Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Beta FAQ

Ok my friend verified that his version was 9.0 and not 9.1..so that was probably why..dangit, now I will have to wait
    Last edited by godsrainbow1984; 2010-04-10 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Dev slots available
    I know i do not post too often but i check this website everyday for the past 2 years so ill help some people out, i just bought a dev account and have spots available, i wont charge for anything but if you want you can send a donation and it would be greatly appreciated. Just shoot me a PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

Firmware 4.0 is the sh1t. Now this is a update. Now what the new iPhone 4G will look like or do. With this update I will not any need to jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

success! I just got done updating to 4.0 beta now, and ive got to say it's quite sleek although at some points while going back to springboard from app is a little jumpy. I think the jailbreak devs could have a lot of fun with this OS..anyways if anyone needs help updating to the beta an has any questions just PM me and i would be glad to help.

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Thanks

4.0 is prety smooth considering it's a Beta version, no problems yet! Will the Jailbreak be released for the Beta versions?

You should not use 4.0 beta! Very buggy!
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    What part are you referring to? I haven't experienced any significant bugs yet, and Ive had it since yesterday afternoon...
    i have experienced bugs with the sms app and the mail app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    willing to buy a spot to 4.0 i will pay $5 I would like it in the next 30 minutes please. pm me. thank you everyone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Engrisch View Post
    ... I would like it in the next 30 minutes please...
    jeeze beggers can't be choosers lmao..

but about the buggyness has anyone else experienced not being able to set Home or Lockscreen wallpaper? tried numerous times...

Thanks

@thatisasticup ok got it now good looks dude, i wanna try out that Game Center app someone add me : JohnnyP

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

What part are you referring to? I haven't experienced any significant bugs yet, and Ive had it since yesterday afternoon...
    im having problems with messaging app(keyboard not pulling up, screen randomly going clear, and it boggs down so bad when typing i had to restart phone), safari wont go into landscape, and other glitches here and there but all in all nothing as bad as 3.0 beta 1, also when i plug my phone in usb to my alpine stereo in my car scrolling through artists is now extremely slow and buggy
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea that looks killer

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

thisisasticup (2010-04-10)

What is happening exactly? I have 3 emails, gmail, exchange, and a random imap, and its working fine. And i havent had an sms problem either...

are you trying to set it from the photo library? It didnt work for me from there, but it worked from settings>wallpaper.

Also to note, when you screen shot they save as pngs not as regualr jpg like previous os
    in the mail app ive noticed with my gmail account that i have set up using the exchange that i have stopped recieving emails and everytime i go into loading the app i end up redownload all the messages in the inbox. also the app hangs when i switch from my gmail inbox over to my mobileme inbox.

with the sms app ive only ran into 2 problems, the top of the screen with in a threaded convo was completely gone, as in i could not go back to the rest of the conversations in the app. the other problem was that i had no option to bring up the keyboard, but other than that havent had any problems
    Nobody should have to go to work thinking, "Oh, this is the place that I might die today." That's what a hospital is for. - Michael Scott

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sakellarisj View Post
    in the mail app ive noticed with my gmail account that i have set up using the exchange that i have stopped recieving emails and everytime i go into loading the app i end up redownload all the messages in the inbox. also the app hangs when i switch from my gmail inbox over to my mobileme inbox.

with the sms app ive only ran into 2 problems, the top of the screen with in a threaded convo was completely gone, as in i could not go back to the rest of the conversations in the app. the other problem was that i had no option to bring up the keyboard, but other than that havent had any problems
    with the problem of the keyboard not coming up i found that if you go to landscape and then go back to portrait your keyboard will be fine

Super weird, Im not experiencing any of that. i occasionally got the blank screen but i just hit home and it went away. as for the car thing, I have no idea, cause my stupid car only has a cd player.

I added you, not sure if it will work. My name is brandonslm

I know it doesnt do ranking yet, cause its not active, but maybe the friending will work. Its kinda nice having it early cause pretty much all names are available

nice it worked. So you can add friends in game center. sweet.
    i was going to throw you an add but it says your name isnt recognized
    Last edited by waroftyr; 2010-04-10 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

16. The Following User Says Thank You to waroftyr For This Useful Post:

thisisasticup (2010-04-10)

possibly dumb question...

Does anyone know if a Genius Bar could downgrade/fix/whatever my iPhone 3G? I've upgraded to the 4.0 beta without a dev account and now I can't activate the phone OR downgrade to 3.x(error 1015)... I'm thinking of taking it to my local Genius Bar, but I was wondering if they could do a baseband downgrade (or whatever will get my iPhone working again).

By the way, I'd prefer a solution that doesn't involve jailbreak or use any jailbreak-related tools...

Thanks...

Ok I'll try to do that if I run into that problem again, thanks

Thanks

yeah the friending does work...surprisingly...though the second person who i tried accepting i had trouble with, had to do a hard restart and got it to work after that. Im wondering if the games that work with this app still have yet to be designated.

oh, and also, if possible, I'd rather get back to 3.x than run the 4.0 beta...

I've never been to a Genius Bar so I'm wondering if they have what it takes to fix this. Any info/advice is mega appreciated.

just sent you an email.

Wait you set up gmail with exchange? or the gmail option?

Under mail settings make sure this option is on,
    it wasnt there in the previous os

I also just noticed that sometimes screenshots come out pixellated.
    yea my mail is checked on but yes i have it set up under an exchange account for google sync, supposedly it pushes mail to the inbox where as if you set it up under gmail it will use imap and fetch all the time. But my mail was working fine on 3.1.3 but now its been acting up with 4.0 so im just gonna assume its a bug that needs to be fixed in a later build
    Nobody should have to go to work thinking, "Oh, this is the place that I might die today." That's what a hospital is for. - Michael Scott

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast