Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 90

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Best Buy, RadioShack iPhone 4 Preorders Start Tomorrow

  1. #61
    I just checked radioshacks appraisal site for a 5 star iPhone 3gs they want to give only $244 there crazy.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I called the shack here and they said to go to their website because that is what they do at the store to get the prices. He also said that the prices will go down considerably once the iPhone is officially released. I dunno. I'm not selling mine for a few months anyways
    I would not trust the "Shack." A friend of mine used the site to get a quote for his 3G. About $190 is the price the site spit out. He went in store to make sure he would get that price and the sales rep quoted a price of a little over $100 and showed him what the site quoted. Although the sales rep did tell him his phone was in great condition I am sure they will try and low-ball you on trade in price. He can easily get $200 or more going through craigslist. Resellers are furiously looking for great deals on that site.

    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    They appraised my 3G @ $127. No way I'm trading it in, I can get at least $200-$250 on eBay or Craigslist
    adp, go with craigslist (free to post and no fees). I sold my 3G 8GB with two cases for $200 in one day, cash in hand. Don't use eBay as the fees are outrageous and PayPal is a horrible payment service. Only thing you have to worry about with craigslist are the serial killers...
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

  3. #63
    What's Jailbreak? MattSinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I work at Best Buy myself. People have been asking if I could already write down their names, and when I told them that it had to be on the exact date, they'd get so pissed at me. Lol

  4. #64
    I talked to the local rat shack at length a few hours ago. They are not taking "pre orders" they will be tag reservations tomorrow at 1pm. Thye have no idea if they will have any phones on launch day. They are taking these restorations, so they can enter them into there system and hofully they will get the # of phones to match. They are not requiring any deposit because if this. (not a true pre order) they are gving gift cards for iPhones turned in, but every day it is going down until it reaches $100 for iPhone 3G or $200 for iPhone 3GS, it Bring one in tomorrow they will gi e you $49 dollars more.

    I'm totally screwed thought because in the AT&T system it says I can not get any discount. The AT&T reps on the phone said they could do nothing for me. When i called an AT&T corporate store, they looked at my account and said even though your account says you are not eligible for a discount, ever iPhone AT&T customer is eligible for either full discount or early discount and we will overide it when come and pre order. Since i want to buy it at rack shack to get the gift card,i don't want to buy it from the corporate store. arrrggg this Sucks!

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    I talked to the local rat shack at length a few hours ago. They are not taking "pre orders" they will be tag reservations tomorrow at 1pm. Thye have no idea if they will have any phones on launch day. They are taking these restorations, so they can enter them into there system and hofully they will get the # of phones to match. They are not requiring any deposit because if this. (not a true pre order) they are gving gift cards for iPhones turned in, but every day it is going down until it reaches $100 for iPhone 3G or $200 for iPhone 3GS, it Bring one in tomorrow they will gi e you $49 dollars more.

    I'm totally screwed thought because in the AT&T system it says I can not get any discount. The AT&T reps on the phone said they could do nothing for me. When i called an AT&T corporate store, they looked at my account and said even though your account says you are not eligible for a discount, ever iPhone AT&T customer is eligible for either full discount or early discount and we will overide it when come and pre order. Since i want to buy it at rack shack to get the gift card,i don't want to buy it from the corporate store. arrrggg this Sucks!
    i called TWO stores and BOTH told me tomorrow pre-orders start at 10am and he said to bring my 3GS to get appraised and that goes towards the price of the new iphone when it comes in launch date on 6/24. I will be there tomorrow morning and try to do this. As long as i get 200 for it, its cool with me cus thats what i paid originally. Ill put that towards my new iphone and instead of being 399.00 it will be 199.00

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    i called TWO stores and BOTH told me tomorrow pre-orders start at 10am and he said to bring my 3GS to get appraised and that goes towards the price of the new iphone when it comes in launch date on 6/24. I will be there tomorrow morning and try to do this. As long as i get 200 for it, its cool with me cus thats what i paid originally. Ill put that towards my new iphone and instead of being 399.00 it will be 199.00
    You should go to the rat shack web site get a trade in quote and print out and bring it with you. The won't give you the full quote, but the should give you more than $200. They will give you a rat shack gift card, witch you can use for any purchase at radio shack.

    Again, the are not taking true pre orders but reservations.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    You should go to the rat shack web site get a trade in quote and print out and bring it with you. The won't give you the full quote, but the should give you more than $200. They will give you a rat shack gift card, witch you can use for any purchase at radio shack.

    Again, the are not taking true pre orders but reservations.
    i got the print out and im taking in there tomorrow morning. Both stores told me that a $50 deposit guarantees you a phone when they come in on 6/24. I dont care if they give me a card as long as they apply it to the new iphone

  8. #68
    guys, can the iphone 4 be purchased without contract once its been released?

  9. #69
    I ordered mine from AT&T. Not sure what is up with "The Shack" since their twitter says presale doesn't begin until 1pm Central and people are saying its not a guarantee to get it.

    It sounds like each store is only going to get so many and if your on the list you should get one.

    I am just going to return my 3gs and cancel that contract and use the 4g on the new contract.

  10. #70
    Just got back from bestbuy i was second inline. Good experience quick and easy also they allowed me to choose between black or white which was nice and in both 32 and 16g models. Only waited inline 30 mins before opening. I also thought it was funny because att is right down the street and they had a huge line out side and no one was at best buy at 830

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by 87vert View Post
    I ordered mine from AT&T. Not sure what is up with "The Shack" since their twitter says presale doesn't begin until 1pm Central and people are saying its not a guarantee to get it.

    It sounds like each store is only going to get so many and if your on the list you should get one.

    I am just going to return my 3gs and cancel that contract and use the 4g on the new contract.
    early termination will be 325 + what you pay for the new iphone


    will be going to radio shack on my lunch break to see if i can get on the list and get my 3GS appraised since i dont qualify for the 199.00 price. Figure i pay 399 and trade in my 3gs for 200.00 ill break even
    Last edited by BoostedEvoIX; 2010-06-15 at 05:24 PM.

  12. #72

  13. #73
    Sb how long did it take u to get in and out

  14. #74
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,474
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

    5 mins, I was in and out. There wasn't a line. The store had been open for 30 mins and I was still first to preorder

  15. #75
    I'm curious. If I goto best buy or radioshack and pre order a "white" one for launch day and they don't come in as planned, am I still entitled to a black one in it's place since I already preordered?

  16. #76
    Doubtful they will probably call u the day before or when they get there order in and if there is no white i am sure tey will set up a date for when they expect to get some in and u can come and pick it up

  17. #77
    My experience this morning was this: I went to my local Radio Shack at 7:00am. They were open and accepting "pre-orders", but all they did was put my name on a list, get the cell phone numbers I would be upgrading, get my email address, and told me they would call me later with a PIN # which I would need when picking the phone up. No deposit, no anything else. I left and got to work and realized they had never asked me which models I wanted, so I called them and told them about the oversight and they took down my request. They told me they couldn't actually enter the order until noon and would do their best to get the model I wanted. I told them I ONLY wanted 2 32GB black iPhone 4's.

    Needless to say, this process has left me less than enthused about their process. It's a reservation, not a pro-order as I was hoping.

    Is this similar to how Best Buy is doing it, or are they actually taking a deposit and inputting the order?

  18. #78
    Actually taking the deposit and inputting the order

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

    asmacumber (2010-06-15)

  20. #79
    Ok so I just got off the phone with radioshack. She asked me what color I wanted. I told her first choice was white. They said they would try and if not order me the black. She said something to the fact that there was something wrong with the white but they maybe available in very limited quanties. Don't know if that true or not. But she just took my info down and told me they would call me with a pin number and let me know when I can pick it up. So I'm guessing this is more of a reservation thing instead of a preorder. Honestly I'm to the point I really don't care if I have to wait.

  21. #80
    I called and talked to several people who have pre-ordered at BestBuy. Do you know they have a protection plan for $15/month that covers the unit for glass and water damage? It's the only plan I have heard of. I think I'm going with them! I'll agree it is a little steep, but with a glass front and back now, well worth it if you need it.
    "僕はアニメが好きです!!!"
    "一遍死んで見る" ---閻魔あい, 地獄少女

    "Humans are greedy, therefore they are human, you do well to remember that."
    "Go ahead and shoot me if you want, but... I think you'll wish you'd saved your ammunition later."

    ---Armblast, GOTT Auditor and ES Member

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •