Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Attention UK, France, Canada! Apple Confirms Unlocked SIM-Free iPhones

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Yeh Apple are selling them unlocked, I'm waiting to see what O2 offer before I preorder mine from Apple
    Im biting the bullet and pre ordered mine this morning. O2 simplicity contracts are so much better than the long 18 month ones so buying it unlocked is logical for me. Furthermore, I also travel overseas during the summer so it is nice to be allowed to change sim cards when I travel etc...

So i live in seattle as well.. I realy would love to know if this will work on tmobile and the "modem firware" will be no big deal?? What happens when you update to 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 ect. Im all over going up north for a pair of phones for my wife and I but I want to know for sure that these issues wont be issues!

Hi Guys

Well I live in the UK and purchased my 3GS unlocked which I think came from Italy last year.

Going to wait and see what the new phone physically looks like and whether the new features are worth it for me and if so will get an unlocked one from Apple. I do a fair bit of international travel and being able to pop in a local sim is a serious cash saver.

It takes micro sim though. Does TMO even have these?

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

exactly what i was gonna ask. I've already looked at several tutorials on how to cut my current tmobile sim but i'd prefer to use an actual microsim anyday

Quote Originally Posted by cultgti View Post
    So i live in seattle as well.. I realy would love to know if this will work on tmobile and the "modem firware" will be no big deal?? What happens when you update to 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 ect. Im all over going up north for a pair of phones for my wife and I but I want to know for sure that these issues wont be issues!
    Officially unlocked means no matter what firmware or baseband you have it will work with any GSM carrier. You won't have to wait for the new unlocks to come out and don't have to worry about accidentally updating to the latest firmware and losing your unlock.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    That's my main question, too. And with a US credit card.
    apple now accepts cash remember

Quote Originally Posted by Wrassle View Post
    Can't pre-order a Iphone 4 from the Canadian Apple store yet.. just says "Coming Soon" -- but the 3gs is there...
    i check every hour, im here in canada so cant wait to run up to TO and grab mine, i can grab for anyone here in interested.. providing you throw me 20$ for gas to TO
    Last edited by cadsii; 2010-06-16 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cadsii For This Useful Post:

sandymary (2010-06-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JLEW700 View Post
    For once I'm glad I live in Washington State. Closest Canadian Apple store is only 2 hours away!!! Is there a limit to how many iphones you can buy??
    Of course there is going to be a limit, up to a max of 10 iphones in a lifetime for each person from Apple Store.

Now, it gets me interested in upgrading to iphone 4 which I think I am eligible to upgrade after doing only 1 year out of the 3 yrs contract.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-16 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cadsii View Post
    apple now accepts cash remember

i check every hour, im here in canada so cant wait to run up to TO and grab mine, i can grab for anyone here in interested.. providing you throw me 20$ for gas to TO
    hell i'd do it if i could...whats the price again for a 32gig? is there tax? i'm thinking of driving up myself...

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

The pre orders at Apple UK have "ran out"? WTF!!!
    Shipping date for new pre orders is by July 2nd. Great I'm going to have to wait again like last year, I knew I shouldn't have waited another day!!
    It's all down to O2 now to let people pre order.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    It takes micro sim though. Does TMO even have these?
    That is how Apple will lock you out, Iphone 4 uses micro sim , even if you have the official unlock , you still can't use it on T-mobile as T-mobile uses regular sim.

I got no problem cutting my card up just to keep tmobile personally

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    That is how Apple will lock you out, Iphone 4 uses micro sim , even if you have the official unlock , you still can't use it on T-mobile as T-mobile uses regular sim.
    Cutting is magical.

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    I got no problem cutting my card up just to keep tmobile personally
    Youu can always get a new SIM through tmobile.

Just reserved mine at milton keynes store

I can't believe you guys would pay upwards of 800 bucks for a cell phone lol. That is insane! We all know the phone is not worth more then a few hundred bucks to begin with. Make Apple more richer would ya?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I can't believe you guys would pay upwards of 800 bucks for a cell phone lol. That is insane! We all know the phone is not worth more then a few hundred bucks to begin with. Make Apple more richer would ya?
    You DO realize that the subsidy that is paid to Apple when you sign a contract makes up the difference right? In other words your words have no merit as Apple is making the same amount of money either way... And by the way, it is cirtually the same for every smart phone on the market.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Oh yay! Too bad Apple doesn't let that option go fly in the US.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

It's paid but it's not paid by me lol. My words have perfect merit! If AT&T wants to pay over-bloated prices by my guest...I'm paying for my plan and that's it.

I am un UK, Can someone tell me if I buy iphone from the any Uk carrier directly with contract, does that mean still unlocked if not no one will buy from the carriers. YES APPLE THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE WANTS DO THIS ALL OVER THE WORLD

i will help anyone out who needs one i live in canada and that is really unfair to the people in the states sorry!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ihaz3g For This Useful Post:

sandymary (2010-06-16)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast