Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 3.1.4 is out, Jailbreaks 3.1.2 and 3GS OOB

hey guys do I need to be in dfu mode in order to restore to the 3.1.2 or just restore with the custom firmware i used with the new pwnage tool

According to the directions for Mac, Recovery Mode. Just turn off phone, hold down Home button, and plug in the USB cord. iTunes should start up and tell you it has discovered a phone in recovery mode.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

dray (2009-10-16)

Will this bring back the carrier logo? I know most don't need it but it comes in handy to know who I'm roaming off of when I do roam.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hhh

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Will this bring back the carrier logo? I know most don't need it but it comes in handy to know who I'm roaming off of when I do roam.
    Nope, still no fix for that, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Nope, still no fix for that, sorry.
    Thanks, I'll stay on 3.0 for the time being. Is this the same for the 3GS? I'm looking into upgrading so I am just curious.

i restored to a custom 3.1.2. firmware on my windows computer on my 8gb iPhone 3G last night. All went well, had cydia....got all my stuff back that i had on 3.0...of course AT&T carrier logo wasnt there anymore, so i had to use MIM....but i noticed custom THEMED carrier logos from winterboard dont work anymore either which annoyed me. then i noticed that my sbsettings wouldnt allow me to have more than 8 toggles in it, when i used to have 2 pages of toggles in there on 3.0. When i'd go to turn on all my toggles, when i'd scroll back up they'd flip back to off right in front of my eyes. Long story short, i'm back on 3.0 now, back to my AT&T 4.0 carrier settings, and still on my 3.0 04.26.08 baseband=) f*ck 3.1.2, f*ck custom ipsw for it from pwnage tool as well rofl. My advice to anyone thinking of updating to 3.1.2 from 3.0....DON'T! stick w/3.0...everything works flawless and you don't gain a hell of a lot at all except a faster respring time that i noticed from 3.0.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

So does entails that pwnagetool 3.1.4 can JB out of the box 3gs (assuming it's not the new iboot version) but still can't unlock out of the box, right? I need to trade my phone it but need the unlock since I'm Tmobile... :-\\
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2009-10-15 at 09:48 AM.

Default Super Confused
    Hi folks, not too clued up on all of this so hoping for you're help.

I use Vista and have a 3gs,Im currently on the 3.0.1 which was jailbroken using redsn0w.

What do I need to do to upgrade to 3.1.2 then jailbreak obviously.

I don't understand this baseband stuff and ECID number I need etc.

Please please help us out!

Manny

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manny09 View Post
    Hi folks, not too clued up on all of this so hoping for you're help.

I use Vista and have a 3gs,Im currently on the 3.0.1 which was jailbroken using redsn0w.

What do I need to do to upgrade to 3.1.2 then jailbreak obviously.

I don't understand this baseband stuff and ECID number I need etc.

Please please help us out!

Manny
    **edit** are you on AT&T or is your phone unlocked for another carrier?

**edit 2** also since your jailbroken 3.01 you can just the new PWANGETOOL to upgrade to 3.1.2

To jailbreak (not unlock) you can download Blackra1n, update your iphone 3gs through itunes normaly to 3.1.2 and then close ITUNES make sure your iphone is plugged into your computer click MAKE IT RAIN on the blackra1n application and thats it. I am on a mac i have done 3 iphone 3gs's and have ZERO issues. Other people have had lots of issues using windows and iphone 3g . Good luck let me know if it worked for you.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 2009-10-15 at 12:37 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

manny09 (2009-10-15)

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    **edit** are you on AT&T or is your phone unlocked for another carrier?

**edit 2** also since your jailbroken 3.01 you can just the new PWANGETOOL to upgrade to 3.1.2

To jailbreak (not unlock) you can download Blackra1n, update your iphone 3gs through itunes normaly to 3.1.2 and then close ITUNES make sure your iphone is plugged into your computer click MAKE IT RAIN on the blackra1n application and thats it. I am on a mac i have done 3 iphone 3gs's and have ZERO issues. Other people have had lots of issues using windows and iphone 3g . Good luck let me know if it worked for you.
    Im from the Uk and on 02 so I don't need to unlock.

So do I use Blackrain or Pwangetool 3.14??

And whats the ECID of whatever its called to note down?

Could you write out a point to point plan on what to do, you'd be doing me a massive favour pal.

Thanks

Ok since you dont have to worry about unlock i would try to use BLACKRAIN as its was very easy the 3 times i have used it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

manny09 (2009-10-15)

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Ok since you dont have to worry about unlock i would try to use BLACKRAIN as its was very easy the 3 times i have used it.
    Ok thanks, is blackra1n safe tho as in future proof for further upgrades in the future?

What about getting my ecid settings etc?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manny09 View Post
    Ok thanks, is blackra1n safe tho as in future proof for further upgrades in the future?

What about getting my ecid settings etc?
    There is no jailbreak for future updates through apple so until a jailbreak comes out for 3.1.xx or whatever dont update with apple or you may be screwed. and as far as your ecid settings, your talking about having your settings saved on sauriks server right? If its still available once you jailbreak go to cydia and tap MAKE MY LIFE EASIER on the home page i believe that is what uploads your ECID settings so if you upgrade with apple you can jailbreak to the previous firmware. REmember to hit the thanks button if i helped u.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

manny09 (2009-10-15)

for anyone concerned about losing the carrier name on the top bar, you can use makeitmine available in cydia to enter a customer carrier name or the actualy carrier you have a contract with
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Default Carrier error possible fix without using makeitmine
    Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    for anyone concerned about losing the carrier name on the top bar, you can use makeitmine available in cydia to enter a customer carrier name or the actualy carrier you have a contract with
    People, i addressed a possible fix for the carrier issue. it works on 3.1 so i just need a confirmation for 3.1.2

read post below:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post4995129

21. The Following User Says Thank You to hydroabiscuit For This Useful Post:

Caligula (2009-10-17)

Does anyone have a resolution for itunes 9.0 error 1600? I am using pwnge on my Mac. I have a 3Gs j/b unlocked 3.0.1.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
    People, i addressed a possible fix for the carrier issue. it works on 3.1 so i just need a confirmation for 3.1.2

read post below:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post4995129
    Makeitmine will not change carriers when roaming. Does the fix listed show the true carrier your on?

Thanks

It's a simple fix. Just install MakeItMine from CYdia, then you can put any network name you want. Me, I just put my name rather than seeing Rogers. Who cares about carrier names?

Makeitmine will not change carriers when roaming. Does the fix listed show the true carrier your on?
    I agree on the MakeItMine issue...thats why i avoid it. i have not tried the carrier fix but was wondering if anyone else has tried it...if so let us know!
    every time an iphone is unlocked, an angel gets its wings
    every time an iphone is re-locked because some boner didnt RTFM, god back-hands a baby seal

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast