Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Selling iPhones without requiring AT&T contract in US.

Default Thanks:
    Hi,

Thanks for news you have given.

It was in news many times.

Thanks
    No signature spam... only warning

Quote Originally Posted by iMfreeCuzOfJB'ing View Post
    I really love some of the threads here Some of the ignorrant come to get knowledge, and some of the intelligent come to see dumbness. Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. 

No contract, and Unlocked mean two tottally different things here people. Where does the confusion come into play???
    Exactly. That's nothing new, yet it's still a very clever move from Apple. Why?
    Well, considering the concentration of [email protected] per square meter, Apple will clear their stock in no time, for gold no less, before the new devices kick in.

One has to admire the new standard in f#*king customers — no lube.
    Now, rejoice! Say hello to iDick Marketing™.
    One’s never alone with a rubber duck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you iMfree!!

Are these numbers correct?

$499 for an 8GB 3G, $599 for a 16GB 3GS and $699 for a 32GB 3GS. Or $99 for a reconditioned iPhone and blacksn0w for free.

Those aren't great prices...

I just found the 3% of Americans that AT&T doesn't cover: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska and Kansas - to name a few places. I've been stuck in North Dakota the last two weeks and I have service on an unknown partner ('Off Network') near the hotel, but no service when I go to the job site.

Ben trying to use a combination of google voice and skype to fill in the blanks.

AT&T has been in the process of taking the divested Alltel sites for over a year.
    A big FU to AT&T for this one: 97% my @$$.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    I just found the 3% of Americans that AT&T doesn't cover: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska and Kansas - to name a few places. I've been stuck in North Dakota the last two weeks and I have service on an unknown partner ('Off Network') near the hotel, but no service when I go to the job site.

Ben trying to use a combination of google voice and skype to fill in the blanks.

AT&T has been in the process of taking the divested Alltel sites for over a year.
    A big FU to AT&T for this one: 97% my @$$.
    When cell phone companies give a number like "97% of the US is covered" they haven't literally gone to every single square inch of the US with phone in hand seeing how many bars they get. If they provide coverage in a city, generally they map the whole thing out as being covered. This is no different from any other cell phone company. Verizon has no coverage in/around my house for 100 or so meters. They still provide coverage in the city so technically my house is in the zone of coverage. People take things too literally...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2010-03-23 at 03:14 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Alltel was purchased by someone else weren't they? I agree with the 97%. They don't have the Verizon guy walking around asking "Can you hear me now?".

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If anything i think Google changed the way Americans buy their mobile phones.

U have always been able to do this in Canada, but it cost $680 for a 16GB and $780 for a 32

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i think having the highest standard of living among all countries kinda makes up for that.

just a little
    Get your facts straight buddy. Don't get me wrong, I love this country, but you're damn wrong. The U.S. is ranked 13th in standard of living (HDI). Australia is ranked 2nd. How ironic.
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index]Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Would I move to those countries for that reason? No. But they certainly have a lower cost of living than you do.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

$99 refurbished 3g without contract?? is this correct?

nothing new in this article, bestbuy've been selling iphone without contract for a very long time....they're all locked btw.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hungquocle View Post
    nothing new in this article, bestbuy've been selling iphone without contract for a very long time....they're all locked btw.
    No.
    "Phone price based on new 2-year contract or eligible upgrade with AT&T"
    iPhone 3G and 3GS - BestBuy
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

I just called the local Apple Store and they aren't selling any of the refurbished iPhones. Guess we can't buy the iPhone 3G for $99.

I want to know, really, where we can buy a no contract iphone 3g for 99.

That's a lie if some one tell me where then we it's on or this site is telling a lie 

i cant wait for one of these to be able to work on sprint so i can take advantage of their 69$ unlimited plan!!!

Where I can get Nexus one phone, I want that.......

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

as i understood from this article it seems that u don't need a contract to get an iphone BUT the phone wont work if u don't have an [email protected] sim card!
    a small development from apply anyways.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

Where are people getting all this crap info??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast