Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Beta FAQ

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

@juhwuh my dude, make sure you read into something before you go ahead and try it, it's everywhere not to upgrade without being signed by a dev..now you have to stick with the 4.0 because of 5.13.03 you have now..and whats going to suck for you is the fact that the 3G doesn't have Multi-task capability as stated in the key note. DO SOME RESEARCH!, i learned the hard way breaking my JB with 3.1.3

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

baseband gets upgraded to 5.13.03 not 5.13.01 please update that

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any news of this working on Windows iTunes yet?

I've got a dev account ready for some UDID abuse, see.
    Last edited by mr_greedy; 2010-04-10 at 12:01 PM.

I just got my UDID registered with a dev friend, however when I try to upgrade by using Restore to the 4.0 beta ipsw, it's stuck at 30% progress bar in itunes, iphone bar is like 10%. i tried like 5 times already, dfu mode, restart...etc all the same thing.

anyone have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by juhwuh View Post
    possibly dumb question...

Does anyone know if a Genius Bar could downgrade/fix/whatever my iPhone 3G? I've upgraded to the 4.0 beta without a dev account and now I can't activate the phone OR downgrade to 3.x(error 1015)... I'm thinking of taking it to my local Genius Bar, but I was wondering if they could do a baseband downgrade (or whatever will get my iPhone working again).

By the way, I'd prefer a solution that doesn't involve jailbreak or use any jailbreak-related tools...

Thanks...
    Just use DFU mode, then you can easily restore without a problem.

/Ruff

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I must offer an apology to stealth.. I will no longer spam post on the forums selling dev spots. Like someone above me said, I'm just asking for a small donation Email me at [email protected]

Yeah, unfortunately, you can't downgrade your baseband.. Which has been one of the major problems with jailbreaking. Despite this, you can still downgrade your OS without changing your baseband. Like thisisaticup said, enter DFU (directions at link below). And restore using a 3.1.3 IPSW that you can download from Apple's website. Good Luck!!!!

How to enter DFU mode on the iPhone
    Last edited by Strivelli; 2010-04-10 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    Whats your name on there, lets see if it lets me add you. seems like there are bugs but they are very scattered, and very inconsistent
    same as on here-waroftyr
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

8. The Following User Says Thank You to waroftyr For This Useful Post:

bllewisii (2010-04-12)

sweeet.

iphone 4.0 is great a little buggy in areas but nice all around, ive got slots pm for to participate

one quick wondering thought : if 4.0 will update the base-band once again ( 05.13.03), would the current jb/unlock that the Dev team is working on ( for the 05.12.01) right now will be "useless" ( no offense) by then ? So is it necessary to release the current jb/unlock for 05.12.01 ? I'm just wondering though

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have slots if anyone is interested. Pm me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike2016 View Post
    I just got my UDID registered with a dev friend, however when I try to upgrade by using Restore to the 4.0 beta ipsw, it's stuck at 30% progress bar in itunes, iphone bar is like 10%. i tried like 5 times already, dfu mode, restart...etc all the same thing.

anyone have this problem?
    Are you updating with windows or mac?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Have plenty of slots left if anyone interested.
    Check here for details: http://modmyi.com/forums/other-b-s-t...lots-left.html

Well, to anyone who has 4.0 up and running, can you describe some of the bugs? I can't install yet since i'm running Win7 so I'm just curious as to what's going on with it so far.....what do you like? What do you dislike? What's it missing?

-thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There are plenty of really great features. Multitasking isn't really useful yet, cause no one has it implemented, but, it's cool looking lol.. Otherwise there are some minor things like websearch in spotlight. The phone is SIGNIFICANTLY SIGNIFICANTLY faster. Transitions are smoother, texting is cleaner. Some minor bugs include folders not syncing with iTunes, and not being able to set wallpaper from photos app. Character count in SMS is really nice too! 5x digital zoom on camera is overrated..

There are a few little bugs over all i think its nice, and it seems quicker, dunno if thats in my head.

If anyone wants a slot check here

http://modmyi.com/forums/other-b-s-t...available.html

appreciate the info Strivelli. Can't til I can install.

The more I see of the iPad, the more I can't wait to buy one. But i'm waiting on the 3G + Wifi model.

question...

If I switch to 4.0 Beta will there be any problems replacing it with the real 4.0 when it comes out? Will it just involve upgrading through Itunes as normal? Will it affect any future JB with 4.0 once the JB is released?

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

No you can just update it like normal

when someone gets it working with windows 7 let me know, i have everything set up but no mac =(

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast