Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 4.0 Released: Jailbreak & Unlock iOS 4

Something to note: need to be in *recovery mode*, not DFU mode... at least that worked for me!

Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    Bro I have been trying to get ANYONE to respond to this ALL DAY with no luck
    how long did you leave it on "preparing iphone for restore"?
    I kept getting error 1600 from DFU mode, when I put it into recovery mode, it worked for me, just took a while to get through the "preparing" stage (the apple with the progress bar on the phone)

my setup:
    iphone 3.1.2 jailbroken (I had to downgrade from official 3.1.3, so I had 5.12 firmware)
    I have the old bootrom (359.3)
    my blobs are stored in cydia
    im on a mac
    new itunes 9.2
    used pwnage tool 4.0
    changed my hosts file on my computer (http://decoding.wordpress.com/2009/0...-os-x-leopard/
    can't think of anything else relevant..

currently restoring from a backup which seems to be taking FOREVER!
    Last edited by elle49; 2010-06-23 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

PwnageTool 4.1 released. Supposed to fix iBooks. Downloading now...

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/726179754/foursome-news

thankxxxxxxx man thankxxxxxx alot for dev team

Quote Originally Posted by MonkikiX View Post
    PwnageTool 4.1 released. Supposed to fix iBooks. Downloading now...

Dev-Team Blog - foursome news
    how did pwnage tool 4.1 work out? I can't get multitasking to work... maybe 4.1 will fix that too?

EDIT: Nevermind... just needed to update my apps.
    Last edited by elle49; 2010-06-23 at 10:07 AM.

It works! PDFs and ePubs both working fine in iBooks. I had no other issues aside from iBooks with PwnageTool 4.0. Now my iOS 4.0 experience is complete.
    Last edited by MonkikiX; 2010-06-23 at 10:00 AM.

Ok so after reading it all, I managed to jailbreak and, supposedly, unlock on 4.0 3GS. Friend of mine created an IPSW on his MAC and I got it from him on Windows.

I had already updated to 4.0 from Apple from a 3.1.3 that was done with Blackra1n before and I screwed up when I did I guess.

Trying to use the custom 4.0 straight from the original 4.0 wasn't working. So I tried to downgrade to 3.1.2 to use blackra1n and then use the custom 4.0.

When I downgraded to 3.1.2, phone got stuck on Recovery Mode and wouldn't go away. I also got an error at the end that was supposed to go away when I used one of these proggies online that exit recovery mode but none of them were working (QuickPwn or RecBoot, stupid Win7). So I ran blackra1n from right there even with the Recovery Screen on and it actually jailbroke it and took me back to the Home Screen. Happiness!

Well I noticed I had no service at all on AT&T, probably because of the mess So I decided to just update to the 4.0 custom right from the Recovery Screen. Worked!! Except still no service even with my own AT&T SIM.

So I decide to install ultrasn0w from Cydia since WiFi is working and voila, AT&T works just fine.

Now here's the question: my cousin HAD T-Mobile up until 4 days ago I didn't know he had canceled until I asked for his SIM just now and he said he had canceled. When I insert the SIM, it goes into Searching and then "No Service" shows up. When I select the Network it says something about me being on a Restricted Network. Is this NORMAL for a SIM that has been disabled by T-Mobile? On his own old phone, bars show up on his screen but when trying to place a call it immediately goes into Call Failed, same as when I try from the iPhone. I don't have anyone else to ask for a working T-Mobile SIM so I wanted to know if that's a message you get when it's disabled so it should be all good when a working SIM is put in.

Thanks in advance!

lol i keep getting stuck at preparing iphone for restore too.

mine's a 3GS with old bootrom, first jb'ed using pwnage at 3.0

then spirit for 3.1.3

after which i downgraded to 3.1.2

then tried to JB with pwnage 4.0, stuck

edit: tried downgradeing to 3.1.2 again from 4.0, jailbreak with redsn0w
    got stuck at the installing activation bundles, force reset my iphone 3gs
    and tried restoring to custom firmware 4.0 again. now I'm getting a progress bar.... waiting now...

edit 2: YES!!! GOT IT DONE!
    Last edited by Filth; 2010-06-23 at 12:42 PM.

Muff thanks to dev team, an please do a Sn0wbreeze

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffolus For This Useful Post:

mulki (2010-06-23)

Sn0wbreeze is nothing to do with the Dev Team!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone 3G
    Firmware: 05.11.07
    Serial Number: 87827xxxxxx

Was able to build the Firmware and update iPhone. Unlocked with UltraSn0w. Everything working great!

Thanks Dev Team!
    Mulki

4.01 just release a while ago.. some update.. any important thing to know about this update?
    no spam

RedSn0w is an easier option for 3G users and works one Windows and Macs.

4.01 fixes iBook issues
    Last edited by confucious; 2010-06-23 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well chaps I've successfully upgraded after a lot of messing round, I'm on windows using a 3gs which was on 3.1.2.

I downloaded a custom firmware after searching for them on google an spent a few hours this morning trying to shift restore the custom firmware after going in restore mode an kept getting error 1600 and after a while i was locked in dfu mode.

finally I got out of DFU mode my phone was functioning again on 3.1.2 so i just shift restored the custom firmware while the phone was turned on no restore mode and now I'm on 4.0 with cydia the lot.

So why not try it without entering recovery/dfu mode and see if it works for you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to richiemana For This Useful Post:

capttanhowdy (2010-06-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anybody knows how to make this work if I don't have the 3.1.2 SHSHs??

Your device details say 3G - if that's the case you don't need SHSH and can just upgrade to 4 use RedSn0w then UltraSn0w

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Your device details say 3G - if that's the case you don't need SHSH and can just upgrade to 4 use RedSn0w then UltraSn0w
    my bad,,
    mine's a 3Gs 3.1.3 with spirit, old bootrom.
    and only has the SHSHs for 3.1.3

You can't pwn your phone unless it's been pwned before and as Spirit is userland, not true pwnage, your out of luck at the moment.

Do you guys know when is the release of the windows version of this?

I installed the custom firmware and my phone keeps crashing after I install certain Cydia apps like SpringJumps. Thoughts?
    Modding Addict

Quote Originally Posted by JurisHP View Post
    I installed the custom firmware and my phone keeps crashing after I install certain Cydia apps like SpringJumps. Thoughts?
    Hi Juris, Springjumps is not supported at the moment.

here's a reference on which apps are supported / supported partially and not.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?k...g&f=true&gid=1

I'm missing a couple of features already but until they are updated we can only wait.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast