Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Introducing iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Just sold my 3GS to a buddy so I will be getting one as soon as I can. Hopefully day 1 buy for me.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

They could have given this 100gb's a 20mp camera, made it wipe your freakin arse and still people here would have bitched about it...Amazing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Moosestache For This Useful Post:

tgabriel123 (2010-06-08)

$699 for 32GB without 2 year contract......$599 for 32GB with early contract extension...per ATT

And IMO, this phone isnt worth any of those prices. So IF u are up in contract early 2011 (before June). I'd stay with 3GS and then get the newest iphone in June 2011. Because we can pretty much guarantee it will be alot better than this POS iphone 4 that they are offering us now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    $699 for 32GB without 2 year contract......$599 for 32GB with early contract extension...per ATT

And IMO, this phone isnt worth any of those prices. So IF u are up in contract early 2011 (before June). I'd stay with 3GS and then get the newest iphone in June 2011. Because we can pretty much guarantee it will be alot better than this POS iphone 4 that they are offering us now.
    Actually the new battery life and having the A4 chip is going to be great. Completely worth it to me. None of the iPhones had cheap out of contract prices.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    3G unrestrictor will fix this. I wouldn't recommend doing this in one of the new data plans though.
    This is what im not understanding.

Can someone please explain the data pricing on the new iphone 4 and old 3GS? What is the differences?

Um ok, but you could also read all the other threads where it is discussed, but as of right now the iphones have three possible plans. 200mgb $15 a month. 2gb $25 a month, or if you currently have an iphone you can keep your existing plan for unlimited usage for $30 a month

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

People complain way too much about everything, can't please everyone though.
    As an owner of a 3G still, the $199/$299 prices are great for me. I'm looking forward to the iPhone 4 big time. Now time for me to decide to have it shipped or pick it up at the Apple store. Can anyone confirm that you'll get the phone on release day if you have it shipped?

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRBass View Post
    As an owner of a 3G still, the $199/$299 prices are great for me. I'm looking forward to the iPhone 4 big time. Now time for me to decide to have it shipped or pick it up at the Apple store. Can anyone confirm that you'll get the phone on release day if you have it shipped?
    Exactly...

I would like to know this also...

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    3G unrestrictor will fix this. I wouldn't recommend doing this in one of the new data plans though.
    Thank goodness for jailbreaking...
    Last edited by godsrainbow1984; 2010-06-08 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

Green Apple
    Thanks

Very nice. Pretty excited but will wait a few months to let all the kinks get worked out

cant wait till launch day i will be preordering this bad boy

i am more concerned about the phone carrier. i wish it will be available on Sprint or Verizon. I cant stand losing 3g service when i am taking elevator

cant wait. preordering mine the 15th. someone buy my 3gs!!!!

Moving back to an area with fantastic 3G coverage in a few months and I'm DEFINITELY getting this awesome phone!! Now, can I get a jailbreak please? Not all that hard I would imagine, it's got the same hardware as the iPad damn near. I'm so stoked, I almost quit AT&T a few weeks ago, tired of the two bars of EDGE I barely get around here, they were willing to cancel the contract without the ETF, I made another hard decision to move because of employment (for the third time, stupid economy) and almost bought an EVO 4G. Not anymore! All I need is the black 32gb, the white looks horrendous, and 3gUnrestrictor and all the other jailbreak goodness. Life is peachy! Now I can rub this in a coworkers face with his crappy Android app store. Still like alot of things about AndroidOS better though.

sorry but it won't support the band (1700) Tmobile is using. No 3g for Tmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    can't wait for quadband 3g...

finally 3g t-mobile here in the states

Quote Originally Posted by hoqts View Post
    i am more concerned about the phone carrier. i wish it will be available on Sprint or Verizon. I cant stand losing 3g service when i am taking elevator
    I can tell you right now, Sprint will not be getting the iPhone anytime soon. Their 4G network is different than what AT&T, Verizon, T-mobile will be using, which will be LTE.

Verizon will probably get the iPhone in the next couple of years, once they deploy LTE and the exclusivity runs out.

I'm keeping my 3G for tethering purposes until tethering is enabled on the iPhone 4 with an unlimited data plan. I will not be updating my account to one of the new data plans just to get tethering. That's the only reason I would jailbreak this new phone, and pretty much the only reason I'm on a jailbroken 3G. If this possible, I might not have a need to jailbreak anymore.
    Last edited by NSXrebel; 2010-06-08 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

u know what pi$$eS me off... i love going to engadgetmobile everyday and when i went there first to hear about iphone 4, ppl just bash the sh!t out of it. and if someone where to make a comment on how they are looking forward to it they call them fanboys. or they say evo FTW or android FTW and it keeps on going. i love all phones and OS. android is awesome. the evo is awesome. iphone and apple in general is awesome. why cant ppl just respect what is out and not bash ppl who like it. i know its everyones opinion. ANWAYS cant wait for this! finally gonna upgrade from my 2g =p lol. i have a touch pro 2 but looking forward to this

So let's say I get it then unlock it will t-mobile 3g work on it??

Quote Originally Posted by b.st0ne View Post
    So let's say I get it then unlock it will t-mobile 3g work on it??
    No, only EDGE will work.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRBass View Post
    People love, love, love to complain. It's a way of feeling better about their shitty decisions.

Anyway, that's exactly how it worked with the 3GS. Preorder online and have it shipped to you, and you'll have it delivered on release date. I see no point in fighting your way to an Apple store to have a careless employee putz around with your new phone. Part of the enjoyment is unboxing the fresh, new device for yourself. Why not invite the Apple employee over your house for dinner and let him take the first bite out of your taco?

PS, this site feels like it's running on a 56k modem today.

I know I read there will most likely be an unlock for 4.0 but how long till we know if the unlock will work with the iPhone 4. I have tmobile and I'd like to preorder it on the 15th in hopes there will be a jb/unlock soon after so I can use it. I guess worse case senerio I could return or resell it. Now in my situation if they do sell it unsubsidized I'm guessing ordering it online and getting it shipped would be the best option right? I mean if I buy it to pick up won't apple try to activate it for me? I mean u don't need an AT&T contract to just go in and buy one right?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast