Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 151

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Planetbeing: Android OS Now Running on the iPhone 3G

  1. #121
    If I follow the same instructions for 3g using my ipod touch is there a possibility it will work? I have an extra 1st gen ipod touch that I never use and Id be willing to try this out as long as it doesnt permanately screw it up (meaning a restore wont fix it)

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by lv_vl View Post
    No, I am not saying who is better here. This is just to show you how narrow minded and apple-focused you are. According to you, when Apple is suing someone, it is a big deal and it means somebody has stolen technology from Apple and it is bad. But when somebody is suing Apple for using/stealing their technology/innovations, it means nothing to you.

    No need to spend any more time commenting your posts.

    Lol its funny how you did not read my post at all, as me clearly saying "this lawsuit is completely general among several other phones" how can you have a license on such a common thing, even if you made it your style.

    -Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

  3. #123
    Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble understanding him?
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

  4. #124
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble understanding him?
    That's half of the reason I stopped debating it with him. Way too much time was being spent trying to decypher his posts and what he was trying to quote each time. Combine that with his grammatical skills, which seem to be on par with your average teeny bopper, and I decided I would rather just punch myself in the groin and save a lot of wasted time.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    One who complains about one's writing style should know that one should NEVER use the word AND to start a sentence.
    That is not true. Although many "experts" shun the idea of starting a sentence with a conjunction such as and or but, it's a widely used and accepted part of writing.
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-05-08 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #125
    What's Jailbreak? Dman45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I feel like much time and effort is being wasted by arguing back and forth
    In the end there will be people who use and enjoy the Android OS and some wont use it or like it at all. Its like ice cream flavors, both vanilla and chocolate are yummy but sometimes one flavor hits the spot more.
    I only say this cause Im eating ice cream

  6. #126
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    1) Did you just say being sued by Apple does not mean anything? Oh right, being sued for ripping another persons designs/data/ absolutely means nothing, and later defending the ripped off device. Right, your right, LOL.

    2) Chart, is completely fair as for that point, both old OS's. What did the original iPhone OS look like when it FIRST came out beta or what ever you want to call it? The GUI and everything was almost exactly the same. iPhone OS - Wins.

    3) As you bash with me with your "ohh old OS," I can bash you with Droid coming out months and months after the iPhone 3Gs. What did the Droid do? Look at iPhone design, and make it better. Even though OS is ****. If you think Droid did nothing to copy, look at your own chart. Funniest point I have to make here is

    - Same Dimensions of the phone , = LMFAO. Other touch screen phones are not all same sizes, umm?

    - Added keyboard, lmao. Although not even needed, what the hell is point of touch screen, if you are using keyboard to text?

    - Same exact accelerometer sensors

    - Says your using a "Blackra1ned iPhone 3GS 16gb" on your Modmyi device. -LOL.

    4) "added" multitasking - although doesn't use API's. And "DOES" waste battery, and freezes and is totally buggy. My statement comes here
    Code:
    http://theroosterstrikes.wordpress.com/2010/02/25/droid-does/
    Don't even try to tell me that droid can handle multitasking, because that is a complete joke.
    "Droid does (bad):

    Multi-tasking/simultaneous app services. Sure it’s nice running Pandora and not have it completely shut down if a call/SMS/email comes through (ahem, iPhone), but the Droid does not handle running multiple apps well. It runs too many, chugs along, freezes up, and then randomly reboots. "

    There are thousands of the same complaints , look it up. It made me laugh quite hard.

    5) Added a higher megapixel camera, just to make the overall phone look better. + Camera is a failure, horrible autofocus, which iPhone does perfectly. Look at the camera pictures taken from an iPhone and a Droid
    Code:
    http://dailymobile.se/2009/11/05/camera-duel-iphone-3gs-3mp-vs-motorola-droid-5mp-camera-samples/
    "Droid is known for a shitty camera, no matter if it is 5MP"
    See statement below about Apple not caring about specs.

    6) Quote:
    Code:
    "I certainly hope the iPhone would be ahead in such a comparison or else there'd be no point in releasing a phone that's already behind it's competition right out of the gate."
    Thats why its the best selling smartphone in the whole world. Right. Did the droid sell as much in the first week, or the first month as the iPhone did? No. Look here

    Code:
    http://obamapacman.com/2010/02/nexus-one-sales-fail-comparing-iphone-droid-n1-first-month-demand/
    iPhone has BEST features, it has EVERYthing you need in a small package in their OWN design, their OWN OS, their OWN original software. Look at droid,nexus,evo, they all survive on the fact that iPhone comes out, they look at iPhone's design and think their phone can become the next "iphone/ipod killer." Which in fact is impossible, since every iPhone release, leaves every other phone in the dust. Look at the iPad, everyone said it fails, yet it sold 2x more than iPhone did first month, and every other competitor is no where else to be seen.

    Quote:
    Code:
    "that's already behind it's competition right out of the gate"
    Don't make me laugh, since all the competition is a rip off version of the iPhone. Oh, and one more thing, iPhone has been the first and only best smart phone ever released before any of these other **** phones that have started coming out, what do you mean its already behind?

    7) Quote:
    Code:
    "Did you just try and google for the worst android photo that you could find? Here's some shots of the Droids screen, I don't see how you can complain about it's quality."
    Quality? Still looks like any other app design in any other phone. Default, and crappy. What iPhone did was have their OWN unique design. I don't even know how you can stand looking at those icons and say it looks fine. It looks like any Windows phone hahahha.

    8) Quote:
    Code:
    "Your mentioning of jailbreaking coming into play as supporting your argument is rather pointless. There is no need to jailbreak something that is not locked up and restricted by it's programmers in the first place."
    -I laughed at this even harder. Only reason you HAVE or WANT to jailbreak is to get FREE APPS. Understand? That is the #1 reason why people "JAILBREAK." Other reasons is to either customize or enhance the phones performance. By enhance, I mean kill the phone in a long term use.
    -Why do you think Apple does not allow jailbreaking? If jailbreaking only consisted of the feature of getting free apps, long term use of the phone would be fine, but using apps which clear ram/memory while using your phone or itouch, kills its later on.
    - What do you mean "no need to jailbreak something which is locked up and restricted?" What is exactly restricted? Apple is the only one restricting applications which use too much of the iPhone or itouchs memory/ram, and which pose a battery or a overall threat to the iDevice you are using. Thats why cydia was made, to still let users get the applications they want, to either customize, get free apps, or enhancing the phone.
    - But I still think the life of the device you are using, matters on the person. I've had a jailbroken itouch and iphone for almost 1.5 years + and nothing has gone wrong.

    Notice:
    If you havn't noticed Apple "DOES NOT CARE" about hardware specs, they increase their specs when they want to, and even stated by Steve Jobs himself. If they wanted a 8MP camera, they would have already had it in the iPhone 3GS

    -On your chart it has 2 things wrong, iPhone DOES have multitasking in new OS, "WHICH IS ALREADY OUT" as a beta, so its not technically anything "planned for the future" if you can already use pretty much every feature in the OS. And its multitasking is the best.

    - I laugh at the fact that it says the google navigation is better than MobileMe. Its laughable. Apparently they don't know how easy and accurate MobileMe is, ohwell.

    9) Quote:
    Code:
    "You seem to have no clue what you are talking about, and even less of a clue as to how and defend it. You find old and outdated data to try and prove your point and then go on to find a crappy photo of a lower grade phone thats running android. Keep trying to find information that supports your view and I'll be more than glad to point out the giant holes in all of it once more. Until then go back to your justin beiber blogs or whatever you children do these days."
    LOL. I have no clue what I am talking about? Giant holes? I just proved pretty much EVERYTHING you said was wrong, = (your giant holes), and outdated data, no clue how to defend. You sir, need to get a clue.
    You obviously don't have any idea what iPhone is capable of. And don't realize that the phones you are defending at ripped off. I could have understand if droid came out before the iPhone and was original, but coming out after the latest iphone 3Gs (4G not out yet so) and taking or "attempting" to make all the hardware specs better and adding a keyboard. Such a joke. I don't even know how many times i've said "ripped off" in this thread, but apparently no one gets the meaning of that phrase. I know I am right, the world knows Im right, the stocks say Im right, 4 out of 1 people say Im right, but you say Im wrong. Umm.
    Thats like saying every one uses a zune or something LOLLLLL. Every one the whole world pretty much uses an iPod. Its like the most common word that goes around, like using google as a search engine "I google it."

    Why the hell would the iPod or iPhone be so popular if it has crappy specs, crappy OS? You make no sense what so ever. I am done arguing.
    Note: Your little joke about justin beiber, was quite irrelevant. Not to mention he's a horrible music artist who does not even know what a "German" is -
    Code:
    http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/185499/justin-bieber-ridiculed-for-german-mistake/

    STFU Fanboy nobody cares about your long *** posts. And where did you find that crappy picture of the Android OS? That was hella old obviously! As somebody posted a pic that smoked checked urs by a long run. Anyways. Get a life. Cuz we dont care.

    PS. I love my iphone 3gs. And have had an iphone 2g as well and i am still interested in Android.

    My buddy has an HTC Hero and he can go right to his appstore and get most of the apps that i can get through Cydia and Rock. Like PDAnet he did not have to Jailbreak to get a tethering program, or CallerIDfaker all this **** is already in there.

    I would install android on my 3gs if it becomes possible!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

    MetallicaFan1991 (2010-05-09)

  8. #127
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    I can't wait for the 3gs version

  9. #128
    ^ +1
    I hate these f**ing apple fan boys that have to come up with a reason why everything non apple must completely suck and ignore the fact that there are so many things wrong with apple.
    Why would someone like this even come to a website for modding iphones that is clearly against any forms of piracy and say that all jailbreaking is good for is piracy. In case he didnt realize MMi and every non pirate jailbreak forum is extremely successful and has huge communities of people who are against any form of piracy. I bet apple hired this joke to try and go against putting android on an iphone.
    Dual booting on an iphone was one of the most anticapated and most wanted projects for years. And if this kid is such an f**ing fanboy why doesnt he look at apples most successful and most promoted ads- running windows on a mac!!
    Its obvious that androids OS is inferior in many ways to iphone OS but as soon as someone spends a lot of time making this possible foe the jailbreak community some pussy fanboy has to go and bash all of his hardwork.
    Note this is a DUALBOOT so you can run both iphone OS AND android os. Its not like youll be only running android OS so you can easily switch between the two giving you the best of both pieces of software.
    Lastly concerning the hardware HTC and almost all android devices are WAY ahead of apple with the new incredible rocking an 8 mp camera and the evo rolling out hd video this summer. Not to mention that since the nexus one the latest phones have been TWICE as fast as the iphone with the 1ghz processor and 512mb of ram compared to 512ghz processor and 256mb ram in the 3gs. And the resolution is also double the iphone. Just because you can take a picture on an android while shaking the phone and compare it to a picture taken 10 times with a mounted iphone doesnt mean the quality is any worse.

  10. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Oh ok, you want facts.

    Here is main "fact"
    Code:
    http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/17/2009/07/androidviphone30-table04.png
    1) Why is HTC being sued by Apple, did you read? Because of hardware specs.
    Now the OS? LOL "APP STORE" ???
    GUI components? (Widgets, wallpapers = Nexus+)
    LOL?? Hence "Rip OFF."

    "offer similar products for fear of being labeled as rip-offs? "
    ^- I laughed so hard at that, "lawsuittt - By Apple."

    2) iPhone OS looks beautiful, compared to that primitive android OS. Every other phone has the same crappy set up, please tell me what is point of Android? I mean look at the OS, its laughable. It's almost like they made the whole GUI in paint. Here is a huge LOL picture of what I mean


    My point exactly. All of HTC + OS is laughable.
    Comparing the Android OS to Apples iPhone OS is like comparing a Nintendo 64 with a PS3.






    Biased, and ignorant? Im using facts, look what Android has compared to iPhone OS. iPhone OS wins, 10 to 1. Plain and simple, look over the features of the iPhone OS please. Oh, jailbreak coming into play aswell? Free apps? Omg.




    1) Look at iPhone OS 4. For your notification system and backgrounding.

    2) You ask me if I have ever used a HTC product, I have owned one, just to see what is the hype, made me almost throwup looking at it, and sold it. And two, I have a question for you. Do you know how to use your electronics? Lmfao




    "Or how about apple copied palm because palm has had touch screens for a long time."

    Lol, your comparing palm to Apple, thats a huge joke, since Pre was released as a second rip off of the overall iPhone.

    "I dont believe you have ever even tried using an Android phone. I'm not saying that ones better than the other but the Android OS is definitely just as good as the Iphone OS. "

    1) I have used one, so so shitty. If I wanted a crappy GUI/default GUI/same icons and features I would have bought ANY touchscreen samsung phone LOL.

    2) Android OS just as good as iPhone OS? LMFAO!!!!
    Here you go buddy,
    Code:
    http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/17/2009/07/androidviphone30-table04.png
    That is old iPhone OS, look at iPhone os 4, best OS out there.
    Just as good,lol, can you get amazing free apps by jailbreaking? Or can you get a OS which can background applications without losing battery power? [OS 4] Can you customize your OS like winterboard can? Can you pick from over 200,000 original apps [Not rip off apps from the Android store?]
    I don't think so, reevaluate what you have just said.





    Lol, Im not even going to waste time on your post, its so clear you don't even know what your saying. Proof of that i'm going to let this guys quote own you



    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    But Like I said before, I am just stating facts and comparing normal products to superior products. I mean no disrespect.
    Furthermore, you guys really don't know much about iPhone OS. Funniest part you are on a site which mainly supports Apple and their products!
    Fist off apple isnt going to win a court case against HTC since its not against any laws for a company to creat software for multible platforms. Or wait what if palm sued apple for copying the intergration of a HD into a mobile phone (remember the palm life drive?)check out that phone and the iphone WOW so close in comparison and features.

    Second if apple did win the court case M$ would be able to sue and win in court against apple since 90% of the apps that runs on iphones have apps that do the same thing on WM.

    Thirdly, apple cant sue any mobile device company over how they distribute there apps as logic and known mistakes by M$ on how they tried to deliver apps to its end users make a strong case of having people goto one place to look for software that they can use on there devices. Apple at the present has more apps then android but that gap is closeing fast plus android has the ability to intergrate all of the google apps that could push anroid past apple.

    Saying what OS is better really is a choice on one hand you can say that android is better cause not only can you multitask (from day one) you can also run flash and the other apps that the Iphone cant run. Also the argument can be made that you can develope on the android OS easier as you get the complete source code to the OS. On the other hand you can say that apple OS is better cause it has more out of the box support for music, video, and other entertainment options then apple.

    Fact is the ability to dual boot is going to make the Iphone a ton better then what it is now.Now you know what would be killer? the ability to intergrate a BES (blackberry enterprise server)on the iphone. Now just need to deal with the AT&T and the horrible network they have.

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble understanding him?
    -Not my fault you cannot understand basic english and facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    That's half of the reason I stopped debating it with him. Way too much time was being spent trying to decypher his posts and what he was trying to quote each time. Combine that with his grammatical skills, which seem to be on par with your average teeny bopper, and I decided I would rather just punch myself in the groin and save a lot of wasted time.



    That is not true. Although many "experts" shun the idea of starting a sentence with a conjunction such as and or but, it's a widely used and accepted part of writing.
    - Not my fault you cannot understand basic english and facts.
    - Sorry I am not part of the online grammar police. I don't give 2 shits if I type something wrong or type too fast to oversee something I wrote incorrectly. I care if I am in school or at work.
    - You say "That's half of the reason I stopped debating it with him."
    Thats why every time some one else is debating with me, you stalk the thread and just back up some irrelevant backup comment even after you say "I have quite trying."
    You sir need to get a clue.


    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    STFU Fanboy nobody cares about your long *** posts. And where did you find that crappy picture of the Android OS? That was hella old obviously! As somebody posted a pic that smoked checked urs by a long run. Anyways. Get a life. Cuz we dont care.

    PS. I love my iphone 3gs. And have had an iphone 2g as well and i am still interested in Android.

    My buddy has an HTC Hero and he can go right to his appstore and get most of the apps that i can get through Cydia and Rock. Like PDAnet he did not have to Jailbreak to get a tethering program, or CallerIDfaker all this **** is already in there.

    I would install android on my 3gs if it becomes possible!
    "My buddy has an HTC Hero and he can go right to his appstore and get most of the apps that i can get through Cydia and Rock. Like PDAnet he did not have to Jailbreak to get a tethering program, or CallerIDfaker all this **** is already in there. "
    - Lol what a joke.
    - If you didn't care, you wouldn't bother responding.


    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    ^ +1
    I hate these f**ing apple fan boys that have to come up with a reason why everything non apple must completely suck and ignore the fact that there are so many things wrong with apple.
    Why would someone like this even come to a website for modding iphones that is clearly against any forms of piracy and say that all jailbreaking is good for is piracy. In case he didnt realize MMi and every non pirate jailbreak forum is extremely successful and has huge communities of people who are against any form of piracy. I bet apple hired this joke to try and go against putting android on an iphone.
    Dual booting on an iphone was one of the most anticapated and most wanted projects for years. And if this kid is such an f**ing fanboy why doesnt he look at apples most successful and most promoted ads- running windows on a mac!!
    Its obvious that androids OS is inferior in many ways to iphone OS but as soon as someone spends a lot of time making this possible foe the jailbreak community some pussy fanboy has to go and bash all of his hardwork.
    Note this is a DUALBOOT so you can run both iphone OS AND android os. Its not like youll be only running android OS so you can easily switch between the two giving you the best of both pieces of software.
    Lastly concerning the hardware HTC and almost all android devices are WAY ahead of apple with the new incredible rocking an 8 mp camera and the evo rolling out hd video this summer. Not to mention that since the nexus one the latest phones have been TWICE as fast as the iphone with the 1ghz processor and 512mb of ram compared to 512ghz processor and 256mb ram in the 3gs. And the resolution is also double the iphone. Just because you can take a picture on an android while shaking the phone and compare it to a picture taken 10 times with a mounted iphone doesnt mean the quality is any worse.
    "Suck and ignore the fact that there are so many things wrong with apple."
    -You sir don't know anything about Apple, lets leave it at that. Ever realized they don't allow such apps which ruin the performance of their iDevice? Think about it for 2 sec.

    "Why would someone like this even come to a website for modding iphones that is clearly against any forms of piracy and say that all jailbreaking is good for is piracy."
    -Again, you don't know squat.
    -I am willing to bet $100 right now, that 98% of this forum has their iDevice jailbroken and have cracked apps.

    "I bet apple hired this joke to try and go against putting android on an iphone."
    -Ugh, you don't even know anything about Apple and or their devices, and if I try to make sense out of you people, you go nuts. It's quite amazing. Try reading the facts I've stated around 20 times ok?

    "Dual booting on an iphone was one of the most anticapated and most wanted projects for years. And if this kid is such an f**ing fanboy why doesnt he look at apples most successful and most promoted ads- running windows on a mac!!"
    -Best part is not only that putting Android on a iPhone is buggy,laggy, and overall not even worth doing, is that the ads which you are talking about are 95% of the time, in fact true about windows.


    "Its obvious that androids OS is inferior in many ways to iphone OS but as soon as someone spends a lot of time making this possible foe the jailbreak community some pussy fanboy has to go and bash all of his hardwork."
    - No **** its inferior that was the whole point I am making.
    - Um, where does being a "pu44y" come into play? [Its funny, if I get in trouble for "insulting" some one else, you probably won't]
    - "Bash all of his hardwork." All I said was there is NO POINT. I never said anything about his work. "Good job" achieving this feat, but its useless.

    "Note this is a DUALBOOT so you can run both iphone OS AND android os. Its not like youll be only running android OS so you can easily switch between the two giving you the best of both pieces of software."
    - Note that the the Android dualboot is buggy as well, not to mention laggy and totally ugly and not worth doing.

    "Lastly concerning the hardware HTC and almost all android devices are WAY ahead of apple with the new incredible rocking an 8 mp camera and the evo rolling out hd video this summer. Not to mention that since the nexus one the latest phones have been TWICE as fast as the iphone with the 1ghz processor and 512mb of ram compared to 512ghz processor and 256mb ram in the 3gs. And the resolution is also double the iphone. Just because you can take a picture on an android while shaking the phone and compare it to a picture taken 10 times with a mounted iphone doesnt mean the quality is any worse."
    - You are a idiot.
    - Apple clearly has said they don't care about specs, which I've repeated in my threads which you were ignorant in not even reading and just again making false accusations without knowing anything about what the other person stated.
    - "Twice" as fast? Wow, now I know that you are a nut. Go look on all of google, go check the blogs go check the sales. Its HORRIBLE. Its sales are HORRIBLE. Its a RIPOFF. Hence its company is being SUED.
    - "Omg" 1 GHz Snapdragon processor, WHICH I wrote about in my post earlier and stated, it cannot even render 3d models better than the iphone. How idiotic. Hardware doesn't matter if the software is ****. Remember that.

    "shaking the phone and compare it to a picture taken 10 times with a mounted iphone doesnt mean the quality is any worse"
    - Im sorry but you are SO dumb. The resolution is ****, the so called 5MP or 8MP camera, does not even have better focus than the iPhone, and the whole point of a higher megapixel camera is to have better resolution pictures/better quality. Which the nexus/droid/evo will NEVER have. God, I have to repeat these things 39393 times.
    - Android "p4ssy" fanboy.
    - Understand this ok? Better hardware = should end up with better results, which android or any of the HTC phones are not capable of doing. LOL. What a fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by icreepin View Post
    Fist off apple isnt going to win a court case against HTC since its not against any laws for a company to creat software for multible platforms. Or wait what if palm sued apple for copying the intergration of a HD into a mobile phone (remember the palm life drive?)check out that phone and the iphone WOW so close in comparison and features.

    Second if apple did win the court case M$ would be able to sue and win in court against apple since 90% of the apps that runs on iphones have apps that do the same thing on WM.

    Thirdly, apple cant sue any mobile device company over how they distribute there apps as logic and known mistakes by M$ on how they tried to deliver apps to its end users make a strong case of having people goto one place to look for software that they can use on there devices. Apple at the present has more apps then android but that gap is closeing fast plus android has the ability to intergrate all of the google apps that could push anroid past apple.

    Saying what OS is better really is a choice on one hand you can say that android is better cause not only can you multitask (from day one) you can also run flash and the other apps that the Iphone cant run. Also the argument can be made that you can develope on the android OS easier as you get the complete source code to the OS. On the other hand you can say that apple OS is better cause it has more out of the box support for music, video, and other entertainment options then apple.

    Fact is the ability to dual boot is going to make the Iphone a ton better then what it is now.Now you know what would be killer? the ability to intergrate a BES (blackberry enterprise server)on the iphone. Now just need to deal with the AT&T and the horrible network they have.
    "Fist off apple isnt going to win a court case against HTC since its not against any laws for a company to creat software for multible platforms. Or wait what if palm sued apple for copying the intergration of a HD into a mobile phone (remember the palm life drive?)check out that phone and the iphone WOW so close in comparison and features."
    - Isn't going to win? Apparently did not look at the **** load of patent infringements. So why bother posting here if you don't know anything about what the lawsuit is all about?
    - Your really going to get palm into this? Really? They made palm pixi/pre whole ripoff of the iPhone, "WebOS" remember that? Remember how the pre looks and does almost exactly like the iPhone?

    "Second if apple did win the court case M$ would be able to sue and win in court against apple since 90% of the apps that runs on iphones have apps that do the same thing on WM."
    - LOL WM.


    "Thirdly, apple cant sue any mobile device company over how they distribute there apps as logic and known mistakes by M$ on how they tried to deliver apps to its end users make a strong case of having people goto one place to look for software that they can use on there devices. Apple at the present has more apps then android but that gap is closeing fast plus android has the ability to intergrate all of the google apps that could push anroid past apple."
    -You knows whats funny? A store comes out for apps for the Android to compete with iTunes app store. [Cough Rip off] Its funnier how they specifically copy apps and try to make their store larger. Why not something else? But apps, its like they want us to know they are ripping off of Apple.


    "Saying what OS is better really is a choice on one hand you can say that android is better cause not only can you multitask (from day one) you can also run flash and the other apps that the Iphone cant run. Also the argument can be made that you can develope on the android OS easier as you get the complete source code to the OS. On the other hand you can say that apple OS is better cause it has more out of the box support for music, video, and other entertainment options then apple."

    - Oh you mean the OS that was just made to be better than the iPhone OS. Yea. Thats why they added the features iPhone OS didn't have and you people think thats amazing. LOL. Any one can copy off some one else and make it better. But you know what's funnier? All across the internet people have trouble with multitasking on Android, its buggy, slow, and restarts the whole OS time to time. Go ahead read one of my earlier posts, I even linked to a major blog which explained everything.
    More out of the box? Right, thats why Apple is the leader in music handhelds. iTunes ring a bell? All the best features one would need in a manager? Right. Out of the box lol.


    "Fact is the ability to dual boot is going to make the Iphone a ton better then what it is now.Now you know what would be killer? the ability to intergrate a BES (blackberry enterprise server)on the iphone. Now just need to deal with the AT&T and the horrible network they have."
    - Its not going to make anything better since its buggy/laggy and not even worth installing. Just look at the comments of the users who have done so.



    Its funny, the people whom I am debating with call me a Apple fanboy, but in fact they are Android fanboys. Very ironic indeed.

    -Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

  12. #131
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Sakyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gatineau, QC, Canada
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts

    @eZStaR Its funny you keep trying to make us think dualbooting any device with unsupported software is buggy as hell.

    Explain your dualbooting Mac OS on a pc (like your sig states), it as to be useless cause its buggy and all right?

    Go buy a Macbook if you like Mac OS that much, no point in dualbooting Mac os on PC if it's not supported and buggy and laggy.

    So here's an idea, stop hijacking this thread which is about Android on 3G , and go blog about your hatred of this project elsewhere. We are here to comment about this project not bash it so go elsewhere to do your bashing.

  13. #132
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,584
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Lmao @ eZStar, as some other person said, no one wants to read your long a*s posts.
    Plus as Nexus One is better than your iPod Touch any day. Nexus One is a pretty sweet phone to be honest and Android is growing rapidly. Android is not a copy of the iPhone, it's icons are similar to Nokia layouts and the black/orange UI is known for being on Samsung phones. The points you make are wrong in so many ways.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  14. #133
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    This Thread is going into the wrong direction. If i was on my computer and not this iPhone 3GS that is way better then a Motorola Razor ( LOL ) I would just close this thread. Ill leave it up to another Mod to do what they think should be done, as for me, this thread has become useless arguing. No offense to the guys on here that post positive and informant subjects.

  15. #134
    Should we give him an A for trying so hard?

    Or an A for being an assclown? Haven't decided yet.

    @ PaganiZonda, you're right, but look at the guy's post I was responding to. For him to criticize anyone's writing is just plain 8==) of him.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

  16. #135
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Fair enough cpirkley

    @ezstar - I think you misunderstood icreepin. His reference to the iPhone having better music/media support out of the box is a GOOD thing. Sigh.

  17. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakyr View Post
    @eZStaR Its funny you keep trying to make us think dualbooting any device with unsupported software is buggy as hell.

    Explain your dualbooting Mac OS on a pc (like your sig states), it as to be useless cause its buggy and all right?

    Go buy a Macbook if you like Mac OS that much, no point in dualbooting Mac os on PC if it's not supported and buggy and laggy.

    So here's an idea, stop hijacking this thread which is about Android on 3G , and go blog about your hatred of this project elsewhere. We are here to comment about this project not bash it so go elsewhere to do your bashing.
    - Right, because computers don't have better specs or anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Lmao @ eZStar, as some other person said, no one wants to read your long a*s posts.
    Plus as Nexus One is better than your iPod Touch any day. Nexus One is a pretty sweet phone to be honest and Android is growing rapidly. Android is not a copy of the iPhone, it's icons are similar to Nokia layouts and the black/orange UI is known for being on Samsung phones. The points you make are wrong in so many ways.
    - Its long because of the quotes you tard.
    - Nexus is the worst phone out there. Sales say that. Get a clue.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    Should we give him an A for trying so hard?

    Or an A for being an assclown? Haven't decided yet.

    @ PaganiZonda, you're right, but look at the guy's post I was responding to. For him to criticize anyone's writing is just plain 8==) of him.
    - Im sorry because you don't understand facts, and just follow what every one else are following without them knowing the difference between a superior product and a shitty one.
    Last edited by eZStaR; 2010-05-09 at 03:55 AM.

    -Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

  18. #137
    ^you just dont give up do ya.
    I like how you quoted everyone elses response but skipped over mine.
    I like how you say that the nexus is bad because of the sales. In case you didnt notice the nexus one is only for T-mobile not your beloved shitty At&t or Verizon.
    Also I like how you argue that your hackintosh is better than dualbooting on the iphone because"it has better specs" lol what a joke! If you want OS X so bad why would you put it on some shitty pc because any pc out there for less than a macs specs dont even compare and if you spent more on a hackintoshed pc than a mac ur just an idiot because macs are clearler higher speced and superior in every aspect. And being a hackintosher yourself your the last person I would expect to be bashing hacking and dualbooting on any system and by acting like a suck up apple fanboy your clearly being a hypocrit

    by skip over I mean that you just took a piece of my whole quote out of context and dont actually respond to the whole thing
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-05-09 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #138
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,584
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    ^Nexus One is available only a couple of countries and it has had no advertising so sales will be low.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  20. #139
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Also the argument can be made that you can develope on the android OS easier as you get the complete source code to the OS. On the other hand you can say that apple OS is better cause it has more out of the box support for music, video, and other entertainment options then apple.
    Simple reading comprehension shows that he was blatantly saying apple (iPhone os) has better music/media support out of the box and had a typos saying apple at the very end instead of android like he meant to.

    Your rebuttal?

  21. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    ^you just dont give up do ya.
    I like how you quoted everyone elses response but skipped over mine.
    I like how you say that the nexus is bad because of the sales. In case you didnt notice the nexus one is only for T-mobile not your beloved shitty At&t or Verizon.
    Also I like how you argue that your hackintosh is better than dualbooting on the iphone because"it has better specs" lol what a joke! If you want OS X so bad why would you put it on some shitty pc because any pc out there for less than a macs specs dont even compare and if you spent more on a hackintoshed pc than a mac ur just an idiot because macs are clearler higher speced and superior in every aspect. And being a hackintosher yourself your the last person I would expect to be bashing hacking and dualbooting on any system and by acting like a suck up apple fanboy your clearly being a hypocrit

    by skip over I mean that you just took a piece of my whole quote out of context and dont actually respond to the whole thing
    - I don't give up to stupidity and false accusations of others. Sorry.

    - Beloved? AT&T blows. Version blows for making the consumer pay so much.

    - Nexus has a huge hardware problem or did you not hear? How about researching into what you say.

    "Also I like how you argue that your hackintosh is better than dualbooting on the iphone because"it has better specs" lol what a joke! If you want OS X so bad why would you put it on some shitty pc because any pc out there for less than a macs specs dont even compare and if you spent more on a hackintoshed pc than a mac ur just an idiot because macs are clearler higher speced and superior in every aspect. And being a hackintosher yourself your the last person I would expect to be bashing hacking and dualbooting on any system and by acting like a suck up apple fanboy your clearly being a hypocrit"
    - You are an idiot.
    I don't know what your trying to argue here, but clearly is stupid. I will explain anyway.

    * Does a iPhone have 4 GB ram?
    * Does a iPhone have 300 GB hard drive?
    * Does a iPhone have 2.80 GHz?
    No you tard.
    Thats like saying trying to put a hackintosh on a PC with less specs but you CANT, because it WONT work, because you need a certain amount of RAM,GHZ. Same concept here. The iPhone does not have enough memory/ram to be working with both.
    Now dual booting, sure it makes everything a "BIT" slow, because the more OS's you install, the slow the hard drive gets. And since the iPhone does not have enough ram/memory it cannot handle another OS with little hard drive space and ram. Thats why its so laggy. For PC's its completely different. Because they can handle due to large hard disk space and ram, and due to various circumstances you cannot just install any OS on just any PC.
    Thats why I said, PCs are same as mobile devices.
    Learn suckup Android fanboy.


    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    ^Nexus One is available only a couple of countries and it has had no advertising so sales will be low.
    - Or maybe that no one likes it? Maybe due to a huge hardware problem? Maybe because iPhone is better in every way?
    Try looking up the comparisons between the 2 devices. Please.
    1 GHz Snapdragon my ***, it cannot even do a better 3D render than the iPhone despite its hard processor. It offers you nothing but default crap like every other phone. = AKA ANDROID. I don't know what you people are trying to argue here. Android is inferior in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

    -Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •