Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 3.1.4 is out, Jailbreaks 3.1.2 and 3GS OOB

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    According to the directions for Mac, Recovery Mode. Just turn off phone, hold down Home button, and plug in the USB cord. iTunes should start up and tell you it has discovered a phone in recovery mode.
    This method worked for me for all of you experiencing error 1600 in itunes!

I was unable to put iphone into DFU mode for some reason but the above mentioned method worked.

Successfully jailbroke/unlocked 3Gs 3.1.2 with updated carrier settings

Last edited by dray; 2009-10-16 at 01:51 AM.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dray View Post
    Successfully jailbroke/unlocked 3Gs 3.1.2 with updated carrier settings

using the MakeItMine app or the patched carrier bundle plist i posted earlier?
    every time an iphone is unlocked, an angel gets its wings
    every time an iphone is re-locked because some boner didnt RTFM, god back-hands a baby seal

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Still no.
    how about for 3.1?

Thanks

Pwnage Tool's jailbreak is so much better than Blackra!n. Winterboard is working perfectly.

My 3G is unlocked at 3.1 right now but I got it from my law-abiding roomie who may or may not have updated it to a regular version of the 3.0 or 3.1 firmware. My modem firmware is 4.26.08, does anyone know if that falls within the safe-to-upgrade category?
    If not, simply restoring to a custom 3.0 firmware file won't change the baseband back to where it needs to be, will it?

I know Im a bit late but I just came on to say thanks to the dev team and those of you who provided custom firmware for us windows users! My 3G is at 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked with the baseband preseved ..Thanks you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by wraith1138 View Post
    My 3G is unlocked at 3.1 right now but I got it from my law-abiding roomie who may or may not have updated it to a regular version of the 3.0 or 3.1 firmware. My modem firmware is 4.26.08, does anyone know if that falls within the safe-to-upgrade category?
    If not, simply restoring to a custom 3.0 firmware file won't change the baseband back to where it needs to be, will it?
    You can use pwnage to upgrade to 3.12
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

wraith1138 (2009-10-17)

Default Notifier working?
    Also know as reminder. I can't get mine to work after 3.1.2 jailbreak and again the only way to remove Icy is through SSH. Anyone else have these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
    using the MakeItMine app or the patched carrier bundle plist i posted earlier?

The carrier settings was an itunes update. I use MIM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    Also know as reminder. I can't get mine to work after 3.1.2 jailbreak and again the only way to remove Icy is through SSH. Anyone else have these issues?

My reminder is acting funny as well. It will show missed calls/sms but no email notifications. Time for an update...
    Last edited by dray; 2009-10-16 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -Einstein

I am on 3.1.2 using T-Mobile with both a 3GS and a 3G. I used MakeItMine to get the carrier name back on both phones. Still no carrier name without it - not that I care. Interestingly enough, my daughter's 2G is also on 3.1.2 with T-Mobile and she DOES have the carrier name.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know who else had this <big><big><b>PROBLEM</b></big></big> but I have an iPhone 3GS and I used Pwnage tool 3.1.4 to create the 3.1.2 firmware, I did everything correctly and my phones is running fine, the problem is when the phone completely dies, I plug it in to charge when I get home and it literally sits on the low battery with red little battery left for about an hour last time it did it.. Anyone else have this problem? or find a fix?

Message me????
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Thanks

I have jailbroke my pod touch 32g on 3.1.2 with blackra1n

is there any benefit in me doing it with custom firmware ?

thanks for any help

Custom boot logo, custom partition size, ability to load packages in ROM
    That's about it really.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Thanks

cheers

no idea wa the they mean so i guess i will stay with blackra1n haha

Blackra1n is fine and simple.

Just want to reply to myself. I went back to 3.0.1 and the issue was the same, so I went back to 3.1.2 again. Then I read somewhere to reset the phone (hold the power and home buttons for 10 seconds until the screen goes blank and the apple logo appears). I did that, and it froze for a bit (it took like 3 or 4 minutes to show the slide to unlock screen), but after that, my battery life is great.

I took it off my charger 8:00am Friday, browsed the web a little, listened to a few voicemails, took some short calls, did a couple of texts. Very light use. On Saturday morning at 11:00am, I'm at 90%. So I think the reset did something.

Im currently running iPhone 3GS 3.0FW. Is it worth upgrading to iPhone 3GS 3.1.2FW? It would be a Custom FW as I use Windows. Just curious if I should go to 3.1FW or just CFW up to the newest 3.1.2FW?

Question MMS doesn't work?!
    I successfully updated my iPhone 3G to Version 3.1.2 via "Custom Firmware" since I'm a Windows user (no Mac). The problem is, my MMS won't work anymore. Anybody else who updated using custom FW having the same problems??? Help anyone???
    -iPhone 3G
    -Carrier 5.6
    -Baseband 04.26.08

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gznuttz View Post
    I successfully updated my iPhone 3G to Version 3.1.2 via "Custom Firmware" since I'm a Windows user (no Mac). The problem is, my MMS won't work anymore. Anybody else who updated using custom FW having the same problems??? Help anyone???
    -iPhone 3G
    -Carrier 5.6
    -Baseband 04.26.08
    I take it you are using AT&T as your carrier. Correct? I have an iPhone 3G running 3.1.2 on T-Mobile and MMS works fine. I read some posts on MMI that your problem is caused by the carrier 5.6 update from AT&T. You will need to go back to carrier 5.5. I am not positive, but I believe to can't uninstall a carrier update so you may need to restore your custom 3.1.2 firmware again and then follow the below instructions in the link:

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=792894]HOW TO: Install Official MMS on Jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS (3.0-3.0.1) - Mac Forums[/ame]
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    I take it you are using AT&T as your carrier. Correct? I have an iPhone 3G running 3.1.2 on T-Mobile and MMS works fine. I read some posts on MMI that your problem is caused by the carrier 5.6 update from AT&T. You will need to go back to carrier 5.5. I am not positive, but I believe to can't uninstall a carrier update so you may need to restore your custom 3.1.2 firmware again and then follow the below instructions in the link:

HOW TO: Install Official MMS on Jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS (3.0-3.0.1) - Mac Forums
    Yes I'm officially with AT&T. I didn't do the full custom restore, instead I went back to 5.5 and still no go. I even tried the 6.0 file carrier where it game me options to "cellular data network" and still wont work.
    My MMS was working fine on 3.0.1 (before this latest 3.1.2 JB) after hacking the file carrier to 5.0 even before the official MMS was released! Any other thoughts? Is it time to make it rain?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast