Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Opera Mini Approved for App Store; Already Available in Some Countries

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

It's great, but I do miss the "pinch to zoom" function...
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

I think u can just use the desktop version of opera and import ur safari bookmark into opera and use opera link in both the desktop and opera mini to sync the bookmark

I dunno whether it works but it should conceptually

Quote Originally Posted by nitestarzz View Post
    I think u can just use the desktop version of opera and import ur safari bookmark into opera and use opera link in both the desktop and opera mini to sync the bookmark

I dunno whether it works but it should conceptually
    Ah, gotcha. I wasn't sure what that Opera Link thing was. Haven't used Opera in years...

Thanks!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

You can enable fullscreen mode from the settings. I dont like that auto correct doesn't work with it though.

I like it. It needs a few updates to add features. I'm keeping it. Safari on wifi and Opera on Edge. Hopefully AT&T gets 3G in my area this year

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Moved.

As for the browser: broken css, no javascript at all, only two zoom levels.

I'm surprised they get away calling this "thing" a browser. It's fast because it doesn't do much, but I guess what it does it does well.

Blame that on Apple... developers aren't allowed to execute client side script..

I think for what it does, it's great.. I enjoy being able to be away from wifi and to browse sites really fast... it's not perfect for every situation, but it's nice to have an alternative!

if all I want to do is do some casual browsing with speed then I'll use Opera. If I need extended functionality I'll load up Safari .... besides... it's FREE so I can't complain.

well this is what i've noticed. One type a web address and press go, or if i click on a link.. the browser just sits there not doing anything for like 5-7 sec and then boom loads the page..
    so instead of gradually loading the page it kindda tends to show the page suddenly..

happening to anyone else? seems like an illusion of fast loading

yeah. it's because it uses a server to render/compress the pages. I wonder if it still works with the server down.......

Is it safe to put passwords and logins???i mean if pages go to operas server than they access passwords,right??so is it safe to use facebook or email on opera mini??

i would say yes. don't do banking though.

man this dont look good on the ipad,they need to make a version just for the ipad.

Ok thx)) gonna check Opera Link :P

they need to make scrolling smoother. also need levels of zoom and better java.

can someone please make a ispazio dockflow like icon for opera its a neccesity for me

awesome I have been waiting for this..

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

Wow, it already has 3,745 ratings on the App Store! A lot of people have been waiting for this.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Safari with the DNS tweak is just as good... Downloaded anyways
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

For me its not working . Just get a blank screen, top left it says "Opera Mini: and left of it is the loading sign. Thats it.
    Any help...

Wow it compresses the crap out of all web images!!

Sure it loads fast, but there are artifacts left over everywhere.

Thanks

I like it but I wish they made it easier to change the homescreen for people with bigger fingers.
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2010-04-13 at 07:07 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast