Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking & Unlocking iOS 4 : What You Should Know

thanks Dev Team

In regards to JB/Unlock of iOS 4 on a 3GS:

I'm currently jailbroken and unlocked on a 3GS on iOS 4. I did not use an official jailbreak, and used modded version of pwnage tool through msftguy's bundles.

The ultrasn0w unlock DOES work perfectly on 4.0. I'm on baseband 5.11.07, so once a real jailbreak comes through for the 3GS, I'm going to restore the newest baseband and try ultrasn0w out on that as well. The only issue I ran into is iOS 4 breaks MMS for T-Mobile. Spooky and I (mostly him, haha) have come to the conclusion that the unofficial jailbreak doesn't patch the areas where APN and IPCC settings need to be signed. So the OS sees unsigned APNs and doesn't allow proper MMS to work - my specific problem is not being able to receive any MMS due to "size restrictions".

I basically just want to confirm that ultrasn0w, as well as blacksn0w RC2 for that matter, will BOTH unlock at least 5.11.07 on 4.0. All we need is a jailbreak...so 3GSers can try the unofficial jailbreak, which I don't recommend, or just wait it out. I'd wager to see we'll see a JB within the next week since iPhone 4 is about to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by sabresfan08 View Post
    Without reading through all 20 pages, if I JB my 3G 3.1.3 with Spirit, I cannot update to 4.0? Also, has AppSync been released for 4.0 yet? Thanks
    It's not recommended to update to 4.0 if you've used Spirit for an untethered jailbreak.

I don't think MMi codones warez or cracked apps, so ask elsewhere. There are plenty of other forums to find that out. Hell, even google would answer your second question.
    Last edited by n1c3jack3t; 2010-06-22 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just updated, it gave me an error, ios4 is on, but i cant sync to itunes.

Default Question regarding iPhone 3GS and iOS 4.0...
    I'm just curious, could someone explain to me why people with iPhone 3GS's can't jailbreak their iPhone's with 4.0, when they're currently able to jailbreak using Spirit? My girlfriend has a 3GS, that I'm sure she'll want to upgrade to 4.0 to use the new features. It's already jailbroken using Spirit. Any reason why Spirit wouldn't be able to jailbreak the phone after the 4.0 upgrade? If someone could explain this issue concisely, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Thanks

Most jailbreak programs only work with 1 firmware version. New firmware, new jailbreak program. Easy enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Most jailbreak programs only work with 1 firmware version. New firmware, new jailbreak program. Easy enough?
    Oh, I see. So 3GS users cannot upgrade to iOS 4.0 at all? That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead971 View Post
    I'm just curious, could someone explain to me why people with iPhone 3GS's can't jailbreak their iPhone's with 4.0, when they're currently able to jailbreak using Spirit? My girlfriend has a 3GS, that I'm sure she'll want to upgrade to 4.0 to use the new features. It's already jailbroken using Spirit. Any reason why Spirit wouldn't be able to jailbreak the phone after the 4.0 upgrade? If someone could explain this issue concisely, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
    It will never work unless you either live without a jailbreak or they change it to work for 4.0 new and old boot. I'd stay on 3.x until snowbreeze or some jailbreak comes out, plus ive been to 4.0 mutitask sucks on that! Nothing like proswitcher. The look is cool, but not real multitasking. Character count would be helpful if i had ATT :P

Hope this somewhat helped!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-06-22 at 05:31 PM. Reason: to sound less like an a hole
    iPhone Devices;3

All the iPhone "Killers";50+

How does the iPhone STILL win?

Nice so far everything works great... havent installed any jailbreak apps, or updated any packages from cydia yet tho.

thats great it didnt let me set up as a new device when upgrading now i got to do it again

question: is anyone having 3g connection (not phone) problems since upgrading to ios4. i cant browse on safari or check facebook on my iphone 3gs, mc model, on vodafone.

Well do NOT update to iOS4 if you are jailbroken on 3.1.3 using Spirit. If you do, you will not be able to get on internet, mail, and everything else that requires the internet usage. If someone has a solution, then please let me know. I updated without reading (stupid of me, i know)

I just tested my internet on both 3g and wifi and its working.

Can't wait to get my hands on this and the iPhone4
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

did you trying hacktivation?

Quote Originally Posted by DmVinny View Post
    I just tested my internet on both 3g and wifi and its working.
    did you originally jailbreak yours with spirit? i am strongly considering an attempt to downgrade it :/

No mine was originally done with blackra1n.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxapwn View Post
    Does ANYONE know a way to jailbreak an iPhone 3gs when it's on the emergency call screen, even if it's on 3.1.3??? I'm desperate.
    Spirit will jailbreak 3.13.

ok well i did mine with spirit. i read off different pages that i shouldnt upgrade my os till new jb tools are released. but this was after i actually upgraded.

what are the known consequences of upgrading from a spirit jailbreak?

Known issues after upgrade from spirit jb. I was running 3.1.3 3GS spirit jb and upgraded to 4.0. After upgrade I had no Internet connection. I had to restore and set up as a new iPhone vs restoring from backup to get Internet connection. Things seem to be working fine now but I haven't installed any apps. If ur running a jb'n phone don't update yet like they say, it's really not worth it anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Tedomcmillan View Post
    Known issues after upgrade from spirit jb. I was running 3.1.3 3GS spirit jb and upgraded to 4.0. After upgrade I had no Internet connection. I had to restore and set up as a new iPhone vs restoring from backup to get Internet connection. Things seem to be working fine now but I haven't installed any apps. If ur running a jb'n phone don't update yet like they say, it's really not worth it anyways
    ok i could try that. when you completely restore it, do you lose all the contacts even if you back up -

when i jbed my phone before and my itouch, i kept getting error messages after doing restores and i lost all the information

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast