Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneOS 4.0 Finally To Be Revealed Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
    so how long til we can see html5 on majority of the web then
    The web moves fast but has done a surprising job of keeping legacy software going. If it works, why fix it? It hasn't been until recently that hardware/developers have taken a stronger and stricter approach as to what they support. Heck, take Windows Mobile 7, they have some pretty high system requirements to even use it on a phone model.

Flash is pretty much embedded to the internet in general. It'll be years of slow decline as more open and efficient standards such as HTML5 gain in support.

Flash is something I feel safe in saying the iPhone will never support. Jobs tends to be pretty stead-fast on what works for Apple. Take MMS for example. Took them years to buckle on that. As old and outdated as MMS is, which by the way I still feel is pointless with email on the phone, it's a legacy piece of communications so entrenched in everyone's daily use that there's no other way around it, they had to support it.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I only have like 30 slots right now. But yea I will do the same thing this time around.

I'll buy one from you

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Take MMS for example. Took them years to buckle on that. As old and outdated as MMS is, which by the way I still feel is pointless with email on the phone, it's a legacy piece of communications so entrenched in everyone's daily use that there's no other way around it, they had to support it.
    Speaking of that why is it so hard to implement a basic feature,you say MMS is outdated everyone does not use a smart phone with email. Now on the other hand all of the so called great Apple products are short of being great because of the lack of features. I can go buy a metro pcs phone and it will have all the things Apple put into the iPhone now 3 years ago. I'm not saying that i don't like these products but they are short of what we want and more of what Apple want us to have.
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Ill doubt they ever put flash ever but i think it would be cool if they add a folder option to put apps in folders. i know i have the catorgies but it would still be cool for those with out jailbroken i phones

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jordonj View Post
    i'll take a pre order
    haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    I'll buy one from you
    PM me with your device UDIDs. We might wait til Thurday so we can find out what the deal will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    ...Take MMS for example. Took them years to buckle on that. As old and outdated as MMS is, which by the way I still feel is pointless with email on the phone, it's a legacy piece of communications so entrenched in everyone's daily use that there's no other way around it, they had to support it.
    i disagree with that, it is much faster/easier to send a picture when you are having a conversation with someone than it is to compose an email put in email address, attach the picture then send. you are already talking to that person so no need to do all that especially before push notifications were put in you never knew you had email unless you refreshed it or had it set to refresh every so often where mms is almost instant. plus what rickybobby said not everyone has a phone that can send/receive email
    Last edited by Tunerfreak; 2010-04-06 at 05:45 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slap690's Avatar
    Thanks

True Dat Tunerfreak!

If No0neimportant is right and iPhone does not get 3.2, 4.0 is guarenteed to be a huge update. All the .0's are significant changes. Multitasking is a must, but I do not believe will happen due to the fact it uses up ample amounts of battery. They would have to make the battery bigger, making the battery bigger they would have to make the backing bigger, thus changing the style of the iPhone... With this theory I believe it will come with the next version iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    If No0neimportant is right and iPhone does not get 3.2, 4.0 is guarenteed to be a huge update. All the .0's are significant changes. Multitasking is a must, but I do not believe will happen due to the fact it uses up ample amounts of battery. They would have to make the battery bigger, making the battery bigger they would have to make the backing bigger, thus changing the style of the iPhone... With this theory I believe it will come with the next version iPhone.
    I think before they change the look n style of the a "bigger battery" i could see them making their own expandable batterry case that you would have to buy.. kinda like the one for 60$...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    The fact they are annoucing iPhone 4.0 so soon has brought my expectations of the iPhone 4G WAY down. If they are going to release the new OS so soon without announcements of the new hardware; then I doubt the 4G will be as substantial of a hardware upgrade as we hoped it would be...

On the other hand, the 4.0 announcement could be a way to push the sales of the remaining stock UNTIL 4G.

Eithe way, I feel bittersweet about this.
    Yeah I agree. There hasn't been enough rumors about the hardware. Seems like it will just be an OS upgrade.

PM me with your device UDIDs. We might wait til Thurday so we can find out what the deal will be.

done.
    and that sounds fine

Thanks

Cant wait to install 4.0 on my iPad

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Curious about that too. 4.0 on the iPad. SB let me know the price when you go about doing that.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

I will have everything ready for Thursday. 4.0 for iPhone and iPad

you received my pm rite? @ sb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordonj View Post
    you received my pm rite? @ sb
    I sure did. I am getting prepped for Thursday. I will add everyone then. Thanks

Thanks

sent

Thanks

Initial 4.0 jailbreak will be for iPhone 2g, 3g, 3gs & iPod 1g, 2g

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

BaabyBee (2010-04-06), tamaysz (2010-04-07), Zehlek (2010-04-06)

Thanks

Initial 4.0 jailbreak will be for iPhone 2g, 3g, 3gs & iPod 1g, 2g
    Sweet, awesome

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Can't wait to see what this brings and it's good fr people who are stuck without jailbreak since there is a new hole found already yayyy new jailbreak and jailbreak for iPad I want to theme my iPad

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast