Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: geohot Shows off blackra!n on iPhone OS 4.0

Octember 32nd
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Am I the only one who caught the ! Instead of 1? I need the GM version hahah but it sucks cause I can't even get developer id cause I'm t mobile...tear

Green Apple
    Thanks
    well 4.0 jb is going to be awesome, but, stuff in cydia need to be updated... can't wait till it comes out... and for many of you, don't install 4.0 beta if u don't know what you're doing, those are for developers to test only, so apps can be prepared when 4.0 actually release. from now on, i guess we wait...

Sweet! n.n sooo excited.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great! He's jailbroken the iPad, and the iPhone OS 4.0 but has he found an unlock for the 4.0 as well? I really hope he does because I want 4.0 really bad on my iPhone 3G that is on T-Mobile!

From twitter:
    geohot

I realize most of you aren't dicks. I have some cool stuff planned, but not the time to make it how I envision it now. Keep an eye on spirit
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

god damit!!! geohotz did it again!

Did what again?

when does it come out?

Probably never - geo is saying to wait for Spirit as he is too busy.

Whats the probability of the new iphone 4 being unlocked?

Why open a thread from nearly 2 months ago rather than actually read what's been said recently?

Been searching and searching and cant find. I reserved 2 of the iphone 4 and am just praying they will make them work on tmobile

iPhone 4 will not work on T-Mobile. They switched to Micro Sim which T-Mobile doesn't offer or even have, so your SIM card will not work nor fit in the iPhone 4. Also, the system it self is a different wireless system that only AT&T offers, it's not compatible (Hardware Wise) to work with T-Mobile, which makes a unlock pretty much impossible considering the hardware issues and more importantly the fact that a T-Mobile SIM card won't fit into the device.

Thanks

@Buffalano, there is a very good possibility the iPhone 4 could fit a T-Mobile SIM because, idk if u knew about this, but T-Mobile EDGE has been tested and works on the iPad 3G. The iPad 3G also uses Micro-SIM's so in order to make the standard T-Mobile SIM fit inside of the Micro-SIM tray, the SIM was cut with an office blade into the exact shape of a Micro-SIM and it worked perfectly running T-Mobile EDGE! All that needs to be done for the iPhone 4 to run on T-Mobile is have the SIM card cut to fit into the Micro-SIM tray. It can be done, and it mostlikely will be done.

You can make any sim into a micro sim.

Thanks

@Capttanhowdy, exactly! So it can be done and mostlikely will be done! All that needs to be done in order for this to work, is a firmware unlock

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JonnyBoy123 For This Useful Post:

capttanhowdy (2010-06-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalano View Post
    iPhone 4 will not work on T-Mobile. They switched to Micro Sim which T-Mobile doesn't offer or even have, so your SIM card will not work nor fit in the iPhone 4. Also, the system it self is a different wireless system that only AT&T offers, it's not compatible (Hardware Wise) to work with T-Mobile, which makes a unlock pretty much impossible considering the hardware issues and more importantly the fact that a T-Mobile SIM card won't fit into the device.
    As for it not being compatible I think thats incorrect. If its a GSM phone, Its a GSM phone right?

Thanks

Default iPhone 4 on T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    As for it not being compatible I think thats incorrect. If its a GSM phone, Its a GSM phone right?
    Exactly! Nothing has changed accept the SIM card. If the iPad was able to read a T-Mobile SIM card, then there shouldn't be that much of a problem getting the iPhone 4 to do the same. Geohot said it himself, the iPad isn't much different from the iPhone.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to JonnyBoy123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalano View Post
    The only hardware problem that T-Mobile faces is that it doesn't use the same 3G frequencies the iPhone uses. So just cut a T-Mobile sim down and you can use the iPhone 4 on Edge. There should be an unlock at some point for the iPhone 4 unless they changed something drastically for the iPhone 4, which I doubt. And this is why the unlock will probably come after the iPhone 4 release; so the dev team can test the unlock they have waiting for it.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast