Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Was Your AT&T Upgrade Eligibility Moved Up?

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    I got my 3GS on launch day and I was only moved up 6mo. (2/24/2011) so I am going crazy to try and find someone that will let me use their upgrade lol
    same here, i tried to convince my sis or brother to let me use their numbers to order one lol. But they all want the new iphone since they still have the 2g

I talked to a lady at apple and she said seeing how my upgrade is not until 2/12/11 I get the discounted upgrade which is 200 more than an upgrade price. However, an upgrade price is only 199.99 for the 32gb iphone she said..and new customers have to pay 299.99 for the new 32gb..I guess its better than att told me at 499.99 for the 32gb....

I just called our rep.

No commitment pricing is
    16g-$499.99
    32g-$699.99

Partial Commitment pricing is
    16g-$399.99
    32g-$499.99

Full commitment pricing with new contract
    16g-$199.99
    32g-$299.99

We have two lines on the family talk plan. One qualifies for a full upgrade and one qualifies for a partial. She did state that the full upgrade we have can be used on either line. So if the wife didn't want the phone but, I did I could use her upgrade and activate it on my #. Then when my line qualifies for a full upgrade we could use that on hers. We've got some choices to make because, I fully intended on buying two new phones.

I called at&t and they said the full upgrade price was 299.99 for the 32GB and 199.99 for the 16GB...if you are a current customer....however apple said if you are a current customer than the 32gb is only 199 and the 16gb is 149 if you are eligible for a full upgrade

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by romeoz View Post
    I called at&t and they said the full upgrade price was 299.99 for the 32GB and 199.99 for the 16GB...if you are a current customer....however apple said if you are a current customer than the 32gb is only 199 and the 16gb is 149 if you are eligible for a full upgrade
    That price is for the 3GS. At the moment.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

thats what I thuoght but two people from Apple said they are going to be the same price for the Iphone 4 and I makde sure she said Iphone 4 not 3GS. Either way we will see soon :-)

Thanks

Was supposed to be in Nov, but now I can upgrade... Sweet

for those that arent showing the upgrade yet:

either call them and ask and explain your situation and see what they say. i wouldnt start out complaining right away, i mean who wants to help a whiner? haha.

or maybe they just havent updated everyone's yet. i'm sure you'll be able to get one, dont worry!

I purchased mine july 09 and just checked at&t website and says i am good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KPSK View Post
    I purchased mine july 09 and just checked at&t website and says i am good to go.
    damn wtf! how is that possible? I got mine in june 09 and i cant upgrade til 2011. Im calling tomorrow or going to the store directly to see if they can let me upgrade

I got this message. Can someone please tell me what exactly this means?

A full discount on a standard handset or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 6/14/2011. We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer.

Does this mean I have to pay the $18 but have an upgrade? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    damn wtf! how is that possible? I got mine in june 09 and i cant upgrade til 2011. Im calling tomorrow or going to the store directly to see if they can let me upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by AChand90 View Post

A full discount on a standard handset or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 6/14/2011. We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer.

Does this mean I have to pay the $18 but have an upgrade? Any help would be appreciated.
    This means you qualify for the partial commitment pricing. See my post below.
    Quote Originally Posted by porshh951 View Post
    I just called our rep.

No commitment pricing is
    16g-$499.99
    32g-$699.99

Partial Commitment pricing is
    16g-$399.99
    32g-$499.99

Full commitment pricing with new contract
    16g-$199.99
    32g-$299.99
    Guys the reason why some of you are already eligible for a upgrade is because, its revenue driven. If your account it worth more than $99 a month then you qualify for a full upgrade in 12 months. So do the math. If you bought your phone in nov 09' then you qualify for a full upgrade nov 10' but, with this offer they are doing for anyone in 2010 you automatically can upgrade to the new iphone 4 when its released. Its really not hard to understand how this works. I upgraded from a 3G to a 3GS in nov and I'm eligible for a full upgrade as well.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

^Well my payment for my phone is a little over $150.00 a month so why didn't they let me upgrade then?

- Customer for 7 years
    - 2 lines, corporate discount
    - Average bill $115
    - Got the 2G shortly after it came out
    - Skipped 3G, got 3Gs Sept 2009
    - Full iphone discount available 5/21/2011

wtf, bs!

It says I won't be eligible until 3/10/2011. Damn I'm pissed! Is there a way to get an early eligibility?

Same here! Complete BS.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 2010-06-09 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Good luck with that. You must be on a family plan. People on family plans are screwed. Here's my story in detail:

Basically, we had a choice between a 2 line Family plan with 750 minutes (shared) for 129.99 or 2 seperate lines at 69.99 each with 450 minutes. Went with the 129.99 a month plan (which is technically fewer minutes) to save 10 bucks a month.

Now that $10 bucks a month we saved is coming back to bite us on the ***. Had we done the 69.99 a month plan, both phones would be eligible for an upgrade. Sadly, with the Family Plan only one is.

I tried to explain this to the AT&T rep but he just didn't care. He basically told me I could cancel my account if I didn't like it, but that I was never going to get the upgrade price on the second line. He refused to acknowledge the same very basic math I just outlined -- he said "Well I guess you COULD look at it that way" in a tone that implied that he felt like looking at the matter in such terms would be morally similar to kicking a puppy.

His point of view was that AT&T had done a nice thing by allowing people on the 69.99 plan a full upgrade, but just because they did a nice thing for SOME customers didn't mean they had to do it for all customers. I just don't see why Family Plan customers are automatically in the group that doesn't get any love. What have we done to anger the AT&T gods?

I'm stuck with AT&T, but I'm dumping the family plan. Learned my lesson there. While there's no gaurentee things will work out this way again next year, I'll bet they will. New iPhone 3 years in a row, and all 3 years people who purchased their iPhone at launch the year before were able to get full upgrades (except for Family Plans). It seems like a pattern that's likely to repeat -- so being on the Family Plan is going to end up costing more than it saves me.

I guess I don't have to upgrade my phone every year, but the upgrades are essentially free since the used phones sell for more than the $200 dollar price.

Quote Originally Posted by AChand90 View Post

It means that you can get the new phone for 399.99 16 gb or 499.99 32 gigbabyte (a theoretical savings of $200 dollars) with a new contract. The *full* discount is $400 instead of $200.
    Last edited by Faxmonkey; 2010-06-09 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Faxmonkey For This Useful Post:

rubberneck (2010-06-09)

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    ^Well my payment for my phone is a little over $150.00 a month so why didn't they let me upgrade then?
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    - Customer for 7 years
    - 2 lines, corporate discount
    - Average bill $115
    - Got the 2G shortly after it came out
    - Skipped 3G, got 3Gs Sept 2009
    - Full iphone discount available 5/21/2011

wtf, bs!
    My next question would be are you guys on family or group plans. Total plan cost doesn't count. We are talking single line bills over $100 a month. Atleast that's what the rep told me. My main line is $140 a month so it qualifies. My secondary line is only $70 a month so it qualifies for a partial upgrade.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to porshh951 For This Useful Post:

rubberneck (2010-06-09)

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

Sold my 3GS 32GB on Ebay last night for $300. But now I am stuck without a phone till I receive my iPhone 4 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by porshh951 View Post
    My next question would be are you guys on family or group plans. Total plan cost doesn't count. We are talking single line bills over $100 a month. Atleast that's what the rep told me. My main line is $140 a month so it qualifies. My secondary line is only $70 a month so it qualifies for a partial upgrade.
    Yep, that must be it. I am on a family plan and have the 2nd line which is only ~$50/month. The main phone (wife's blackberry is available for a full upgrade). But I will never convince her to give me her upgrade and take my 3Gs, she hates the iphone for some reason!

Okay quick question here.

I just started with at&t jan 2010 with 3gs single line. I am not eligible at the nice upgrade or new pricing for the iphone 4. Can I add a new line to my existing plan for the iphone 4, then when the phone arrives switch it to my existing unlimited data line and number and switch my 3gs onto the new line, then cancel the new line?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast