Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking & Unlocking iOS 4 : What You Should Know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks to everyone who has been working on this! I really appreciate it. I have read every post and feel much more confident in doing this but i wonder if someone can confirm the steps for me?

1.download redsnow 0.9.5b5-3
    2.download the firmware 8A293
    3.connect iphone to itunes and upgrade to 4.0 via itunes
    4.once upgraded, turn off phone but leave connected to computer
    5.start redsnow, select firmware that i downloaded
    6.follow instructions on screen
    7.once rebooted go to cydia, then sources
    8.add repo666.ultrasn0w.com as a source

after i do this my iphone 3g should be unlocked and ready to use on the tmobile network?

thanks for everything once again!

Kind Regards
    Brett Day

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What can I do when I dont have MacOS but a Windows computer? I guess I cannot run PwnageTool 4.0 on Windows? I have a 3gs with old bootrom btw.
    Last edited by Birken; 2010-06-22 at 06:38 PM. Reason: added info about 3gs

Quote Originally Posted by flintoff View Post
    hey how ??/ can you tell in details please ??
    Using this

Devteam tweet
    "ultrasn0w 0.93 released! Cydia repo is repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Works with basebands 04.26.08 thru 05.13.04"

EDIT: Answered already, sorry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Last edited by one1; 2010-06-23 at 01:35 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well haven't read all the pages and I'll get right on it, but in the meantime I have a question.

Can a 3G on 4.0 (obviously) be jailbroken and unlocked without any issues? If so, with what tools? Probably ultrasn0w for the unlock, but what tool for the jailbreak? I have 5.11.07 btw. And I used blacksn0w on my 3.1.2.

Achy,

I think the reason these threads get so long is because people don't read before they post. The first post in this thread does suggest redsn0w for an iPhone 3G. The latest version of it will now hacktivate 4.0 in the case that you don't have possession of an ATT sim. Ultrasn0w 0.93 will unlock 5.11.07 and higher. You're in the clear to update and jailbreak if you're dependent on a carrier unlock.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to n1c3jack3t For This Useful Post:

Achy (2010-06-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Achy View Post
    Well haven't read all the pages and I'll get right on it, but in the meantime I have a question.

Can a 3G on 4.0 (obviously) be jailbroken and unlocked without any issues? If so, with what tools? Probably ultrasn0w for the unlock, but what tool for the jailbreak? I have 5.11.07 btw. And I used blacksn0w on my 3.1.2.
    Redsnow is the only way at the moment then ultrasnow for the unlock, i would wait until there is an official JB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nips_19 For This Useful Post:

Achy (2010-06-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply, both of you.

I did read the first post which also said
    However it's still recommend to wait just a little bit longer before making the plunge for iOS 4.
    so I was just wondering if that wait is not necessary anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brett_day View Post
    thanks to everyone who has been working on this! I really appreciate it. I have read every post and feel much more confident in doing this but i wonder if someone can confirm the steps for me?

after i do this my iphone 3g should be unlocked and ready to use on the tmobile network?

Kind Regards
    Brett Day
    the ultrasnow repo should already be added in cydia. all i did was instal ultrasnow from the repo666 link in sources. the unlock works great. i tested on my 3g. the only extra thing you have to do is instal the mms settings just like you would for the other unlocks to send/receive pictures.
    Last edited by Agudan; 2010-06-22 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Agudan For This Useful Post:

brett_day (2010-06-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agudan View Post
    the ultrasnow repo should already be added in cydia. all i did was instal ultrasnow from the repo666 link in sources. the unlock works great. i tested on my 3g. the only extra think you have to do is instal the mms settings just like you would for the other unlocks to send/receive pictures.

the ultrasnow repo should already be added in cydia. all i did was instal ultrasnow from the repo666 link in sources. the unlock works great. i tested on my 3g. the only extra thing you have to do is instal the MMS settings just like you would for the other unlocks to send/receive pictures.
    thats awesome! thanks for confirming, i am going to connect to itunes now and download the update to my phone then give it a go.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brett_day View Post

Kind Regards
    Brett Day
    Very informative, pls advise what iTunes version used? Can v_9.2 can be used for blackra1ned jailbroken?
    And link for firmware 8A293...

THNX

all u do is turn it off and it will work same happened to me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamirza View Post
    Very informative, pls advise what iTunes version used? Can v_9.2 can be used for blackra1ned jailbroken?
    And link for firmware 8A293...

THNX
    i am using itunes 9.2 and i had mine unlocked with black rain originally. the link for the firmware is a few pages back! good luck!

Here is my situation, I have a 3g and a 3gs, the 3g is my wife's and mine is the 3gs, both are jailbroken with spirit. I will be getting a new 4.0 tomorrow, and my wife will then inherit my 3gs. So my new 4.0 I can jailbreak with the new redsnow, but the 3gs will not be able t oupgrade to the new os4 yet because of the fact that I did the original jailbreak with Spirit? Correct?

cant sync to itunes aftre going to 4.0, it keeps telling me it cant read the content of the phone, i already reinstalled itunes and restored the phone twice and installed 4.0 on it twice still nothing.
    everything else works fine i can make calls and 4.0 is on the phone it just wont sync to itunes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm confused... you're getting a "new 4.0"? If you mean an iPhone 4.. then you will not be able to jailbreak yet until a new bootrom exploit is released (pwned4life by Geohot). If you mean you'll be upgrading to iOS 4 then you are correct... the 3G will be fine with redsn0w and the 3GS is stuck (unless you want to restore it with the custom IPSW stealthbravo has on his website)

I already Jailbroke my ipod touch 2g on 4.0

What would I need to do to jailbreak / unlock my 3Gs to the new OS 4.0? I am basically upgrading to Iphone4 and need to jailbreak / unlock my 3Gs for someone else to use.

Current setup:
    Jailbroke using Redsnow.
    OS version 3.0.1
    baseband 4.26.08

Default Unlocked 3Gs
    Thanks dev team.
    I have unlocked my Spirit JB'd 3Gs running 3.1.3 with ultrasn0w.

Yes, I am getting a new iphone4, will redsnow JB it or am I still going to wait on a new JB?

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast