Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Beta FAQ

Is it okay to update to the iPhone OS 4.0 beta if I have already jailbroken? Or will this brick my phone. I heard stories but I think they just mean that someone will have to find a new exploit if I want to jailbreak my phone again.

I dont think it will brick your phone but you will loose the jailbreak

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's how it was for the 3.0 beta, I don't see why it wouldnt be the same for 4.0. I think this release has brought the stock OS significantly closer to what it would be if someone jailbroke. That's probably the goal of Apple in all of their updates.. Seems logical anyway. They ALWAYS do it bigger and better than everyone else.

How many betas are usually released before the official 4.0 release?

Does everyone automatically upgrade when new betas come out?

I always upgrade when new beta comes out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someone let me know if they get it working with Windows iTune too..

I've got dev slots available too.

Hopefully it's soon, it's just sitting in my desktop staring at me lol

Ive got dev slots as well. Got my entire family on it. The problem is windows...seriously. Just waiting for that. I have on cell from my partner's Macbook done. Waiting for him to get back (next week).

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just browsing around the dev site.. I only see .dmg files. are the .ipsw files inside those?

:S

Any dev spots? @ mr_greedy and Shivam?

Hit me up in a pm if you have any left !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I got a devspot from Stealthbravo, thanks man. I updated itunes and put my phone into DFU mode, went to my iphone tab and alt-clicked the restore button but I get no option to select the firmware i want. This is on windows. I've read that windows doesn't always work but I figured I would try and see if I get lucky.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

On windows, you have to shift-click to choose your IPSW path. Unfortunately, there is no chance of installing it from windows. Apple's iPhone SDK is only made for Mac, so technically you would need one to develop apps. I don't see them making windows usable until the GM (Gold Master) version is released.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

I have a question and a favor to ask of a Dev with the 4.0 beta, first the question: can you put folders in folders? and the favor, can someone please upload the wallpapers that come with 4.0?
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can't put folders in folders.. And here is the stock 4.0 wallpaper.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Strivelli For This Useful Post:

Frostbite (2010-04-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Thanks @Strivelli I guess this means that catagories & catSB are still needed or there is a tweak that should be written
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think a tweak will be written into the betas or GM to put folders in folders.. It makes it too easy to clutter your phone, and I don't believe the new UI for folders can accommodate stacks.. I think 4.0, though, is really making jailbreaking obselete.. which is shweet!!!

Here are my experiences of 4.0 beta so far since Saturday evening.

-My Mophie battery backup case was hit or miss with recognized. After I could not get it to charge either by the battery case or when plugged in, now its charging

-I took several zoomed test shots at a baseball game and most of the zoomed shots were saved as black and white. Then a few were saved as wide shots instead of zoomed but in full color.

-Some of the app images would periodically disappear and just the shadow graphic would exist. Doesnt happen to often

-Fandango would never launch

-No background music streaming yet. One of the best things I miss about Pro Switcher.

-Mutiltasking is fast and not too bad on the battery. Faster than Pro Switcher yet not as fun to use. I kinda like the WebOS like method better than the way 4.0 does it.

-The camera shutter is so much faster. Almost 2x faster than before.

All in all its pretty stable. No major issues yet. Some apps crash here and there but my jailbroken 3.1.2 was a lot buggier and aggravating to use. After spending so much time on my theme I didnt want to restore to to see if that would fix the bugs. I found out that you will need the latest iTunes to install the ipw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, I've had a similar experience as carbona.. When I try to click MMS from a photo in the Photos app, the photo adds to a MMS message, but the keyboard and send button disappear, can't get this to work even after restart. It does, however, work when you click the camera button in an existing message field. Sorta a workaround like the wallpaper button in the photos app. Like carbona said.. It's really a stable beta, and working really well... I am pleased.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strivelli View Post
    On windows, you have to shift-click to choose your IPSW path. Unfortunately, there is no chance of installing it from windows. Apple's iPhone SDK is only made for Mac, so technically you would need one to develop apps. I don't see them making windows usable until the GM (Gold Master) version is released.
    It's more to do with iTunes.. With the 3.0 beta they released a beta version of iTunes that worked.. I know. I used it.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast