Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi Sync finally hits iPhone...on Cydia

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

I read it.... :S
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

GREAT WORK, Only $9.99 and it's well worth more...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So does or does not work with iPad? I don't want to go through 9 pages ....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhesser View Post
    ....You are the reason the dev has to charge $10. If he said $5 you'd say it should be $2, if he said $2, you'd say it should be free....
    Haha .... but true!

8-10 weeks for a Windows version (Uggg).

And for those worried about speed, I frequently use rsync/ssh to both a Mac and XP via WiFi for additional backups (they have proved more valuable than iTunes ). The very 1st backup (10+GB) takes 2+ hours (2+ hours on USB too), but sequential backups are about a minute, maybe less

Thanks

How n the world is 9.99 an issue? U guys with AT&T paying upwards of $100/month for dropped calls and some of u guys paid above retail for the iPhone so what's $10 for a one time brilliant app?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Works great on the iPhone... but I have no idea how to get this on my iPad

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

For iPad.. Purchase on your iPhone first. Next.. open Cydia on your iPad and choose ANY Cydia store package.. click purchase... choose whichever method you use to sign in (Google or Amazon). After you've signed in hit cancel.. then go to WiFiSync and it should now have an "Install" button at the top instead of a "recheck" button.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

tsatryan (2010-05-14)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Warning.

A warning about pirated copies of Wi-Fi Sync: the app contains a variety of time delayed anti-piracy measures. Steal at your own risk; make sure your iTunes library is backed up. Legit paying customers are not affected by these measures.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2010-05-14 at 09:50 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    For iPad.. Purchase on your iPhone first. Next.. open Cydia on your iPad and choose ANY Cydia store package.. click purchase... choose whichever method you use to sign in (Google or Amazon). After you've signed in hit cancel.. then go to WiFiSync and it should now have an "Install" button at the top instead of a "recheck" button.
    that worked perfectly. Thanks.

8-10 weeks for windows!? WTF! i was gonna pick this up but screw it now for waiting that long. ill keep my cable handy rofl

Quote Originally Posted by jlowry View Post
    Warning.
    Good for him for taking measures against pirates because Apple/Cydia aren't going to do anything about it.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Ok, I just bought this app, it works on my iPhone 3GS, but can not get it to work with my iPad, did a search on cydia can't even find it on my iPad. The sync from my iPhone to my Mac is really slow, will keep playing with it and report.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    $10 doesn't bother me, and since my Mac is down the hall it would be great, but the Application consistently crashes on my G5 1.8DP running OS X 10.5.8. Bug report sent. I hope they can make it work for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

The DRM wipes your phone and all iTunes backups Nice!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sweet!! So you lose all your info AND all hopes of getting it back in most cases. Way to stick it to the pirates

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Sweet!! So you lose all your info AND all hopes of getting it back in most cases. Way to stick it to the pirates
    lawl

19. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (2010-05-17)

better be a bluff or 110% foolproof because the first legit user that gets hit by this will be screaming bloody murder. no only will it harm this developer/apps reputation but damage Cydia as well. apple apps can't wipe your iPhone or library. I bought the app and the developer has a right to protect against piracy, but not at the cost of legit users. makes me have second thoughts about my purchase now.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    How n the world is 9.99 an issue? U guys with AT&T paying upwards of $100/month for dropped calls and some of u guys paid above retail for the iPhone so what's $10 for a one time brilliant app?
    It's not spending $10 that is the issue (at least not for me), it's not worth $10 to me. Don't confuse that with me saying it's worth $10...it is. It's just that I have no issue with getting off my ***, and syncing via USB once, or twice a month. I would rather spend that money on another charger (you can never have too many of those), or MyWi, or any number of apps that are more useful to me. The bottom line is it's a matter of value to each individual, and for this individual, the advantage is not worth $10 for me. If it is a higher value to you, then I am happy for you.

And for the record...just because you have an iphone, or are with AT&T doesn't mean that you have money to burn.

I emailed Greg and it is absolutely not true that there is any sort of self-destruction "feature" in his software. don't know who started that rumor but it is completely false. he will be making some sort of statement himself as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi all, I'm the developer of this app. I wanted to clear up the piracy issue so there's no confusion.

I made the mistake of implying, wrongly, that the app could potentially cause damage to your iTunes library if pirated. That isn't true and the app contains no code which could do anything like that. Clearly to do so would be absolutely wrong and I wouldn't put any legit customer at risk. I suggested that pirates should keep a backup of their data to deter them, but of course I realise now that it was a mistake to do so and I apologise unreservedly to anyone who took it seriously.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flukes1 For This Useful Post:

ro0oney (2010-05-17), scottjl (2010-05-15)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast