem is (apart from a bad attitude), UltraSn0w unlocks your phones.

Sn0wbreeze is never a better option(than anything).
    As with all major FW 'changes, you should not upgrade. Restore to 4.0 and set up as a new phone then RedSn0w and UltraSn0w.
    I figured it out. Thanks. My attitude is better.

Ok fellas I am hoping for a little advice. I've had a good read around but I'm still not sure. I currently have a 3GS that I have JB with b1ackrain. It's an untethered JB. My version is 3.1.2 and Model is MC131B.

As far as I can understand..I should be alright to use Pwnage 4 (although I don't know how or if I need to back up my SHSH)

Any pointers would be appreciated muchly!

I guess 'MC' series phones have new bootrom so sorry but you need to stay away

I have a issue.... after upgrading my 3Gs with pwnage 4.01, i am still not able to ibooks. The appl opens up but takes forever to download anything from the store & doesnt take anything that i synchronize from itunes..... any fix for that??
    Last edited by iphonebuddy; 2010-06-25 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tamaysz View Post
    In the past, the dev team hasn't made any tools for those that have a new bootroom.

It look's like a few of us are gonna have to wait on Geohot, or wait to see if Spirit will be updated.
    I think I am probably in this boat... but a question...

Does a firmware upgrade alter your bootrom? I'm reading in places that if your model number is MCxxx (which mine is) its a new bootrom, but if your serial number (4ht and 5th digits) are less than 40 (mine is 24) you have the old bootrom. I am really confused with all the information, at least some of which seems to be conflicting.

I upgraded because Apple (Itunes) said I couldnt restore with 3.1.3 anymore and now, it seems, I'm screwed until the devteam or someone else works some miracles

Quote Originally Posted by iphonebuddy View Post

I have a issue.... after upgrading my 3Gs with pwnage 4.01, i am still not able to ibooks. The appl opens up but takes forever to download anything from the store & doesnt take anything that i synchronize from itunes..... any fix for that??
    Thats just iBooks. AFAIAC its useless on the iphone. I've reverted to stanza, which is as quick as ever, and deleted the ibooks app.

I'm getting frustrated with the crappy battery life, and am about to switch off notifications and location services entirely, and I also don't actually like the folders much. I think I prefer Categories... and I'm missing MyWi
    Last edited by kyteflyer; 2010-06-26 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^look in Settings-general-About:Modem Firmware if it says 05.12.01 or above you can't use Pwnagetool 4.0/4.01
    Last edited by dsg; 2010-06-26 at 12:51 AM.

^look in Settings-general-About:Modem Firmware if it says 05.12.01 or above you can't use Pwnagetool 4.0/4.01
    bootrom and firmware are not the same thing as far as I know...

I did it!!!
    I unlocked an Iphone 3G, 3.1.3, baseband 05.11.07

upgrade to ios4 custom. When in BUILD, select (Enable baseband update) & (Re-enable functionality). The phone will jailbreak with Modem Firmware 05.13.04 but not unlock.

To unlock, go to Unlock iOS 4.0 with Ultrasn0w | Redmond Pie

and follow instructions. That is it.

Good Luck
    Wrong on so many points.

That site spreads so much rubbish!

RedSn0w and UltraSn0w is what you should have done.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrippey View Post
    Am I doing something wrong. I cannot for the life of me downgrade my 3.1.3 to 3.1.2. I try to restore to custom 3.1.2 in iTunes 9.1 and it stays in recovery mode. Yes I have shah on sauriks server and I changed my host file. Should I just restore to STD 3.1.2 then jailbreak blackra1n then try to restore to a custom 4.0?

When restore, am I supposed to be in dfu or recovery or restore regular and pick the custom firmware?
    Do you have your 3.12 blobs on file? What error are you getting?

I figured it out. Thanks. My attitude is better.
    Good

Quote Originally Posted by unreality64 View Post
    Ok fellas I am hoping for a little advice. I've had a good read around but I'm still not sure. I currently have a 3GS that I have JB with b1ackrain. It's an untethered JB. My version is 3.1.2 and Model is MC131B.

As far as I can understand..I should be alright to use Pwnage 4 (although I don't know how or if I need to back up my SHSH)

Any pointers would be appreciated muchly!
    Use pwnage 4.01 but you really should have got your blobs on file before now!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
    bootrom and firmware are not the same thing as far as I know...
    your right, it's for the unlock. Soz

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this true? If it is, I am SOL Well at least if I can get back down to 3.1.2 I can jailbreak again and unlock but that sucks....
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast