Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: planetbeing Boots Android on iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Maybe had a reason, I can't confirm the link cause of the network I am on (no clicky links outside of domains I know). But I am not the one of checked it and cleaned it.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-04-23 at 05:49 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Ya me too. I'm on my phone so all I saw was the reason

i can confirm (if it means anything) that it is a tutorial. a very good one! hopefully the 3G version will come out soon so i can use this tut to install it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm almost finished I extracted all the bins files ..... and got stuck with this:

add all the firmware files to

/lib/firmware in android.img.gz (it's a compressed ext2 image)

/etc/firmware in system.img (it's an uncompressed ext2 image)
    I've tried several methods on an iPhone, a Mac, and my WinXP system. How do I 'add' the 4 bin files? I can't find a way to access the contents of these .img files. Everything I've tried fails
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-04-23 at 06:01 AM.

Why is it whenever someone asks for help with something, people come in and say if you can't understand it, don't try. It's obviously a fairly complicated process. What's wrong with someone explaining it in a more simple way for everyone?
    h

I'm stuck at when I try to type ./loadibec openiboot.img3 it says I dont have permission to access the device and that it isn't in recovery mode... when it is

got everything working...but at the end when i rebooted my iphone it just stayed off...I cant even turn it back on again...battery was at 100% too..I tried everything...anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77 View Post
    Why is it whenever someone asks for help with something, people come in and say if you can't understand it, don't try. It's obviously a fairly complicated process. What's wrong with someone explaining it in a more simple way for everyone?
    Because this is not aimed at 'everyone'.
    simple(r) instructions are at Installing Android - The iPhone Wiki
    But please don't come crying when your phone is brick. This should only be tried by people with a good knowledge of linux and who have a 2G that they don't mind using for testing.
    Last edited by confucious; 2010-04-23 at 09:18 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

apparently this must be done from a linux OS. which I don't have

Quote Originally Posted by izbitu View Post
    apparently this must be done from a linux OS. which I don't have
    ever heard of virtual PC or wmvare?

Quote Originally Posted by loop4444 View Post
    ever heard of virtual PC or wmvare?
    Says right in the instructions, no virtual machines.

Anyway, this looks like fun! Anyone have it working yet?

The guide I am reading says he did it from a virtual machine

got it working , but i don't know how to load music onto it as it says no SD card :S

Dude, waht are u doing differently from me? WHen I try to load the openiboot onto the iphone it says I don't write access and that my phone isn't in Recovery mode

If u are using a virtual machine u need to shut down iTunes on ur pc or mac than when u select the iPhone from the devices on the vm it will allow it. I was getting the same error.

Itunes is closed on my host PC, in fact, the only programs open are my browser and the VM.. I also checked processes and iTunes isn't running even in the background

Success!! and for an "Alpha" it works extremely well.

Anybody got the screen to sleep? and I can connect to my wifi but can't go online. Not sure if it's the WPA2 but I'll play with it a bit more.

ppl no way to get android marked onto this build ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

omg... what a genious

If anyone has had success using OS X to do everything, I'd love to hear about it.

It's a PITA having to use Linux to do this.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast