Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Beta FAQ

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_greedy View Post
    It's more to do with iTunes.. With the 3.0 beta they released a beta version of iTunes that worked.. I know. I used it.
    Well I have no reason to doubt you good sir.. just an observation. I sure hope they update iTunes for windows with the next beta.. Would make EVERYONES lives easier!

Question Question?
    What I wanna know is: Is Steve's iPhone jailbroken?
    Because if it's not, he's missing out on all the great things there, and I think that Apple should consider looking at those AMAZING add-ons, fixes, mods, etc. because they make this phone even more user-friendly, they could even help make them safer for the iPhone and less crash-prone.
    Either way, THANK you Steve Jobs for this wonderful thing, THANK you dev's for a job well done, THANK you jailbreaking community for making my iPhone...MINE!
    ---------------------------------------------

I am an iDiot

Default Iphone 3G 4.0 functionality
    Besides Multi-tasking, what else doesn't work work on the iPhone 3G 4.0 OS? I can't seem to find any new functionality besides the camera zoom..

Select a word and a "Replace..." option appears. Seems to be a synonym type replacement suggestions. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    You have to download the ipsw, they release it to the devs.
    Right, I mean if you are already using beta is it normal to just upgrade to any new betas that come out?

Quote Originally Posted by andre2you View Post
    Besides Multi-tasking, what else doesn't work work on the iPhone 3G 4.0 OS? I can't seem to find any new functionality besides the camera zoom..
    I am also wondering this...

I've only used the folders, zoom, wallpaper, and the all-in-one mailbox
    Last edited by godsrainbow1984; 2010-04-12 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by godsrainbow1984 View Post
    Right, I mean if you are already using beta is it normal to just upgrade to any new betas that come out?
    A new software, or one that is being updated, that is ready to be released to users for beta testing in real-world situations. Usually betas have most or all of the features and functionality implemented that the finished product is to have.

A test of software that is still under development, accomplished by having people actually use the software.

are updates for me done the conventional way or do i need stealth to upload the new betas every time a new one comes out? do you think this will allow me to do a windows update if it's done normally?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

BST only.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2010-04-12 at 07:46 PM.

nm
    Last edited by butters44; 2010-04-12 at 07:15 PM.

no links
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2010-04-12 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waroftyr View Post
    same as on here-waroftyr
    You were the only person I was able to send a friend request to on Game Center (should have come from bllewisii). Have you had any more luck sending to anyone else or accepting requests?

Even though it's pretty early in the game and there's no telling what Apple might do with resetting it, but has anyone thought about setting up a forum on here for Game Center so we can get names/aliases together?
    Last edited by bllewisii; 2010-04-12 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Who died and made you king?!

Game Center Username: bllewisii

Hi guys,
    anyone was able to run Tap Tap Revenge 3 on this OS 4.0?
    it's crashing on startup... i wondering if the TapTap Revenge3 will work in multitasking as apple show on there event
    (with the countdown 3..2..1.. before the game continues)
    anyone try that?

Thanks
    Default UDID finder
    Here's a small tip to make finding the UDID, and copying it correctly without error.

Plug in iPhone, iTunes doesn't even need to be open.
    TOP menu, click on the Apple logo.
    Click 'about this mac'
    Click 'more info...'
    under contents there is 'USB'
    then under 'USB High-Speed Bus' click iPhone
    the serial number is the UDID, and you can highlight copy and paste.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hila47 View Post
    Hi guys,
    anyone was able to run Tap Tap Revenge 3 on this OS 4.0?
    it's crashing on startup... i wondering if the TapTap Revenge3 will work in multitasking as apple show on there event
    (with the countdown 3..2..1.. before the game continues)
    anyone try that?
    I am able to run Tap Tap Revenge 3 on 4.0 without any issues (besides the dang Radio Disney ad popping up at launch...dang Disney). Right now, when you double tap the home button, the game is paused, but it doesn't allow you to select any other app in the bar at the bottom. It will still do the countdown when you tap resume though.
    Last edited by bllewisii; 2010-04-13 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammatical errors

Quote Originally Posted by bllewisii View Post
    I am able to run Tap Tap Revenge 3 on 4.0 without any issues (besides the dang Radio Disney add popping up at launch...dang Disney). Right now, when you double tap the home button, the game is paused, but it doesn't allow you to select any other app in the bar at the bottom. It will still do the countdown when you tap resume though.
    you have the free Tap Tap? or the 0.99$ one?
    the Free one don't working for me..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hila47 View Post
    you have the free Tap Tap? or the 0.99$ one?
    the Free one don't working for me..
    Mine is the free version. Have you tried doing a hard reset and seeing if that fixes the problem?

Mine is the free version. Have you tried doing a hard reset and seeing if that fixes the problem?
    nop.. i will install again and do hard reset.....

Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    I was able to friend the 2 that i tried and they accepted including warotyr, but people had trouble sending me requests.
    i send request for warotyr.. everyone else it can't find ?!@
    give me names.. i'll try more..
    you can add me on the name juvaknin

after hard reset the game run... but after 2 sec.. it's crashed again.... strange....
    Last edited by hila47; 2010-04-12 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anyone had any wifi problems with OS4.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

You were the only person I was able to send a friend request to on Game Center (should have come from bllewisii). Have you had any more luck sending to anyone else or accepting requests?

Even though it's pretty early in the game and there's no telling what Apple might do with resetting it, but has anyone thought about setting up a forum on here for Game Center so we can get names/aliases together?
    ive had a few problems setting up a few, but your added back now
    i agree we should set up a forum for game center
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_greedy View Post
    Has anyone had any wifi problems with OS4.0?
    No problems with wifi so far. The only major problem I had so far was with downloading a song from the iTunes app. When it tried to finish processing the download on my phone, it sent my phone into a never ending reset loop. It would bring the home screen back up after resetting, but about 20 seconds later, the phone would restart again. I had to quickly get to the download and pause it before it tried to finalize the download to stop the cycle. Not sure when it will get fixed or when I will get my song now.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast