Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi Sync finally hits iPhone...on Cydia

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing how many copies of this were sold... @ $9.99 a pop, he didn't do too bad compared to some of the more polished apps which sell for far less (AutoSilent for $3, iFile for $4, just to name a few).
    Even outrageously expensive apps (MyWi @$20!) can be justified by how they can save you money (no need for an iPad with 3G, and I'm my own hotspot). But the more I think about this app, the more I feel like I've been ripped off.

UPDATE: I've just downloaded and tried it again on my iPhone 4 and it does seem to sync faster so I think the performance is also a function of CPU speed (iPhone 4 is faster than 3GS) but it usually took a few uses before I started noticing flakiness. I'll see if things work better over time... On a related note, how do you like that free file hosting service he's using: if that doesn't make you feel like you are downloading some kind of malware, I don't know what does.
    Ok, so after 8 days of use on iPhone 4 4.0.1/iPad WiFi 3.2.1/iTunes 9.2.1 (Mac), I can say that you still want to check 'Disable Device Backups' because it can take a looooong time to backup a 64GB iPad over 802.11n (but I'd recommend re-enabling at least once a week and cabling in to do a backup to catch whatever OTA misses); you may get periodic hangs which require an iTunes restart; you may get delays which require 'waiting until iTunes notices your iPhone is wirelessly plugged in'; I can sync my iPhone and iPad at the same time, wirelessly.

So, it's still nice not to be be required to go into the backroom where my MBP is to sync. I'm considering iScheduler to automate the wifi-sync in the AM and PM so it all 'just works.'

Quote Originally Posted by eliascgr View Post
    This app suck... and support is totally nonexistent.
    It worked for a couple of syncs and after that it started to mess with my WiFi connection on my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with 4.0.1
    After uninstalling WiFi came back to normal and had to uninstall Mac app as well.
    Sent an e-mail to the developer and no response has arrived. It's been well over a month.
    Buyers, be ware:
    NO Support
    MAY create problems with WiFi
    NO refunds possible.
    I just got robbed... guess there's a reason Apple's so picky with which apps they allow into the AppStore.
    I can agree with the sentiment and most of your comments. It's currently working in a stable fashion for me, so I'm not going to ask for a refund, but I can completely understand your feelings as I went through that just before I upgraded from a 3GS to a 4. The developer appears to have vanished. The least he should do is put out the word that he's off the grid or something and that the product is essentially on hold, or not currently supported. But I think he's still taking the money and not looking back.

It worked fine for me (iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPhone 4) to a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.x and iTunes 9.2.x... a little slow but definitely convenient. I liked being able to dock my iPad and let it sync overnight by my bedside, even though my computer is elsewhere in the house.

That said, it's annoying that I had to completely uninstall WiFiSync before being able to update the iPhone OS. Not that I do this often (as a jailbreaker, it's a bit more detailed of a process) but that there is NO MENTION of this requirement anywhere on the WiFiSync pages. I wasn't trying to update wirelessly, mind you, I was trying to do it via USB. And it flat out wouldn't work with WiFiSync installed. Once I uninstalled WiFiSync, it worked immediately. It was very frustrating, and given how nerve-wracking updates can already be, it left a bad taste in my mouth that WiFiSync didn't even provide some kind of warning about this on it's FAQ.

Alas, such is life in jailbreak land.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, deleting my backups (after copying them to a safe place of course) and then resetting my sync history appears to have it working again, for now. We shall see. Am quite disappointed to be finding so many complaints about this after I downloaded but as previous user said "Alas, such is life in jailbreak land".

Quote Originally Posted by Suevans View Post
    Well, deleting my backups (after copying them to a safe place of course) and then resetting my sync history appears to have it working again, for now. We shall see. Am quite disappointed to be finding so many complaints about this after I downloaded but as previous user said "Alas, such is life in jailbreak land".
    I'm sorry but it's not acceptable to have no support for app like this. The author raised the pricein JB land and puts out a broke app for windows users and then states version 2.0 will not be windows compatible till who knows when and there is no way to get a refund.
    This sucks, not lifeending even but basically I just gave him $10 for no reason and no evidence I will ever be able to use the app again.

When value is app that cant backup my iphone on a sync and tries to reinstall all my apps on every sync? WTF?

I want my money back untill he can make an app that works

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, no support but still working for the moment.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suevans View Post
    Well, no support but still working for the moment.
    What version of iTunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    great app, been using it for a week now and it works perfectly. I just had to disable device backup cause it was taking too long but thats my fault..too much crap on my phone
    mod edit/links removed

This is a great app and apple are so stupid to turn this down. It is just as quick as syncing with the cable and with logmein I don't have to touch my pc ( in my bedroom) anymore.

anyone knows if this works with itunes 10.01 (not 10.1) and ios 4.1? I heard its only for ios 4.01/02

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

^ Doubtful. The dev seems to have completely disappeared afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    anyone knows if this works with itunes 10.01 (not 10.1) and ios 4.1? I heard its only for ios 4.01/02
    Idk I think I had it installed on my 4.1 but never used it and had to restore rejailbreak so I left it off, someone go test it

it worked on iTunes 10.0.1 for me with 4.0.1 iPhone 3G and 3GS for sure

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow that is pretty cool I'll have to wait for the windows release of the software altho I think $10 is a bit much for something like this I think 3-4 would be reasonable.

This is not mine just something i found

If you want something even better go get Phone Disk, it mounts your iDevice as a drive onto your computer, Mac and Windows

allows for Easier Faster SSH, just connect your iDevice to your computer, straight Root access

ITS FREE TILL DECEMBER
    http://www.macroplant.com/phonedisk/

Can't upload a pic, dang iPhone app lol

Plead thank me on site if ive helped you out

Does Wifi sync work on iPod touch 4 gen running 4.1 ? I installed on my iPod but get the message ( unrecognized device ) anyone have wifi sync working on their iPod touch 4 gen

Doesn't work on Win7 64-bit iTunes 10.1, iP4 4.1 OS.

iTunes hangs at transferring an app purchased on iphone to the itunes library.

Jeebus ******* Christ, I can't believe I just wasted 10$ for nothing!

Grrrr.... FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Seriously, it's impossible to get a refund?? No support for iOS4 and I have to learn this on a modmyi thread? How is this app still allowed in Cydia???????

Thanks

Chill out bro theres a new version going to be released
    his page says
    Coming in December

* Sync your iPhone over Wi-Fi, 3G, EDGE and/or VPN
    * Major stability and speed improvements
    * Native support for iPad & iPod touch 4G
    * Direct integration with iTunes
    Last edited by g0sbv; 2010-11-29 at 06:10 PM.

This month ends the day after tomorrow, I sincerely doubt we will see an update by then.

I hve posted before on how crappy his support is and the fact it does not work properly on windows7, I have tweeted him as well. nothing.
    He should be blackballed

Thanks

was still editing my post lol..December

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep. Doesn't work on Vista either. No trial version means you have to take a gamble on that $10 - and lose.

Let's class action lawsuit this fucker.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 2011-02-04 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast