Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Limit iPhone 4.0 Multitasking?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

apple multitasking: application is put on hold, also known as paused until resumed by user
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Apple limiting multitasking.. who (among us) cares? We all know that if Apple locks up multi-tasking, jailbreaking will provide the unlock keys. And even if their multitasking system is horrid, there's always the multitasking app for iPhone/Touch that can be ported to iPad to provide for true multitasking.

Where there's a will..

Thanks

I guess we will find out tomorrow

sigh tomorrow needs to hurry up and come

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

**** 4.0 .... =]

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

If Steve Jobs doesn't decide to allow the "rest of us" to enjoy the iPhone experience to its fullest, such as Multi-tasking, I will await the Nexus One to arrive to Verizon and do the change. i've being waiting TOO long, with a 3g, for this 4th gen. iPhone. I will be waiting.

i just hope the update goes live today

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It is very highly unlikely that 4.0 gold will go out today. Almost impossible. But they will more than likely start the beta since they are making official announcments on what it will contain.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

multi-task is rather pointless.

I had it for all of 1 day on my phone...and then removed it. Used up way too much memory, killed battery...and i honestly had no need for the darn thing.

I'm just hoping that Apple ups the ante in the hardware department and makes the iPhone more capable...ie: faster. My 3G was fairly slow prior to jailbreaking. It's almost x2 faster now since I've killed a bunch of stupid apps and have been playing with it.

hopefully the preview in the morning answers some questions

I am getting sick of this apple crap now they are falling so far behind with competition in regards to specs and what the phone is limited to doing without a jb. Think its about time i purchased a sony xperia 10 which looks minted or a hdc hd3 which by the looks of of from the spec blows all comp away

but this is exactly how Apple has worked for the last 20+ yrs.

they come up with a completely new, wonderful innovative idea. Then they perch on it and grind it into the ground acting like they are Lord and Master over anyone who has the audacity to purchase their products.

the iPhone saved Apple...and it has ensured Apple remains solvent for several years to come. I can see AT&T and Apple losing a ton of customers though if this iPhone 4G doesn't provide. The Google software is just amazing, and the phones it's operating on with Spring/Verizon are awesomely fast as well.

besides, you don't have to fight iTunes if you ditch the iPhone. That alone has me considering one of those Android style phones

Quote Originally Posted by rockjohn View Post
    i just hope the update goes live today
    That won't happen. Best we can hope for is betas will be given out to developers today or very soon. Keep in mind devs have to be given time to work on their current crop of apps and make sure they all work for OS 4 and odds are OS 4 isn't even fully fleshed out yet (gold standard). The next iPhone won't be released until the summer. This gives Apple two to three months to get everything worked out and devs time to utilize new APIs before its public release.

Same thing happened last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
    the iPhone saved Apple...
    I wouldn't go that far. Apple was doing pretty well for itself with it's line of iPods and Macs well before the iPhone hit store shelves. Not to mention Jobs was overlord and ruler of all things Apple before the iPhone launched in 2007.

The iPhone and App Store catapulted Apple into the smartphone/mobile phone business and the consciousness of other phone manufacturers.
    Last edited by southfrisco; 2010-04-08 at 01:10 PM.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nitin98 View Post
    just jailbreak
    still waiting for 3.1.3 untethered JB.......

@corkey20000 the 2g and 3g along with the first to iPod touches have 128mb ram and the 3GS along with the new touch and the iPad have 256mb ram

I don't understand why people say that only a certain amount of Apps really "NEED" multitasking...

I background YourTube while it is downloading my YouTube videos;

I background my games while I play in case I get an important call and the iPhone closes the app without saving;

I background any program I am in and typing So I can open dictionary.com App to check my spelling

I background just about any App I am in if I need to stop without losing my work and do something else really quickly.

So again... IDK why you guys are saying that it is useless and that only a certain amount of Apps need it. Multitasking is something I have enjoyed through jailbreaking and can not live without!
    --------------------

The important thing is - Apple will allow multitasking... some of the members on this site are total geniuses! They will be able to get past Apple's limitations and unlock the true power that Apple will most likely hold back.

tim

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I don't understand why people say that only a certain amount of Apps really "NEED" multitasking...

I background my games while I play in case I get an important call and the iPhone closes the app without saving;

I background any program I am in and typing So I can open dictionary.com App to check my spelling

I background just about any App I am in if I need to stop without losing my work and do something else really quickly.

So again... IDK why you guys are saying that it is useless and that only a certain amount of Apps need it. Multitasking is something I have enjoyed through jailbreaking and can not live without!
    --------------------

The important thing is - Apple will allow multitasking... some of the members on this site are total geniuses! They will be able to get past Apple's limitations and unlock the true power that Apple will most likely hold back.

tim
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post

--------------------

tim
    ++1

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why are people ******** about Apple controlling the user experience? It's nothing new. Did you guys really think that this was gonna be a multitask anything you want type thing?

All I'll say is this: if iPhone 4.0 does not introduce multitasking, it is falling way behind as a current day smartphone. In Steve's keynote for the very first iPhone, he claimed is was "five years ahead of any other smartphone on the market." I hate to call his words short-lived, but Android has quickly one-upped the iPhone, and will continue to do so unless Apple makes some changes to their policy.

This announcement today will likely be the most important one for the entire next year, even including the iPhone HD announcement this summer. Why? Because it's not hardware that limits Apple products--it's software, and if there are any drastic changes to Apple's philosophies on developers and open software, they'll be revealed today, not this summer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast