Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev-Team Confirms: New Bootrom Defeats 24kpwn

hi guys, where is this System Profiler? does it exist on a PC? i bought a 3GS today and i'm trying to find out if it has the unjailbreakable firmware. i need more detailed instructions.

thanks guys

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Just be glad Apple isn't getting help from Sony or the iPhone will be unhackable like the PS3!!
    Besides there's GeoHot, so it's going to be hacked!
    Remember no one could hack BL4.6 and people like me were waiting for an unlock and when GeoHot tried, took him less than 24 hours to unlock the iPhone 2G!
    Thats true PS3 secerty is tight, many have tried to mod it but very few small little mods or hacks on it

What people don't seem to understand is what an exploit is. An exploit doesnt just mean that we can JB our devices, it could *potentially* mean that a bad ***0r could do harm to our devices. It's all hypothetical, but still real. Sucks that 24kpwn is now dead, I'm sure that another exploit will be found. There is no way a device as complicated as this doesn't have a hole somewhere.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I hope my 3GS doesn't go defective for any reason. I'd hate to get a new one and have that issue.

Thanks

And the Tom and Jerry keeps playing it's games..

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

The devs will prevail!

BTW, if anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ml#post4997108
    Last edited by rwin84; 2009-10-15 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Is this a result of chronicdev revealing the exploit (and fix) in the iphone wiki?

Default Just got a new 16 GB 3GS
    Just got a new 16 GB 3GS white iphone a few minutes ago, has the new 'MC' Number on it, jailbroken with blackra1n within 5 minutes of getting it home..

Quote Originally Posted by rblake84 View Post
    Just got a new 16 GB 3GS white iphone a few minutes ago, has the new 'MC' Number on it, jailbroken with blackra1n within 5 minutes of getting it home..
    haha nice!

has anyone confirmed shipment dates of the new 3gs's with this bootloader?

-Luke

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Careful Wording!
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    I think you need to get a life! And how do you even know he has multiple IDs. Plus, one1 is MMi's Chuck Norris so don't even mess with him.

Back on topic. Why does Apple have to ruin everything? If I get something, I can do anything I want like make a bomb out of an iPhone. The good news is there is a way to jailbreak. I hope it doesn't happen to the older generations as well.
    I would be a little more careful on the choice of words you use in your frustration, i.e. the "Bomb" word. A nation at war and the way the FBI is hot on terrorism right now might lend to an investigation of yourself when making those kind of statements in a public forum. I understand your frustration, but just wanted to impart some wisdom that you should heed.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default I Agree
    Quote Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
    I would be a little more careful on the choice of words you use in your frustration, i.e. the "Bomb" word. A nation at war and the way the FBI is hot on terrorism right now might lend to an investigation of yourself when making those kind of statements in a public forum. I understand your frustration, but just wanted to impart some wisdom that you should heed.
    I Must agree... You will be bundled into a van tonight and takin to a place called Guantanimo bay, meant to be lovly there..

Thanks
    SO basically, I should go out and get my new 3GS like today??? before the new ones hit the AT&T stores???

Ever since 24kpwn was released and fully documented it has been assumed it would be patched. I wonder why it's taken them so long?
    24kpwn was just the exploit that allowed the JB to be untethered, not the JB itself.
    Hopefully an alternative will be found soon.
    The new iBoot appears to have appeared in 3GS phones manufactured in week 40.
    I am trying to get hold of a version of rslite that shows the iBoot information but apparently the sample application that comes with libusb should show it in its enumerated devices.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

lol you think att store will let me put the 3gs into DFU mode to check the bootloader before buying it haha

-Luke

lets donate , so the dev-team can work on it!!1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default System Profiler
    Quote Originally Posted by excmodmyi View Post
    hi guys, where is this System Profiler? does it exist on a PC? i bought a 3GS today and i'm trying to find out if it has the unjailbreakable firmware. i need more detailed instructions.

thanks guys
    On a Mac, the System Profiler is an application (Use spotlight to find it) easier... When your iphone is connected by USB you will see it in System Profiler under the USB tab/link. Click on USB and it will display the devices connected to USB and give you the data for the version and other misc. stuff...

Is there any other way to find the current version? Perhaps through SSH into the phone? If not, how do I get it into the DFU mode other than through the Jailbreak process? Thanks
    Last edited by squint0241; 2009-10-17 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by aguilazul82 View Post
    lets donate , so the dev-team can work on it!!1
    The Dev Team don't take donations.

All it took was 6 bytes....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

So if i bought an Iphone 3GS this weekend then there is a pretty good chance that it will have the updated bootrom and I will be SOL for a jailbreak?

There is a good chance that it won't be the new one, but it's SUCH a gamble. I bought mine this week, and it was jailbreakable.

One more thing..... 3GS isn't that impressive. I thought I would be totally excited about my new one as opposed to the 3G. Yeah, it's faster, but I wasn't having too many issues with the 3G to begin with. Maybe there would be a typing lag in Cydia, or the web would take a little longer, but no major issues. I can't find too many 3GS exclusive apps, maybe a couple of augmented reality ones, but those are mainly for Japan, New York, and Paris. Voice dial/play is idiotic. If I have to go through the trouble of holding down the button, I can just quickly unlock it and push the button. Still no factory tethering even though the web site boasts of it, and in FINE print says not available in the U.S. Compass? meh. So, unless you are a gambling man, you may just want to keep your 3G. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by chansed; 2009-10-17 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

^^^ I completely and totally disagree 100%. The 3GS with a 50% faster processor and double the RAM makes it extremely impressive. The iPhone 3G is worthless and freezes and lags and runs out of memory.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast