Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    ^follow this from Step thirteen
    I did, as a side note, the tutorial says: "Step Thirteen
    After installation completes successfully press the large Return to Cydia button." but the button actually says reboot device (which I did)

Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Thanks

ok this question might have been answered before but i have a iphone 3g 16gb on OS 3.0.... it is jailbroken and unlocked (using t-mobile)... the shsh blobs were never saved to cydia.. is there anyway to safely upgrade to 3.1.3??? and how would it do it?? or would i have to upgrade to OS 4.0?? THANX!!!

So I have an Iphone 3GS unlocked and jailbroken through Tmobile. Its runnings 3.1.2 and FW 05.11.07 I can use this program to unlock and jailbreak my phone and use the new Iphone 4 OS without any problems?

I just downloaded Pwnage tool and thats all I need right? Because it creates a custom firmware for you right? Just double checking before I do something stupid and ruin my 3GS. If you need anymore info from me to answer this question please ask! Thanks
    Last edited by tjlamro; 2010-06-24 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luismorneo View Post
    I did, as a side note, the tutorial says: "Step Thirteen
    After installation completes successfully press the large Return to Cydia button." but the button actually says reboot device (which I did)
    So what happens when you follow from step 14?

Quote Originally Posted by femibrim View Post
    ok this question might have been answered before but i have a iphone 3g 16gb on OS 3.0.... it is jailbroken and unlocked (using t-mobile)... the shsh blobs were never saved to cydia.. is there anyway to safely upgrade to 3.1.3??? and how would it do it?? or would i have to upgrade to OS 4.0?? THANX!!!
    You can upgrade to whatever you want - blobs are only for the 3GS

UltraSn0w will unlock either.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

femibrim (2010-06-24)

Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Thanks

thx for the reply confucious!!! the iphone 3g 3.0 04.26.08 baseband doesnt need blobs?? ok.... so could you please tell me what i would use to upgrade safely to 3.1.3???? would that be pwnage or something else???

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So what happens when you follow from step 14?
    rebooted, it keeps searching for signal for a while and then go to no service.

Also where do you download the custom firmware package? i have the application downloaded just not sure what the next step is

So I download pwnage 4.0...then what? Does it find and make the new firmware? I don't see the next step.

I have checked in the other posts but can't find an answer. I feel dumb right now Is there currently an unlock/JB for the new iPhone 4 for Windows? My buddy got one and is going to use it for T-Mobile here in the US (I already know I have to cut down the SIM). Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by luismorneo View Post
    rebooted, it keeps searching for signal for a while and then go to no service.
    remove ultrasn0w and try again, I had to do it about three times befor it worked for me.

and yes it says reboot not Return to Cydia,

so you reboot via Cydia then as soon your device turns on, turn it back off, then back on and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by tjlamro View Post
    Also where do you download the custom firmware package? i have the application downloaded just not sure what the next step is
    It is perfectly legal to create your own but not to distribute.

Please don't ask.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It is perfectly legal to create your own but not to distribute.

Please don't ask.
    Well I have no idea how to create one so I guess I'm in trouble

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It is pretty easy. Select your device then click build.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2010-06-25)

On the Pwnage tool? I click the 3GS phone and it tells me to click continue... I do that and it says No firmware bundle found.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I this thread there is a download link for Apple's firmware. Let me find it.

Here you go: 3GS http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....3_Restore.ipsw

I just left it in my downloads file and it showed up in pwnage tool.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

confucious (2010-06-25)

Does anyone know where the excell spread sheet that has the status updates for the compatibility states of the cydia packages can b found?? Thanks.

Thanks for nothing guys. I didthe upgrade, followed the steps (not many) now I have 2 ibrick 3g that have new 4.0, jailbroken... but now not unlocked. Thanks again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to derekpretto For This Useful Post:

killkyo (2010-06-25)

Thanks

Dumb question alert;

This Jailbreak is only for the iOS4 running on the 3Gs right?

I.e. the iPhone4 running iOS4 is not Jailbroken yet??

Quote Originally Posted by derekpretto View Post
    Thanks for nothing guys. I didthe upgrade, followed the steps (not many) now I have 2 ibrick 3g that have new 4.0, jailbroken... but now not unlocked. Thanks again.
    ^No one forced you to take the upgrade, if you were unsure about anything you should have asked, and why did you do two at the same time you should have used 1 as a test case

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Just ran this on an old 3G I have and it worked great but the phone is unbelievably laggy. Can I simply restore to 3.1.2 (what I was running before iOS4 custom) since my baseband is still 5.11.07 or is it more complicated?
    Just tried it and it works fine to go from pwnage 4.0 custom FW back to 3.1.2. Just FYI

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast