Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Announces Untethered Jailbreak! Release Date Still Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by adarsh View Post
    Really sweet. I was waiting for it for a long time. I guess it will work for iphone 3gs 3.1.3 with 5.12.1 baseband, please say, yes.
    I don't think you understand, this is a jailbreak exploit, there is no mention of a baseband unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It won't be. You will not see a new unlock til iPhone 4 in July. This will only be released as part of an iPad jailbreak. There will be a race between geohot and chronic dev to jailbreak the iPad first. Neither one will wait for the iPad 3G to release. Also these exploits are in iboot not bootrom so Apple can kill it with another firmware update.
    Since when is the iBoot updated via firmware update? I thought the iBoot was h/w based

iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Thanks

On the iPhone: An Information Campaign

have an unlock for 05.11.07. I will be releasing on 11/04/09, for $0.00

First off, Jody Sanders, I am declining your $10,000. Why? Because you, and the rest of the iPhone unlock sites out there are scum. You make money selling freeware; that's not cool, and I am in no way going to legitimize it.
    Seriously, the people who really lose here are the customers. These sites are full of blatant lies, claiming to have unlocks for 05.11.07 People buy them, and are told the unlock is in development, and the release date is unknown. Imagine you bought a cup of coffee and were told it's in development? Recently, many of these sites sent out e-mails saying they made major breakthroughs and the unlock will be ready 11/04/09. Coincidence that that's the release date of blacksn0w?
    I'm not going to post all these scam sites here, as I don't want to give them the pagerank boost. Rather I'll give you a whitelist, two people make unlocks, me and the dev team. Every iPhone unlock site you see out there is selling our stuff, repackaged in some form or another. Same goes for jailbreaks, although ih8sn0w and chronicdev are legit. Notice what all the legit ones have in common? They are free.
    Now despite rumors of the ferocity of my legal team, they actually are pretty poor lawyers. And the scum who run these websites are the type who get off on legal battles. So we have to fight them in another way, and I'm asking for everyones help on this. Our weapon is information. Get the truth out, that all iPhone unlocks and jailbreaks are free, and if you are buying something, you aren't getting anything a simple google search couldn't get you, and are probably funding someones crack habit.
    This is the first time I have tried to make something simple for the end users, and it enrages me to see people selling it. Let's shut all these assholes down, and tell the iPhone owning world all they need is at blackra1n.com, including blacksn0w instructions on it's release date, 11/04/09(yes, will support hacktivation). You do your part, and I'll do mine making things as simple, reliable, and straightforward as possible.

You have 4 days.
    Posted by George Hotz at 2:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    this is for 3.1.3 right?
    Update 3.1.3 was put out to weed out the idiots, so no, this is not for 3.1.3.

So 3.1.3 3GS is beyond JB?

i love the choice of song
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

The only way this will be released for 3.1.3 is if Apple doesn't release another firmware for the 3GS prior to the iPad jailbreak being ready. If they do release 3.2 for the 3GS, then you will simply update to it and then jailbreak

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    Update 3.1.3 was put out to weed out the idiots, so no, this is not for 3.1.3.

I hate people when they post comments like this,most people buyed iPhone 3GS already with 3.1.3 firmware installed from the fabric,so stop idiotizing.I have a JB iphone 3G,but buyed a 3GS for upgrade,you know,more memory and speed,and it came with 3.1.3 from the box,so I'm one of those people waiting for the new JB release,thanks God i didnt sell my JB3G...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    Haha, wonder who will win

Maybe they should work together and release at the exact same time :P
    lol. Well I have seen both and they both effectively jailbreak untethered for 3GS and ipt3g but we need to see which exploit will still exist on the iPad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    I hate people when they post comments like this,most people buyed iPhone 3GS already with 3.1.3 firmware installed from the fabric,so stop idiotizing.I have a JB iphone 3G,but buyed a 3GS for upgrade,you know,more memory and speed,and it came with 3.1.3 from the box,so I'm one of those people waiting for the new JB release,thanks God i didnt sell my JB3G...
    Yeah people, stop "idiotizing". He buyed it like that

Green Apple
    Thanks
    is this going to work on iphone 3gs's that are stuck on official 3.1.3?

Thanks

^ Maybe read my post above

Thanks

@eddiele- reading up- Fail

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    If you bought yours with 3.1.3 on it then you have nothing to get offended at. I was talking about people who updated right away when the update came out.

I think people should A) read a thread completely, and B) word their questions in a more detailed manner if they want to differentiate themselves from the idiots who updated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Hotz told Wired.com in a phone interview that he might release the hack when the iPad launches next week. But he said he would wait to see what the rest of the hacking community does first. He said he expects the Dev-Team, another group of iPhone hackers (that Hotz was formerly part of), to have figured out the same exploit.

“We’ll see what the rest of the scene does,” Hotz said. “Maybe I’ll release it [during the iPad launch].”
    From a phone interview with him on Wired.

iPhone Hacker Thinks He’s Cracked the iPad, Too | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Lame song, he doesn't really listen to this era's music, right?
    I don't think there will be iPhone firmware 3.2.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Nice find, Cerote

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djerrol View Post
    cant wait for snow day
    I'd still be ra1n day... Its a form of Blackra1n that he's working on :P

Quote Originally Posted by Westside83uk View Post
    have an unlock for 05.11.07. I will be releasing on 11/04/09, for $0.00
    Yup - he did release BlackSn0w - what's your point?

@SB - Geo has proved untethered, Chronic have not. The race has been won.

I'm sure no one would release anything without considering the community.

Credit can, and is, given to those who are due it without them having to release things prematurely.

People that are clever enough to do this sort of thing are clever enough to listen to reason and make up their own mind .

Luckily.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Race has been won for an iPad jailbreak? That's interesting

I happen to know gp is legit

I am glad that cdev wasn't bullied by MN into releasing a video. Where is the dev team vid? I know they have the working exploits. Why not go ahead and produce the "good video". lol

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast