Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

Has any1 that hacktivated the phone had any problems with push notification?

Green Apple
    Thanks

How long will it take for recent 3GS owners with the new bootrom? Is there something in the works already?

I am having major MMS issues now that I have updated. Is anyone else? Any ios4 mms fixes? Im running an iphone 3G with 4.0 unlock/jailbreak on Tmobile with a post paid account. Thanks!

In another thread, there are discussions about the OTA updates pushed by AT&T which locks the phone again. Has anyone experienced this after upgrade?

I am ready with the custom ipsw, just holding on to find the truth about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    The only way to jailbreak 3.1.3 is PwnageTools, and to use it (Restore to a Custom FW), if you're on 3.1.3 (JBed with Spirit) and have the hashes, then restore to a Custom 3.1.3 (JBed with PwnageTools) and then upgrade to a Custom (Pwnagetools) 4.0.
    could you please elaborate this more?
    because from what I know, we cant PWN 3.1.3, and if you use spirit, it's not considered to be "pwned" yet..

and have you tried this yet?

^ I think he meant 3.12
    If you have your blobs on file for 3.12 you can downgrade to 3.12 then pwn your phone and upgrade to 4.0 using a custom ipsw created with pwnage - to restore a customipsw your phone needs to have been pwned before. The only JB for 3.13 is Spirit which is a userland JB and does not make the necessary modification to the boot files to enable custom FW to be installed.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^ dang, I thought there was a glimpse of hope..
    I think I'll just be patient for the time being..
    thanks for clearing things..

does the bootloader version have anything to do with ultrasn0w not being able to unlock my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by elle49 View Post
    Something to note: need to be in *recovery mode*, not DFU mode... at least that worked for me!

how long did you leave it on "preparing iphone for restore"?
    I kept getting error 1600 from DFU mode, when I put it into recovery mode, it worked for me, just took a while to get through the "preparing" stage (the apple with the progress bar on the phone)

my setup:
    iphone 3.1.2 jailbroken (I had to downgrade from official 3.1.3, so I had 5.12 firmware)
    I have the old bootrom (359.3)
    my blobs are stored in cydia
    im on a mac
    new itunes 9.2
    used pwnage tool 4.0
    changed my hosts file on my computer (How to edit the hosts file in Mac OS X – Leopard Decoding the Web
    can't think of anything else relevant..

currently restoring from a backup which seems to be taking FOREVER!
    Sorry for the dumb question but what is the difference between DFU and recovery? I get the same error as you. How do you get into recovery mode?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

DFU is a black screen, recovery has the connect to iTunes picture on the screen.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    DFU is a black screen, recovery has the connect to iTunes picture on the screen.
    Ahh! Thanks man! Its all coming back to me now. I remember how to get into recovery.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

are my posts invisible?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had to get the ipsw file first because it was not in the new pwnage so I had to download it and then make my custom ipsw to make it work.Also if it is already jailbroken you connect it to itunes you dont put it into dfu mode.You connect hit restore press the control shift button find your custom ipsw and restore with that and make sure your iphone was backed up before you even attempt to put the new Ios4 on it .It took a little bit had to reload a lot of my stuff on there (apps, Music ,videos, but it worked!
    Last edited by skblut; 2010-06-24 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luismorneo View Post
    are my posts invisible?
    Yes.

Without details your questions are almost impossible to answer.

Upgraded to 4.0..... Thanks a ton Dev team... struggled a bit to put the phone in recovery mode. but restore + unlock was smooth like butter

BTW for anyone who is facing a challenge in putting phone in recovery mode like me, connect the phone to iTunes while it's booted up & press the Option+Restore. iTunes takes care of putting the phone in recovery mode.

Worked great! thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Yes.

Without details your questions are almost impossible to answer.
    I did, page 29 of this thread.

iPhone 3G MB702LL 5.13.04 iOS4 jailbroken with redsn0w.

Can't unlock with ultrasn0w, keep saying "no service" , any ideas, advice or help will be really appreciated.

(the week is 44, not sure if that matters)

please help.

^follow this from Step thirteen

Just ran this on an old 3G I have and it worked great but the phone is unbelievably laggy. Can I simply restore to 3.1.2 (what I was running before iOS4 custom) since my baseband is still 5.11.07 or is it more complicated?

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast