Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 266

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: PwnTunes

  1. #61
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tyler Texas
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    This app is amazing! I like how you can work-around iTunes now. This app works flawlessly and it's so easy to use.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by cadsii View Post
    seriously i though we all jailbroke to get FREE apps and get away from all this PAID BS, now your going to swap itunes for pwntunes pay 13 dollars, which is crazy considering games like real racing are 9.99$ and take 10 times as long to develop.....

    sorry but i didnt jailbreak my phone to PAY more money for something i can do for free already, and this is for xp users, they might buy it they are not as smart as the mac users on here.... maybe your itunes runs like crap cause your running windows, i run it on my mac and i have no delays or waiting
    Great point!!! I really cant stand when people say "Well, you spent $400 or more on an iPhone/Pod/Pad and you cant buy a little $10 app?!? Stop being cheap!!" Really!?!?!? What ever happened to doing things or not doing things strictly off of GP (General Principle). Of course we can buy the app, but if we pay $13 for this app, then the 'next big app all jailbreakers need' will cost $26, then $52, etc. Especially when we have a free program that can do what this one does. And frankly, if importing music/pics/files are that important, just get a cheap flash drive. But to each his own i guess!!
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

  3. #63
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tyler Texas
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    People complaining about $13 just remind me of how many kids post here.
    I agree 100%. That is seriously about what I pay everyday for lunch..I mean quit griping about a measly $13 lol.

  4. #64
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    The thing that gets me is when he said, "the latest in what is sure to become yet another staple app of jailbreakers everywhere."

    I doubt that VERY much, considering this app/ mod is USD $10. Maybe there's a Senator's son out there that can afford such a "luxury" app, but the common jailbreaker will just keep using iTunes. You know, the FREE iTunes...
    Have you ever used iRealSMS? SpiritofLogic may have higher prices for his apps than most, but he also has much higher quality apps and by far the best customer interaction I've ever seen on any of the apps. They are regularily pushing out updates and tweeking the app to meet the customers requests. They've got a messageboard dedicated to the app that is filled with good information (unlike most app specific boards that have 3 or 4 threads and only 7 or 8 trolls). I can guarantee you will be getting your money's worth when you purchase his apps. What iRealSMS started out as and what it is now are worlds apart. I can only imagine what he will do with this app once he spends more time on it and gains a good amount of customer feedback. I have a feeling he'll, in time, incorporate a wireless feature to this as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Great point!!! I really cant stand when people say "Well, you spent $400 or more on an iPhone/Pod/Pad and you cant buy a little $10 app?!? Stop being cheap!!" Really!?!?!? What ever happened to doing things or not doing things strictly off of GP (General Principle). Of course we can buy the app, but if we pay $13 for this app, then the 'next big app all jailbreakers need' will cost $26, then $52, etc. Especially when we have a free program that can do what this one does. And frankly, if importing music/pics/files are that important, just get a cheap flash drive. But to each his own i guess!!
    I think you have missed the reason behind jailbreaking. It's all about giving the person freedom over their own phone (or ipod). One of the main reasons I jailbroke my phone was so I would be able to add great features like this to it if I so desire. Features like these would only be pipedreams if we had to have Apple approve an app such as this (or hell, even their QuickReply SMS). Jailbreaking was never created to get stuff for free (those who do are flat out cheap, plain and simple); it was about getting stuff that a restrictive company wanted to keep from their customers.

    Your ending is just moronic Just get a cheap flash drive? How much do those cost these days? Oh, about the same (and in many cases more) than this app. Throw in the fact that you've got essentially up to a 14-30 gb flash drive there for $13 compared to the usual 4gb or 8gb drives you can find these days for that price and your logic is flat out wrong.
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-05-20 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Plug in? How about a WMA plugin that works like a video frameserver? Video frameservers allow a video editing program to edit an unsupported format by creating a 0 or 1KB file that appears to be an uncompressed AVI while an interim program serves the decoded frames. Something similar could allow the iPhone to support WMA and subscription music (well, after decrypting the Janus-protected WMA files).
    What the hell are you talking about and how is that relevant? Quit hijacking.
    What do you think I'm talking about? The OP (you) described the way that it interfaces with the iPhone's music player app [sic - it's the "iPod app"] is as a "plugin." If this can integrate that way, it could be used to allow it to support more previously-unsupported formats exactly the way I described.

    What better program to integrate such support into than this, the very one that gives you the ability to copy files on without iTunes (iTunes certainly isn't going to sync unsupported files), especially with people complaining about the price (it would certainly give it more value).

    This isn't thread-jacking. There is no better place to discuss this idea. Apple will never allow subscription music on their own. PwnTunes would be an awesome way to add it. Even if there is no way to write a Janus-compliant WMA player, people can still run FairUse4WM on a virtual machine and use the subscription libraries that way (strip them of DRM; playback the unprotected WMA files).
    Last edited by CZroe; 2010-05-20 at 05:16 PM.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    What do you think I'mn talking about? The OP (you) described the way that it interfaces with the iPhone's music player app [sic - it's the "iPod app"] is as a "plugin." If this can integrate that way, it could be used to allow it to support more previously-unsupported formats exactly the way I described.
    Look, I did misunderstand you a bit the first time, but besides that - this will never happen.

    1. It's stupid. You're telling me I'm going to use my iPhone's CPU (and more importantly battery) to actively convert WMA into MP3 in realtime, just so I can avoid having to convert a WMA to an MP3 on computer? Get real.

    2. If you're talking about WMA's you obtained via a subscription service, it's illegal. Good luck cracking Janus AND pissing off the subscription company. I'm sure they and M$ will let that one slide if you do, on an Apple product no less.

    3. Noone uses WMA's except for streaming anyway, cuz they suck and MS never should have created their own format. If you have them laying around, convert them. End of story.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

  7. #67
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bradford, ENGLAND
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts

    I bet over 99 percent of people who have jailbroken there iphones download all there apps for free. Why would anyone bother to register a credit card with appstore and waste money on apps they can get for free from elsewhere.
    Its not been cheap its been smart. I think pwntunes is a great app but i wont be paying for it i will just wait for someone to crack it. As long as theres people out there willing to crack apps there will be people like me getting them for free. Hope this hasnt offended anyone. If it has then tough.
    Last edited by dazzer1983; 2010-05-20 at 05:22 PM.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1983 View Post
    I bet over 99 percent of people who have jailbroken there iphones download all there apps for free. Why would anyone bother to register a credit card with appstore and waste money on apps they can get for free from ********.
    Its not been cheap its been smart. I think pwntunes is a great app but i wont be paying for it i will just wait for someone to crack it. As long as theres people out there willing to crack apps there will be people like me getting them for free. Hope this hasnt offended anyone. If it has then tough.
    Yes, and leechers like you have a negative impact on our entire community, discouraging would-be developers (like me) from creating great apps like the one we're discussing. If it weren't for cheapskates like you who "can't afford" to reward a a developer with lunch for something he's spent hours upon hours working on, we'd have apps like this one released far more often. Without developer support, you'll have nothing to crack, nub.

    For the rest of you who are actually excited about this, I just had some chats with SpiritOfLogic, and I have something you'll be even more excited about coming up soon
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 2010-05-20 at 05:24 PM.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

  9. #69
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bradford, ENGLAND
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts

    Ok tell us what then ?

    If it's rewarding you want then add a donation button
    : p
    Last edited by dazzer1983; 2010-05-20 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post

    I think you have missed the reason behind jailbreaking. It's all about giving the person freedom over their own phone (or ipod). One of the main reasons I jailbroke my phone was so I would be able to add great features like this to it if I so desire. Features like these would only be pipedreams if we had to have Apple approve an app such as this (or hell, even their QuickReply SMS). Jailbreaking was never created to get stuff for free (those who do are flat out cheap, plain and simple); it was about getting stuff that a restrictive company wanted to keep from their customers.

    Your ending is just moronic Just get a cheap flash drive? How much do those cost these days? Oh, about the same (and in many cases more) than this app. Throw in the fact that you've got essentially up to a 14-30 gb flash drive there for $13 compared to the usual 4gb or 8gb drives you can find these days for that price and your logic is flat out wrong.
    First off, you hardly speak for the entire jailbreaking community. Your reasons for jailbreaking may be different than the next persons. Secondly, your flat wrong about jailbreaking never being created to get stuff for free. Before the Cydia store and Rock, all the jailbroken apps were free. It was not until Apple started declining a great deal of useful apps to their store that the cydia store was created then Rock. And furthermore, compare the number of free apps to the number of paid apps on cydia. And you may be correct about the flash drive. But if you could grasp the whole picture, my point was that this app is not worth the money unless you plan on plugging your phone in every random PC you see just to transfer a couple of music albums and pictures.

    Bottom line, this app may be useful to some but if others dont like/need it then so be it. It is morons like you that will blindly follow the crowd just because they say so. I am a grown *** man who can afford this app 10 fold, but I dont fall for everything proclaimed to be "the next must have jailbreaking app".
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 2010-05-20 at 05:43 PM.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

  11. #71
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts

    Sounds promising....if it was less expensive.

  12. #72
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1983 View Post
    I bet over 99 percent of people who have jailbroken there iphones download all there apps for free. Why would anyone bother to register a credit card with appstore and waste money on apps they can get for free from elsewhere.
    Its not been cheap its been smart. I think pwntunes is a great app but i wont be paying for it i will just wait for someone to crack it. As long as theres people out there willing to crack apps there will be people like me getting them for free. Hope this hasnt offended anyone. If it has then tough.
    Over 99% eh? Doubtful. It's not being smart, it's bein a low level cheap bastard and a thief. It's not like you're having to steal for your basic survival. An iPhone is a luxury item and if you can't afford the costs that come with an item like it then maybe you should think about switching to boost mobile or metro pcs since money seems to be so short. You are a *****, plain and simple.

  13. #73
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bradford, ENGLAND
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts

    Call me what you like your probably just upset because you have wasted your money on an app you can live without.

  14. #74
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    First off, you hardly speak for the entire jailbreaking community. Your reasons for jailbreaking may be different than the next persons. Secondly, your flat wrong about jailbreaking never being created to get stuff for free. Before the Cydia store and Rock, all the jailbroken apps were free. It was not until Apple started declining a great deal of useful apps to their store that the cydia store was created then Rock. And furthermore, compare the number of free apps to the number of paid apps on cydia. And you may be correct about the flash drive. But if you could grasp the whole picture, my point was that this app is not worth the money unless you plan on plugging your phone in every random PC you see just to transfer a couple of music albums and pictures.

    Bottom line, this app may be useful to some but if others dont like/need it then so be it. It is morons like you that will blindly follow the crowd just because they say so. I am a grown *** man who can afford this app 10 fold, but I dont fall for everything proclaimed to be "the next must have jailbreaking app".
    • Because of there not being a way to charge for their apps in the beginning does not mean jailbreaking was created in order to get stuff for free. And wow, to imagine that developers would eventually want to be reimbursed for their numerous hours of hard work. How dare them!


    • Free apps vs paid apps in Cydia, what does that prove? Theres a ton more free apps than paid apps in the Appstore so what's your point there? Go look at the free apps in Cydia, just like in the AppStore, there are a few great free apps but the overwhelming majority is pure trash.


    • I may be correct about the flash drive? How is there even any speculation there? That part is just plain true.


    • Blindly follow? Please read my previous post about Spirit's other big app, iRealSMS, and you will see that I am not blindly following anyone. Rather, I am basing it upon prior experiences with said Developer


    • You're a grown *** man, congratulations. Next step: develop rational thought.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1983 View Post
    Call me what you like your probably just upset because you have wasted your money on an app you can live without.
    I don't know how old you are, but I seriously despise people like you.

    Do you know why apple has such a problem with jailbreaking? They don't care that we turn our volume buttons into play\pause\skip buttons, they don't care that we theme our music players and icons, hell, apple probably doesn't care that we use our iPhones are HD's through WinSCP and other manners.

    What they do care about, is the people that took the perfectly good community, and ruined it through piracy. I pay for my songs, I pay for my apps, the reason that consoles get locked down, and good things get ruined is because pirates turn a perfectly healthy community devoted to adding tweaks and little things such as PwnTunes to give our iPods the full functionality we really want.

    Now you're going to try saying "what about free trials? Why can't we crack apps for that?" N64iphone has a free option to allow people to see if the framerate and the overall product is something that they want to pay for. The reason that other emulators cost money now when they used to not is because it is a PRODUCT that a developer worked hard to make and it is something that people truly want on their iPod.

    I donated to Comex when he bannerbombed my wii, and I donated to Comex when he Spirited my iPhone. Why? Because he worked his *** off to do what he did. I bought COD:Zombies for my iPhone because I enjoy the game. Am I well aware that I could have gotten it for free? Yes, I am. But that's exactly why apple hates our community, because pirates ruin everything. Music, applications, paid software on PC's\Mac's.

    I hope your *** gets fined until you're flat broke.

  16. #76
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bradford, ENGLAND
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts

    Don't hate the player. Hate the game. Oy oy ma heartie

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    • Because of there not being a way to charge for their apps in the beginning does not mean jailbreaking was created in order to get stuff for free. And wow, to imagine that developers would eventually want to be reimbursed for their numerous hours of hard work. How dare them!


    • Free apps vs paid apps in Cydia, what does that prove? Theres a ton more free apps than paid apps in the Appstore so what's your point there? Go look at the free apps in Cydia, just like in the AppStore, there are a few great free apps but the overwhelming majority is pure trash.


    • I may be correct about the flash drive? How is there even any speculation there? That part is just plain true.


    • Blindly follow? Please read my previous post about Spirit's other big app, iRealSMS, and you will see that I am not blindly following anyone. Rather, I am basing it upon prior experiences with said Developer


    • You're a grown *** man, congratulations. Next step: develop rational thought.
    What a moron!!!!

    1)Ever heard of a donation button linked to PayPal? I guess your small narrow mind cant understand that maybe someone decided to develop apps out of pure pleasure or just to show off their skills (Did Geohot charge people for BlackRa1n or PurpleRa1n?????)

    2)Most of the free apps on the App Store are lite versions made to intice people to buy the full app. How many lite apps are on Cydia???

    3)You can buy a 8GB flash drive for $15 right now at best buy or online. So again, is this really needed for a few songs/pictures? I bet most would rather have a very small drive that can be carried anywhere instead of needing their phone and a cord to connect to a computer. Most people only transfer a few files, not their entire iTunes library.

    4)If you decided to get this app just because it is proclaimed to be the next big thing all jailbreakers need, then you are a sheep following the rest of the flock!! And for the record I have iRealSMS and MiWI, so it's not like I dont buy apps from the same developer you got yours from. But to standby this app without even having it and trashing others opinions on said subject is sad on your behalf. And since my this comment really was not meant for you, sit down young one and be quite.
    5) And since I am a grown man, and you appear to be a kid/tween, respect your elders little one!!
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 2010-05-20 at 08:29 PM.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

  18. #78
    Retired Moderator z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,697
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    Next insults will result in infractions , please people let's try and keep things civil....

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Next insults will result in infractions , please people let's try and keep things civil....
    Such as......

    Funny how after I respond to this person's initial comments that you say infractions are coming with the next insult. Where was this at initially???

    Edit: On second thought, it doesnt even matter!!
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 2010-05-20 at 08:38 PM.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

  20. #80
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    What a moron!!!!

    1)Ever heard of a donation button linked to PayPal? I guess your small narrow mind cant understand that maybe someone decided to develop apps out of pure pleasure or just to show off their skills (Did Geohot charge people for BlackRa1n or PurpleRa1n?????)

    2)Most of the free apps on the App Store are lite versions made to intice people to buy the full app. How many lite apps are on Cydia???

    3)You can buy a 8GB flash drive for $15 right now at best buy or online. So again, is this really needed for a few songs/pictures?

    4)If you decided to get this app just because it is proclaimed to be the next big thing all jailbreakers need, then you are a sheep following the rest of the flock!! And for the record I have iRealSMS and MiWI, so it's not like I dont buy apps from the same developer you got yours from. But to standby this app without even having it and trashing others opinions on said subject is sad on your behalf. And since my this comment really was not meant for you, sit down young one and be quite.
    5) And since I am a grown man, and you appear to be a kid/tween, respect your elders little one!!
    Donation does not guarantee payment. Whether one dev wants to do something for free has no credence on whether another dev should charge for it.

    Most free Appstore apps are not lite versions of anything.

    I'm still lost on what you're trying to prove with the flash drive thing. It wouldn't be only for pics and music. It'd be like any other flash drive.

    You sure are stuck on this age thing. Age has for a long time proven nothing at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Such as......

    Funny how after I respond to this person's initial comments that you say infractions are coming with the next insult. Where was this at initially???

    Edit: On second thought, it doesnt even matter!!
    I have a feeling he was directing that towards myself and the other poster regarding our comments on the guy promoting app piracy.
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-05-20 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •