Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Gets Multitasking, Bluetooth Keyboards, 5x Digital Zoom... and More!

yep def a windows problem....i had to upgrade to 3.1.3 and still didn't work and also lost all my backups

yea, i gotta figure out how to import contacts, so glad i did a manual back up recently . Moving from a 2Ghz single core to a 1.6 quad core laptop with a SSD is awesome , moving 20 gigs of files is not awesome , anyway off topic.

I'm new to the whole beta scene with this, so will we be able to A) run app store apps like normal at all? and B) will any app store apps have 4.0 support before it even comes out for us beta 'testers'

Anyone able to update using Windows 7?

Is the update problem limited to Windows 7? Anyone able to update on Windows XP?
    Last edited by xxxrider; 2010-04-09 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Finally got it to work but had to install snow leopard in one of my hard drives (hackintosh) but I think apple just intended to have the firmware for apple only.(developers)

Looks like a promising update..

Wonder what the new iphone is gonna be that will give me any incentive to update..

If it wasn't for an unlock, i'd never have to jb again! the reflective dock is the only other reason i jailbreak..

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If I have spots left then yea I can
    thanks!! you rock :P! oh no run out of spots =/ can you just add me now then? or is that a problem?

iBooks isn't available for iPhone yet. If you download iBooks is puts in into the iPad section of apps.

Banned
    Thanks

How about unlocking the phone to other networks. Then there will be no need to jailbreak.
    Till then I am forced to jailbreak so I will continue to use cracked apps also.

Hey, I'd love a dev account here, very broke at the moment unfortunately

Green Apple
    Thanks

I lost my jailbreak the other day, so this speaks some comfort.
    However, I'll miss SBSettings, Snappy and Winterboard.
    Professional Numptie

this updates sounds quite appealing indeed anyone care to add me if they have open spots
    Thank in advance....
    by the way when exactly is it summer(hoping to knw an approximate date for the official release to the public) cus where i live its hot already....
    Last edited by Evilsaint; 2010-04-09 at 09:56 AM.

if anyone has any open spots on their dev account it would be greatly appreciated. ive got 10 bucks on it

These new features sound great but are pretty much what i have on my 3G already. I want to give this a shot, but i would like to actually use my 3GS 3.1.3—05.12.01, no shsh files to downgrade, as of right now i'm stuck and im waiting for a jailbreak and unlock to come out so i can be able to use this phone. So I guess my question is would testing out 4.0 make my chances worse or better for achieving my goal of an unlocked 3GS as soon as possible on any firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    yup....... no background image in springboard =/
    WHAT?? ffs...

Confirmed not working on windows error 13 gotta go to friends house tomorrow and use his mac

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    how would you get the apps from cydia and rock without jailbreaking? you get the apps by either sshing and installing them manually or through cydia or rock both of which would need cydia or rock at one point
    Point well made. This could make upgrading to 4.0 a tough decision. Most of the jb apps I suppose I could live without, especially with multi tasking enabled, but what I would miss is My3G. Singtel here in Singapore has good 3G support and I use it for everything from Wunderadio to making Skype calls. I can also tether.

4.0 certainly needs to allow unfettered 3G data access or... I dunno...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i agree

wow what a crap update.

can already do all that stuff with jailbreaking. 3.0 and 4.0 have been useless updates. except for bluetooth multiplayer in apps that the only good thing.apple should try go for a speed increase in firmware like 2.2.1 was faster than 3.0. was also hoping for a complete change in the user interface to make themeing more fun.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blueflamman View Post
    Hey Guy's,
    Just installed 4.0 on my 3gs, working fairly well but no wi-fi........ anybody else having this problem? also no ibooks app?
    you have to download ibooks

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

it's not a crap update the reason why people jailbreak is because the stock firmware doesn't have these things. apple finally puts it on then you call it crap? we all know we can do all these things because of jailbreak, but if apple eventually allows all these things and themes then people will have no reason to jailbreak and the annoyingness of having to wait until a jailbreak comes out for the new updates because we will have what we have been wanting :P

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast