Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 197

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: "Barroom iPhone" Disassembled: Looks Legit

  1. #121
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I thought of that too! But you'd be very very stupid to keep this phone, much less show it off, if it was the real thing. The legal ramifications are waaaaay too big!
    hmm, i beg to differ..you see if apple decided to make such a move not only would they be compromising the secrecy of the phone, but they would look more stupid based on the sole fact that one of their own employee lost it(if that is what happened)

    >excuse my grammar<
    Last edited by Kil0111; 2010-04-19 at 11:03 PM.

    Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

  2. #122
    EDIT: I misread what you typed. Yeah I guess that it would be kinda dumb for Apple to sue, but according to the DaringFireball guy Gizmodo bought it off the person and that could be construed as receving stolen property. THAT is a very dumb move an Gizmodos part is what I was getting at. The legal trouble they could get in would be very deep and they can't fight Apples legal team I don't think.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 2010-04-19 at 11:12 PM.

  3. #123
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rubayed View Post
    I respect whatever reason u have to believe that the account is fake but sadly u r wrong! Its commonly known to all apple people that its his account. Perhaps u r late in this but google a bit n u'll know its his genuine account
    lol, i did search before i posted..i can't seem to find a clear answer wether or not this is authentic. Care to help?

    Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

  4. #124
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts

    i saw that same one on a Chinese knockoff site.
    im sure its fake. As secretive as apple is about these things, no one would take it to a bar and accidentally forget it

    the parts inside this thing do say apple but so do fake rolex's when you buy them from knockoff sites.

  5. #125
    I don't know, it's fugly - a definite retrograde step, style (?) over substance. A phone is held in the hand, sharp edges are not something I'd want to hold.

    Real? I don't know. Do I like it? No.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  6. #126
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kil0111 View Post
    lol, i did search before i posted..i can't seem to find a clear answer wether or not this is authentic. Care to help?
    Frankly Ive never even entertained the thought of that twitter account being fake, been blindly following it for quite a while n he has fairly decent things to say consistent with his life as a CEO of apple but now come to think of it after reading ur comment and after googling some myself, i must humbly admit my friend I'm not too sure myself whether its a real account or not! U could b right,,,my apologies!

  7. #127
    then don't buy one. everyone else in the world will be buying one though. personally i love the look of the back, very slick looking.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by idigit View Post
    Is this a "varified" Twitter account? I don't see it, looking again now...
    Steve Jobs (ceoSteveJobs) on Twitter

    Edit: This makes me think this is all fake

  9. #129
    Default Its fake
    Quote Originally Posted by iGarza View Post
    i saw that same one on a Chinese knockoff site.
    im sure its fake. As secretive as apple is about these things, no one would take it to a bar and accidentally forget it

    the parts inside this thing do say apple but so do fake rolex's when you buy them from knockoff sites.
    Please post the link to this site so you may help others in here that feel the info on Gizmodo site is real. You can't just say "i saw that same one on a Chinese knockoff site." and not provide the link to the rest of us. The brain is a sponge. Like Johnny 5 said "Need more input!" Thanks

  10. #130
    I personally dont like the overall shape of the iPhone. Im fine with a change of the back of the phone, but its too boxy and the buttons just fugly. Hopefully this prototype was an early one and they keep the features and dump the garbage design...

  11. #131
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rubayed View Post
    Frankly Ive never even entertained the thought of that twitter account being fake, been blindly following it for quite a while n he has fairly decent things to say consistent with his life as a CEO of apple but now come to think of it after reading ur comment and after googling some myself, i must humbly admit my friend I'm not too sure myself whether its a real account or not! U could b right,,,my apologies!
    it's all good, but when you think of it with all these releases and product management, i don't think the tycoon Jobs even has time to wipe his own *** let alone post revealing 'statements' on twitter. Such as:

    Verizon will get the iPhone sooner than you think.
    8:52 AM Apr 16th via Tweetie


    just something to be conscious about...lol

    Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

  12. #132
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JayWheelz View Post
    I think it looks fairly legit. I actually like the design more than the current versions. I think this could have been staged by Apple. Maybe they're looking to see what the public re-action will be about the slight re-design. I'll buy one when it's available.
    Don't think this is staged at the moment they must have sent the final design to china for assembly if they wanted to stage this they would have done it like january/february.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Steve Jobs (ceoSteveJobs) on Twitter

    Edit: This makes me think this is all fake
    The Twitter is fake or it would be verified, but its hilarious to read! lol

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

    dsg (2010-04-19)

  15. #134
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts

    'iPhone 4' Is A Japanese Knockoff

    here's a site that posted the same phone with a different person handling
    it. there was also a Spanish site that confirmed it was from japan but who knows

  16. #135
    well we still have to wait for the real thing,so i'm still sad i got to wait till june or july lol.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to zozodouce For This Useful Post:

    XPROFESSIONAL1 (2010-04-19)

  18. #136
    qpwirghnrstanrsl;kjabjklnab;lknan
    agn
    aent
    gns
    ng.

    I WANT JUNE NOW!

  19. #137
    All other upgrades aside, I wish they would make the speaker properly loud on the next iPhone. I can't tell you how many times I've had my 3GS in my pocket and barely heard it ring at full volume. A coworker has a Razer V3 and his is extremely loud, the iPhone should be really loud too even if it's at only 3/4 volume. Every phone I've ever seen rings louder than the iPhone.

  20. #138
    I really like the look of the case (minus the volume buttons). It makes the phone look much more professional and less of a toy. I like that the chrome is gone and the higher res will be nice (Although there is nothing wrong with the iphones current res)
    Thank you spirit JB for 3.1.3 !!!

  21. #139
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kil0111 View Post
    it's all good, but when you think of it with all these releases and product management, i don't think the tycoon Jobs even has time to wipe his own *** let alone post revealing 'statements' on twitter. Such as:

    Verizon will get the iPhone sooner than you think.
    8:52 AM Apr 16th via Tweetie


    just something to be conscious about...lol
    Valid point, never thought of it that way,feeling kinda stupid! haha!

  22. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by iGarza View Post
    'iPhone 4' Is A Japanese Knockoff

    here's a site that posted the same phone with a different person handling
    it. there was also a Spanish site that confirmed it was from japan but who knows
    That link is via Macrumours and Macroumours now says:

    Update: These claims are fake.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •