Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Attention UK, France, Canada! Apple Confirms Unlocked SIM-Free iPhones

Quote Originally Posted by 19Dan89 View Post
    So any SIM means normal SIMs also?
    any micro sim

Hi I was preorder iPhone 4 from AppleStore UK for full price. Im going to use with Czech Vodafone
    I get this notice in confirm email:
    An iPhone purchased at the Apple Online Store with the Pay & Go service from O2 can be used only with an O2 SIM. Should you choose to return your iPhone for any reason within 14 calendar day remorse period of receiving your order, and you have activated your iPhone, please read your contract with O2 for any refund you may be entitled on your credit.

An iPhone purchased at the Apple Online Store with the Pay as you go service from Orange can be used only with an Orange SIM. Should you choose to return your iPhone for any reason within 14 calendar day remorse period of receiving your order, and you have activated your iPhone, please read your contract with Orange for any refund you may be entitled on your credit.
    Does it mean, that I need O2 or Orange Sim card to activate iPhone 4 or I can activate iPhone 4 with my Vodafone card?
    Thanks for help.

Whoever can get me one of these phones from canada im paying $50 for your troubles and whatever it is the cost of it and shipping.

PM me

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

Why not do it in America? Steve needs to stop being racist :s not cool

I just remembered my friend is in Canada right now until august I think.
    email me at [email protected]
    And I'll see if he can buy some for us.
    Not sure how much money he has on him, but he may be able to buy a few.
    I have a junk mail filter, therefore put a subject that looks like a real person.
    That is, if you care enough.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    I love it, I live in Canada , so I can buy an Iphone 4 with contract , subsidised by carrier provider and yet internationally unlocked. Awesome.

Now, Americans will love Canadians more... they need our help..hahaha...LOL

We have four Canadians' providers that sells Iphones, it makes sense to have it internationally unlocked . They are Fido, Rogers (GSM only ), Telus and Bell ( Both CDMA and GSM )

you said Telus and Bell have CDMA?
    does that mean if we buy it there we can use it for Verizon?
    Last edited by merczab13; 2010-06-16 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to merczab13 For This Useful Post:

sandymary (2010-06-16)

I agree, all out of contract iphones or the ones that were purchased at full cost at the apple store in canada should be unlocked by apple.

Quote Originally Posted by maravirus View Post
    If they are providing unlocked iphones which can have any carrier local sim too. I think they need to unlock all iphones released so far. Will they do so?

I wish if they could unlock all iphones to make it compatible for any local sim.

sounds like a good excuse to go on a ROAD TRIP!!! lol the new car needs a good trip before the baby comes anyways

Can I buy it from a store in Canada and just come back down with it?

yep be prepared to pay boarder taxes

Quote Originally Posted by alex1089 View Post
    Whoever can get me one of these phones from canada im paying $50 for your troubles and whatever it is the cost of it and shipping.

PM me
    no a problem...

im all over the forums... i run jailbreakmatrix.com and iphone3g-mods.com

i can grab them once they are released here

have 5 people on the list so far
    Last edited by cadsii; 2010-06-16 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[QUOTE=cadsii;5292219]yep be prepared to pay boarder taxes

no a problem...

Who in there right mind would say "yes I have a bunch of stuff that I picked up?? think about it!!

This is GREAT news!

I'm a bit confused, does it mean that only non-contract iPhones sold in Canada are SIM Unlocked, or is it all iphone 4 are?

I'm getting one either way. I just gotta call my uncle up and have him pick one up on release day, then drive up there and pick it up.

Border taxes aren't a problem if you bring someone else and stay for more than 48 hours. I'm going there with my sister and staying at my uncles for a weekend, so I can declare it (if customs searches your car and finds it, they confiscate it for failing to declare it.)

Every visitor gets a $400 exemption, and family memebers can combine them, so I'll have a $800 exemption after my sister and I are there for a weekend. NO border taxes FTW!

I love living in Seattle

Yeah I live here too. About time something good happens to us living across the pond.

How do you get hit with any kind of tax if you pay cash for the phone and you tell them u just came up to visit for a day of site seeing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danfarmer View Post
    pm me your info!

All I can say is that's messed up. Why pretty much the whole World gets unlocked iphones, and the U.S. customers get screwed.
    Buddy, US citizens have been getting screwed for AGES. Enron, Exxon, BP in the gulf, George Bush, Vietnam, Iraq, 9/11.... AT&T. The list could go on for quite a while! The US upper class is one mother ******* corrupt group.

As a member of this forum as well, I am origially for Texas but now living in Vancouver, BC so if there is anyone wanting a phone just PM me as well. I have no problem getting a few a sending them from blaine, WA. I am down in the States alot so its no bother.

Rory

Please any one help me out buying unlock iphone for me I can pay $25 cands. any body wana help plaese let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by cultgti View Post
    How do you get hit with any kind of tax if you pay cash for the phone and you tell them u just came up to visit for a day of site seeing?
    here is how...

lets just say the border people are not stupid, they know when a product like the ipad or iphone launches and in which country, and if you dont declare then bye bye iphone...

i just grabbed a couple ipads on launch day in buffalo and declared them at the border, where the border guard told me that they've seized 22 iPads at that time of the day (6pm) because people were trying to smuggle them across without declaring them...

i know with the iphone you can chuck all your boxes receipt and all and get it across that way unless they see it on you then they will know for sure... i did this with the iphone 2g, sux if you want to resell later with no box...

Quote Originally Posted by andtron View Post
    Buddy, US citizens have been getting screwed for AGES. Enron, Exxon, BP in the gulf, George Bush, Vietnam, Iraq, 9/11.... AT&T. The list could go on for quite a while! The US upper class is one mother ******* corrupt group.
    yet you guys got your original iphone before us, the ipads before us, the paypal conversions are a nightmare, HST, and im sure i can keep going with the list...
    Last edited by cadsii; 2010-06-17 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If anyone from the States wants I can ship you one from Canada and I'll use paypal if you'd like. Just send me a pm.

What firmware these SIM free unlocked EU phones have and can one upgrade an existing American iphone to an EU firmware to use it in Spain or France?

[QUOTE=cadsii;5293498]here is how...

lets just say the border people are not stupid, they know when a product like the ipad or iphone launches and in which country, and if you dont declare then bye bye iphone...

i just grabbed a couple ipads on launch day in buffalo and declared them at the border, where the border guard told me that they've seized 22 iPads at that time of the day (6pm) because people were trying to smuggle them across without declaring them...

SO what would the "duty" be on a 650$ phone?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast