Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Barroom iPhone" Disassembled: Looks Legit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble, buuuutttt......those images have been "shopped". I am an expert with Photoshop and I can tell instantly when an image has been altered. Especially from the back where the FCC information has been visually augmented.

The phone itself looks like a Nokia or even a Sony Ericsson. But I can guarantee you it's not an iPhone.
    Ok "EXPERT" tell me how you'd photoshop all these videos:

This Is Apple's Next iPhone - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

I will say this much. I personally feel this is the Real Deal. Maybe be not exactly what will be released in the summer as this is a "prototype" but I feel this is pretty much the finished product. Real or not it has the iPhone community talking, and if it is real, it is good to see Apple has finally added so many much needed hardware upgrades.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Exactly... what else do people have to complain about now with regard to hardware capability?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    OK.. lets say this iPhone is legit with the following improvements:
    1. Front facing cam
    2. At least a 1Ghz processor
    3. Good camera on back with a flash
    4. Awesome screen resolution
    5. iPhone OS 4.0 with all the newest features.

Is there another phone currently on the market that beats it? The only thing it doesn't have is flash (of course). But i think all this stuff puts it out in front compared to all the other "iPhone killer" phones out there.
    Actually the current HTC's do outside of not having the iPhone OS.

1. FF Cam...check
    2. 1Ghz processor...check
    3. Good camera on back with flash...check (and 8 MP at that)
    4. Awesome screen resolution...check (HD2, Incredible, Evo)

I think it probably is safe to say Apple probably won't go 8 MP with the next camera. 5 MP is probably a good guess. But I will say MP don't matter as much as lens size.

Edit: Also all of your points are still "rumored." Nothing concrete has been said about specs for the new hardware. After all Engadget and Gizmodo blogging something isn't the same as Apple/Steve Jobs saying and showing it live. Have some sense of reality here people.
    Last edited by southfrisco; 2010-04-19 at 09:26 PM.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The HTC is a Window Mobile device. Have you ever used one of those?! The 1Ghz processor feels slower than the iPhone 3G sometimes... it's crap!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, I wonder what Apple have to say now...

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Actually the current HTC's do outside of not having the iPhone OS.

1. FF Cam...check
    2. 1Ghz processor...check
    3. Good camera on back with flash...check (and 8 MP at that)
    4. Awesome screen resolution...check (HD2, Incredible, Evo)

I think it probably is safe to say Apple probably won't go 8 MP with the next camera. 5 MP is probably a good guess. But I will say MP don't matter as much as lens size.
    I agree HD2 is going to give iPhone a tough fight. I think it even captures 780p if my memory is correct. It is a matter of preference Windows, Android, or iPhone OS. hardware wise there are many devices that match well against the iPhone.
    Last edited by reyg25atx; 2010-04-19 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks

Default I want to see cpu and memory pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by idesideratum View Post
    i'm leaning towards believing it... the only question is, why haven't they taken it apart to look at the CPU and RAM and such? Then we can really confirm if it's new or not...

Gotta see the full tear down pics of the cpu, it should be different than the 3GS, if not it's a fake. If Chen and crew don't show pics then my skepticism greatly increases.

IMHO it's a fake...

The market is competeive and that is good for us consumers. With devices available or soon to be..Windows 7 phone, Lenovo's "Le Phone", HD2, Android devices, the Palm Pre, and iPhone. So many choices take your pick.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble, buuuutttt......those images have been "shopped". I am an expert with Photoshop and I can tell instantly when an image has been altered. Especially from the back where the FCC information has been visually augmented.

The phone itself looks like a Nokia or even a Sony Ericsson. But I can guarantee you it's not an iPhone.
    Hey expert sorry to burst your bubble but it isnt photohshop unless they photoshoped frame by frame, your probably not even a expert, just a little noob that can make something small and calls him self a expert.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The HTC is a Window Mobile device. Have you ever used one of those?! The 1Ghz processor feels slower than the iPhone 3G sometimes... it's crap!
    You were pointing out hardware specs. I did say that the HTC devices don't have the iPhone OS. Just because it has WINMO doesn't mean that negates the 1Ghz clock speed (hardware speaking). Also two of those devices are Android which are faster than the WINMO and have the ff cam and 8 MP camera on back. The Sprint one has a kick stand too.

I won't argue that iPhone OS is superior to WINMO and Android. But talking specs only there are phones out there that match and probably even exceed the Apple "rumors" for the next gen iPhone.
    Last edited by southfrisco; 2010-04-19 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by jamp1483 View Post
    Can't believe y'all r buying it... Looks faker than my sis tits.... Look at the side buttons!!! I don't think apple would make such an ugly phone... Plus 84 GB.. How they came up with that.. Hope this isn't it.. Ugly as crap!!
    Where are you getting 84 gb from? I searched the gizmodo article and these forums, and you were the very first person to say "84" gb.

Gizmodo merely said the back says XX gb, and they couldn't switch it on to check. The PREVIOUS report said it that the person who was able to use it before it was switched it reported that it was 80 gb, not 84.

80gb makes sense. It's a multiple of both 8 and 16, so it could easily be explained by a 10 or 5 channel set up. 84 gibabytes makes far less sense, but again, you're the first person, so far as I can tell, who has claimed it was 84 gigabytes.

Quote Originally Posted by idigit View Post
    Gotta see the full tear down pics of the cpu, it should be different than the 3GS, if not it's a fake. If Chen and crew don't show pics then my skepticism greatly increases.

IMHO it's a fake...
    If I were a betting man, and you offered me 99:1 odds against this being real, I probably wouldn't take you up on it. I'm at least 99.99% sure it's real. If its a hoax, its a pretty amazing and elaborate one.

At any rate, we've seen pics of the internals from the other picture sets, which are clearly of the same phone, just a bit blurrier. I imagine Gizmodo is intentionally withholding teardown pics for either legal reasons, or to make it a second-exclusive story later.
    Last edited by Faxmonkey; 2010-04-19 at 09:45 PM.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

It does look pretty sweet except for the "joints" on the top and side. Hope Apple gets rid of them by the release date but the microsim is kind of no go zone for now, what if I need to put my sim card in another phone?

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by Faxmonkey View Post
    Where are you getting 84 gb from? I searched the gizmodo article and these forums, and you were the very first person to say "84" gb.

Gizmodo merely said the back says XX gb, and they couldn't switch it on to check. The PREVIOUS report said it that the person who was able to use it before it was switched it reported that it was 80 gb, not 84.

80gb makes sense. It's a multiple of both 8 and 16, so it could easily be explained by a 10 or 5 channel set up. 84 gibabytes makes far less sense, but again, you're the first person, so far as I can tell, who has claimed it was 84 gigabytes.

If I were a betting man, and you offered me 99:1 odds against this being real, I probably wouldn't take you up on it. I'm at least 99.99% sure it's real. If its a hoax, its a pretty amazing and elaborate one.

At any rate, we've seen pics of the internals from the other picture sets, which are clearly of the same phone, just a bit blurrier. I imagine Gizmodo is intentionally withholding teardown pics for either legal reasons, or to make it a second-exclusive story later.
    80/84 GB doesn't make sense. Apple has doubled the storage in each revision.

4 - 8 - 16 - 32 (iPhone 3Gs) - 64 (iPod Touch 3rd Gen)

Next iPhone will probably have 64 GB to match the iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I would be surprised if they went 128 GB to surpass the iPod Touch 3rd Gen but who knows.

Also 64 can be misinterpreted as 84 to some people depending on font type.

Cha Ching! Business opportunity anyone?! Someone needs to start working on Micro SIM to Standard SIM adapter so you can swap between devices in the event you break your iPhone 4G and need to go back to older iPhone or another device! Any investors out there!?

had an employee really lost it, would it not be better to not use the remote kill to wipe the phone and use the "Find iPhone" feature to locate the phone? then again, now they know where the phone is.....cant they send in their ninja assassins like they do in china when someone leaks info? someone at gizmodo may be dying soon

OR this is a planned leak by apple to get feedback or create hype on the new unit.

i vote the latter

this better not be the next iPhone... it **** ugly.
    If it is i am not buying it. screw functionality.

i'll believe it when two things happen, 1: he turns the screen on and 2: he shows photos of it oppened up
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    Cha Ching! Business opportunity anyone?! Someone needs to start working on Micro SIM to Standard SIM adapter so you can swap between devices in the event you break your iPhone 4G and need to go back to older iPhone or another device! Any investors out there!?
    The question is will AT&T bundle the next iPhone with both a standard and micro sim (if Apple goes with a micro sim). It makes sense for them to do that to allow customers the choice if something does happen to their iPhone. But then again this is AT&T and they don't seem to think that far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by iPh0wned View Post
    had an employee really lost it, would it not be better to not use the remote kill to wipe the phone and use the "Find iPhone" feature to locate the phone? then again, now they know where the phone is.....cant they send in their ninja assassins like they do in china when someone leaks info? someone at gizmodo may be dying soon

OR this is a planned leak by apple to get feedback or create hype on the new unit.

i vote the latter
    That is a good point but I would think Apple wouldn't want to locate the iPhone and come get it because if that happened it would only confirm the suspicions. Also just a couple other things - They have shown the inside of the iPhone and 80GB does actually make sense, if you recall the evolution to the ipod it was going 20, 40, 80, and then 120 which isn't double. They did have a 160 for a very short period of time but just because they have doubled it until now doesn't necessarily mean that it couldn't happen. Plus this is a prototype so who knows how much memory the final will have

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast