Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy Employee "Confirms" iPhone Coming to Sprint

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    Hmm, people complain about coverage with AT&T, why would apple go with Sprint over VZ? Does Apple like people complaining about the iphone and its relationships?
    Could Go to multiple carriers
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

1. We are going to be kind to each other, stop the bickering.

2. Sprint is CDMA.

3. Infractions will follow any insults after this post.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Already infracted one....

I wouldn't believe anything a best buy employee says. This does seem to good to be true. I would love to be able to use an iPhone on Sprint because they have the best plans but it probably won't happen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

like iphone going to verizon rumor?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Regardless of being true or not, Verizon is a bad choice as they cannot handle voice and data at the same time. Unless this changes Sprint has always been the best candidate. Not to mention Verizon's 3G speeds are not great. Add iPhone to Verizon network and see if their network reliability holds up.. Well, WWDC is close and soon all rumors will mean nothing..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Steve Jobs confirms iPhone HD will be offered exclusively through Boost Mobile.

Just mailed
    Steve at [email protected]
    and he confirmed that the iPhone 4g will be available at ur nearest gas station and will run only on verizon exclusive phone booths he termed it as a revolution in connectivity as the iPhone will connected to te charger at all times due to an improved battery life FYI a viatnamese told me that the screens White too

Jus kiddin don't get excited
    Last edited by Evilsaint; 2010-05-25 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares what CDMA carrier the iPhone goes to. It will just get an unlock via Cydia and will be able to get used on any CDMA carrier.

And from what I have heard "thetoothfairy" just starded a cell phone company an will exclusively be selling the new iPhone HD.

Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    Who cares what CDMA carrier the iPhone goes to. It will just get an unlock via Cydia and will be able to get used on any CDMA carrier.

And from what I have heard "thetoothfairy" just starded a cell phone company an will exclusively be selling the new iPhone HD.
    Do you know how CDMA phones work?

You can't just install some software and its unlocked. Verizon and Sprint will ONLY add their own phones. When you try to activate a Verizon CDMA Phone on Sprint, Sprint will NOT activate the ESN because its not their phone!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Sprints LTE network is so poor that you cannot consider it a network. It would be like with ATT customers: the vast majority only get Edge. The vast majority for Sprint only get CDMA. Sprint and Verizon have to move away from CDMA.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    Do you know how CDMA phones work?

You can't just install some software and its unlocked. Verizon and Sprint will ONLY add their own phones. When you try to activate a Verizon CDMA Phone on Sprint, Sprint will NOT activate the ESN because its not their phone!
    This sounds like a good rationale for Sprint NOT getting the iPhone...

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    I don't kno...with the HTC evo kicking in...I doubt this is true
    thats exactly why apple would want to.
    its their only chance of competition, with sprint being the only network with 4G.
    Its about time that apple makes a 4G phone and with all these basically confirmed rumors going around about video chatting, i dont think it will be so smooth on a 3G network.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Why make a 4G capable phone without a 4G network?the U.S. is so far behind in technology due to it's sheer size. You can't just slap up 3 towers here and cover a whole country.

In all reality I would prefer that all carriers have the iPhone so we can have choices. Although I don't think it's true that Sprint will be getting the iPhone.... At least not now.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone shocked that it was Messaney that reported this one?

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anybody at all champion Sprint?

Default IPhone and Sprint
    Today 7/24/2010 I was at the sprint store in King Of Prussia Pa. My wife was complaining about her blackberry curve to the manager, she said she is ready to terminate sprint and switch to ATT for the iphone, suddenly the manager tells her to wait till November for the IPhone 4g coming to sprint. He said a corporate office bulletin was officially sent out!

So yes, the word is spreading fast now! He also said Verizon is getting it as well.

Yet another store manager willing to lie to retain customers.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I couldn't agree with you more, Confucious... I grow weary with these stories of lowly peons that try to garner attention by supposedly having information that they're not even entitled to.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast