Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: planetbeing Boots Android on iPhone

well its cool but i wouldnt want it. i dont like the android if thats what it looks like. im not flaming at all i just like the iphone OS better lol

Did you read the update to his Blog? I did quote it earlier.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Any iPod touch compatability

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I'm moving this back to the front page - the other story wasn't a story, it was a link.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You must not have been around during the original iphone jailbreak and unlocking days.
    My thoughts exactly...I remember the first jailbreak for the original iphone launch took me a good day to accomplish. Jailbreaking didn't get easy until pwntool...and by the way things are going this will easily turn into a 5 step process via cydia downloads and SSH...just need to tweak it out.

Quote Originally Posted by aj8600 View Post
    2g ipod or iphone?

i thought the dev team guy used a 1G iphone in his video
    There never was a 2G or 1G.....they just called it the 2G because it was before the 3G.

The guy is using the pre-3G model if that helps...lol
    Last edited by giancarlo; 2010-04-22 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is the thread that used to be here gone? I miss that thread.

It had 8 pages and people were slowly figuring out how to actually install this.

So who knows how to modify these ext2 files on OS X?

I don't want to have to resort to getting a Linux distro running.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    I'm moving this back to the front page - the other story wasn't a story, it was a link.
    the other thread was a story, before our staff got overly excited, started merging things that shouldn't have been merged and lost the original which has since been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I am dropping this on the 3GS if they can get it working. Makes me wish I had my 1st gen to play around with
    I kept mine when i got my 3g. i just use my 2g to do all the stuff that im scared to do on my primary device. And i intended to do the same with my 3g when I get the Iphone 4.0.. :-)

will it be released for ipod touch 2g=)

Banned
    Thanks

I'm really wanting to try this, especially since it's only a matter opf time before Flash will be on Android. I have the files and the readme file, but I'm lost...lol

I have a first gen iphone, unlocked and jailbroken. I read thru the instructions last night and I was like...ummmmmm...ok..lol

~Nerd

The way I see it, even if I had a 2G I probably wouldn't risk installing it until more hackers and developers take a look at the code, port newer versions of Android, fix stability, and package it up in a nice little installer.

Don't get your hopes up on Flash. This is Android 1.5. Flash is going to require 2.1 or higher.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You must not have been around during the original iphone jailbreak and unlocking days.
    4 hours later......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Success.Is.Sweet View Post
    Don't get your hopes up on Flash. This is Android 1.5. Flash is going to require 2.1 or higher.
    Only v1.5? I guess that's cool as proof of concept but iirc Android didn't even have multi-touch until 2.1 so this wouldn't be much fun. Here's to hoping that 2.1 gets ported to the 3GS by next year. I may have an Android phone by then though.
    Last edited by crashspeeder; 2010-04-22 at 09:59 PM.

I followed everything to a T. Im happy to report that i am now a proud owner of a sexy apple branded android device. Overall the phone itself feels fast. No delays whatsoever. I havent tried installing any apps from the market yet but i will soon. Ill try the google maps nav and google voice.

My next mod is going to be rmeoving the apple logo and putting a small android on the back

8 pages and we have only gennove confirmed working?!
    Well gennove I guess you're obligated to share the directions in a clearer format than planetbeing could manage.

does it work on the ipod touch 2g....anyone....

If you need it explained clearer you really shouldn't try!
    If people know what they are doing and need help then you are welcome in IRC - but if you don't understand, please don't try it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast