Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 90

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 960x640 Screen, 512MB RAM in iPhone HD?

  1. #61
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    Isn't there a rumor going around about how people's contract renew and upgrades are getting bumped to the 4G release date?
    yes. My contract is renewing about 2 months earlier than it should. 6/20/10 is the date mine says

  2. #62
    verizon....

  3. #63
    I'm trying to figure out why people are arguing about the HD portion of a made up iPhone name. I have not read one post of apple stating anything about iPhone HD only people speculating on a possible iPhone HD because it's higher res and HD recording.

    Come on people

  4. #64
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 26 Times in 9 Posts

    Doesnt really matter, more than 80% of the people on this forum are going to buy this new phone. Apple doesn't care, they put a new phone out every year with minimal changes knowing that it is going to sell (changes that match or are better than what is currently on the market). But unfortunately untill they see a decrease in their pocket book then we'll see more dramatic changes to the phone. This is not going to happen anytime soon.

  5. #65
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    D-town Tejas
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

    I REALLY doubt that half of this new info is true..... However, I REALLY hope that all of it is!!!

  6. #66
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA + Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    653
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 128 Times in 87 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    I REALLY doubt that half of this new info is true..... However, I REALLY hope that all of it is!!!
    We all hope. But 512 RAM is BS. Double the RAM of the iPad but the same SoC with RAM embedded on chip = WTF! 960x640 screen is also BS. Pixel density this high exists in labs, not current consumer products, nor will it by June. There goes half the rumors out the door. On the up side: 256 RAM is more than enough given the services method of backgrounding apps employed by OS-4.0. And though the resolution of the screen is unlikely to change, battery performance will improve and the screen is gaining some cool improvements (resolution isn't the only that matters).

  7. #67
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    D-town Tejas
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

    Look "politicalslug" I tried to be as neautral as possible. If you wanna spend your time arguing with others behind closed doors.... Find someone else who's talking numbers.

    I personally have better things to do!!!

  8. #68
    we can call it the iPhone 'almost' HD,, or the iPhone HR (High Resolution),,, but definitely with those specs the screen is not even close to HD... either way is just a waist of time and money putting a 720p screen in such little space... is not even worthy

  9. #69
    hmm didnt the last prototype have iPad specs? An A4 and 256mb? that seems more believable to mee. Im really hoping im wrong!

  10. #70
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    Whatever. For me HD is HD and again if Apple wants to be lame they will call it "HD" which I doubt and like some1 said it is only speculations. Meybe they will just call it 3G[s]-II :P like for example Sennheiser headphones model PX100 (old model) and new model PX100-II :P ... since there is no 4G network YET.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    I just hope the increase battery capacity is enough to offset to power this is gonna suck up.
    just be careful when charging your phone, dont overcharge it or it will be crap no matter what phone it be in.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    We all hope. But 512 RAM is BS. Double the RAM of the iPad but the same SoC with RAM embedded on chip = WTF! 960x640 screen is also BS. Pixel density this high exists in labs, not current consumer products, nor will it by June. There goes half the rumors out the door. On the up side: 256 RAM is more than enough given the services method of backgrounding apps employed by OS-4.0. And though the resolution of the screen is unlikely to change, battery performance will improve and the screen is gaining some cool improvements (resolution isn't the only that matters).
    I'm pretty sure the next iPhone is gonna have a resolution bump. Gizmodo said that when they saw the "connect to itunes" it seemed to have much better resolution. On the current iPhone, if you have good eyes you can see individual pixels.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

  13. #73
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,584
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    We all hope. But 512 RAM is BS. Double the RAM of the iPad but the same SoC with RAM embedded on chip = WTF! 960x640 screen is also BS. Pixel density this high exists in labs, not current consumer products, nor will it by June. There goes half the rumors out the door. On the up side: 256 RAM is more than enough given the services method of backgrounding apps employed by OS-4.0. And though the resolution of the screen is unlikely to change, battery performance will improve and the screen is gaining some cool improvements (resolution isn't the only that matters).
    I so hope you're wrong because your just assuming and you don't work for Apple.
    Other phones have 512MB ram and so can the iPhone 4th gen and you don't know the internals of the iPhone 4th gen so you can't say it's "BS"
    .

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  14. #74
    I'm ready for my upgrade. Been saving it for this.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by aperry View Post
    Since when is 960X480 considered "HD"?
    HD literally means "high definition" (hurr derp durr), and no matter what kind of lawyer you might be, you can't deny that 960x480 is higher definition than the previous iPhones.

  16. #76
    The only thing more sad than the fact that this whole thread is nothing but whining back and forth about what HD 'really is' ......is the fact that I read every single post
    Last edited by vampr; 2010-05-18 at 05:28 PM. Reason: prevent anal retentive scrutiny of my diction


    I'm your Huckleberry!

  17. #77
    Livin the iPhone Life tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    1,004
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts

    I want one of those iPhone. That's a huge screen.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    I want one of those iPhone. That's a huge screen.
    Actually, the screen itself is a bit smaller. The pixels are smaller to make the display much sharper, which is why they can fit 960x640 pixels in it.

    Sorry to disappoint, I'm all for the huge screens, too.

  19. #79
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts

    Is there really enough evidence to trade up from a 3gs on old bootrom. Seems that the information right now doesn't do it for me over old trusty.

  20. #80
    i dont think that this will be the next iphone screen size cause apple didnt changed the last 2 iphone gen. design so i think that apple wont exceed the breakin' down..

    about the RAM i dont know what to say.

    cant wait.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •