Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 3.1.4 is out, Jailbreaks 3.1.2 and 3GS OOB

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kkiran View Post
    Custom firmware for 2G 3G 3GS are out people! Let me know if you need them!

Oops, my inbox is flooded - please guys, search for "Download custom firmware 3.1.2 ipsw" on Google.
    I need some! Please? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by clikzip View Post
    If you havent been upgrading your baseband since like 3.0 you can unlock on 3.1.2. Every geniune apple update you do on the phone or any updates that dont prevent the baseband from updating will update it. Meaning your either stuck permanently with a locked phone or have to wait for an unlock to be figured out.
    thanks for the reply. yea I'm still on 3.0 and haven't updated the baseband, so i will do it. one question, when I google for the custom 3.1.2 for 3gs, i see 2 options one for unlocked and one for locked. Do i have to make sure i download the unlocked or does it not really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by fredanklin View Post
    My sister had a JB + ulocked (ultrasn0w) 3.1 (7A342)

And for some reason after me telling her NOT to update.. she is now stuck at 3.1.2 and gives me a 1015 error when i try to downgrade to 3.0, and now asks for a valid SIM...

Is she SOL because of a baseband issue? or am i not doing my reading well enough. Im a happy BB owner and the brains of technology around the family and friends, and would like to help her if possible. any help would be GREAT!
    bump...

Quote Originally Posted by skorpiond View Post
    Yes, I can confirm the carrier bug still there for 3.1.2.
    thanx for the confirmation dude!
    now my question is...can i fix this without resorting to an app like MakeItMine? I found this post that has such a fix by dragging a file into /private/var/mobile/Library/carrier bundle.bundle:

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...ml#post4985995

does it work for 3.1.2? thanx!

Default Battery issue fixed?
    I went from 3.0.1jb to 3.1jb and my battery life blows. Started the day off at 100%, streamed some last.fm for 10 minutes, browsed the web for a couple of minutes, used the phone for 2 minutes and now I'm down to 65%. Just launched Cydia and while it was reloading went from 65% to 62%. If 3.1.2 doesn't fix that, I'll just go back to 3.0.1

can some one help me..After seven pages of reading.. I'm still lost.. I just bought an iPhone 3gs 3.1 out of the box.. 5. Something baseband.. If I'm correct I can't unlock it yet but I can jailbreak it if I upgrade to 3.1.2?? What exactly do I need to do? Oh and I'm on a pc! whats the thing i need to give to saurik or send to his server? can i save it on my computer or back it up??? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

And activated!! Sorry..
    Last edited by mrhazardouz; 2009-10-14 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by skorpiond View Post
    Read my steps again; I used pwnage first with the 3.1.2 firmware and created the custom .ipsw file. Then using iTunes restored this file to the iPhone.

Yes, I can confirm the carrier bug still there for 3.1.2.
    Is there a way to correct this? I have a 3GS (my phone) and a 3G (wife's phone) on 3.2.1 now, jailbroken and unlocked. Both phones are missing the carrier name. They are both working fine though.

Hey guys, quick question. I just downloaded the pwnage tool 3.1.4 and the iPhone1,2 3.1.2 ipsw. I open the pwnage tool and where it usually shows the iPhone, iPod, and iPhone 3G it now shows the same as before but instead of the iPhone 3G, it shows the 3G(S). I clicked iPhone and it couldn't find my ipsw but when I clicked on iPhone 3G(S) it found the iPhone 1,2 ipsw so I just went with it. It's currently packaging but I want to make sure it's going to be safe on my iPhone 3G.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OK my jailbroken and unlock 3Gs is now updated to custom 3.1.2 with Pwnage Tool 3.1.4. Do I need to re-unlock or am I good to go? Please advise. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisdesigngroup View Post
    Is there a way to correct this? I have a 3GS (my phone) and a 3G (wife's phone) on 3.2.1 now, jailbroken and unlocked. Both phones are missing the carrier name. They are both working fine though.
    I'll re-post what i wrote before:
    --------
    my question is...can i fix this without resorting to an app like MakeItMine? I found this post that has such a fix by dragging a file into /private/var/mobile/Library/carrier bundle.bundle:

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...ml#post4985995

does it work for 3.1.2? thanx!
    -------

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SaNcTuS View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. I just downloaded the pwnage tool 3.1.4 and the iPhone1,2 3.1.2 ipsw. I open the pwnage tool and where it usually shows the iPhone, iPod, and iPhone 3G it now shows the same as before but instead of the iPhone 3G, it shows the 3G(S). I clicked iPhone and it couldn't find my ipsw but when I clicked on iPhone 3G(S) it found the iPhone 1,2 ipsw so I just went with it. It's currently packaging but I want to make sure it's going to be safe on my iPhone 3G.
    You should be fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, I took the plunge in hopes that someone will find an exploit for internet tethering soon. I follow the Dev Teams directions and got everything to work. Here are the Cydia apps that work on my 32G 3GS JB iPhone.

Backgrounder
    Battery Control
    Blackberry SMS Tone
    Fake Carrier
    Lockbackground
    Lockscreen Clockhide
    Mail Sounds Volume
    PrivCy
    Pwned Battery
    Quick Reply for SMS
    SBSettings
    Swapcamera Roll
    un-Unlockable
    Winterboard
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Does any1 no where to get the 3.1.2 software for the ipod touch 2g i can not find it

Ok, So I have a few questions. Hope people will bear with me and not just use iphone geek speak. I have the 16gb iphone 3gs, Jb on 3.0.1 and my ECID is saved in cydia. I want to jb to 3.1.2 and I am on windows. If I have access to a Mac, should I just run the jb on the mac and be done with it. Or should I "acquire" a custom ispw? Please help anyone.

Default need some help
    hey guys whats up just wondering can I use pwnage tool 3.1.2 to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3g using a custom firmware if so guys let me know just need some help cause I want to update my phone cause the sleep thing is really annoying

Quote Originally Posted by fredmandam View Post
    hey guys whats up just wondering can I use pwnage tool 3.1.2 to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3g using a custom firmware if so guys let me know just need some help cause I want to update my phone cause the sleep thing is really annoying
    I'm assuming you are 3.1 (because you mentioned the sleep issue). If you updated to 3.1 via iTunes (which upgraded your baseband) you can jailbreak but NOT unlock. If you used a 3.1 custom firmware to restore in iTunes, and retained your old baseband, you can restore the custom 3.1.2 (they are available, just search) and then unlock your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by z28kid View Post
    Ok, So I have a few questions. Hope people will bear with me and not just use iphone geek speak. I have the 16gb iphone 3gs, Jb on 3.0.1 and my ECID is saved in cydia. I want to jb to 3.1.2 and I am on windows. If I have access to a Mac, should I just run the jb on the mac and be done with it. Or should I "acquire" a custom ispw? Please help anyone.
    I'd say it might be quicker to just download the 3.1.2 custom firmware. I got home tonight, downloaded it from TPB, restored, then restored from backup and then ran AptBackup and in about 30 minutes I was back in business with 3.1.2 with all my programs.
    Last edited by Caligula; 2009-10-15 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey thanks for the advice but I downloaded the firmware and used pwnage tool the new one to make a custom firmware but I tried to restore is told me it could not cuz the firmware was not compatible any ideas ??

Quote Originally Posted by fredmandam View Post
    hey thanks for the advice but I downloaded the firmware and used pwnage tool the new one to make a custom firmware but I tried to restore is told me it could not cuz the firmware was not compatible any ideas ??
    You downloaded the wrong firmware. For the 3G it needs to be 1,2...not 1,1 or 2,1.

oh ok thanks man I will let you know if it worked thanks again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just wanted to post my "good luck".

Previously my iPhone 3G was redsn0w jailbroken 3.0 w/ tethering enabled via editted mobile config with AT&T carrier file 5.0 to manually enable MMS.

Took the 3.1.2 leap using Pnwage Tool 3.1.4 before I realized it said tethering was broken. Well, did the jailbreak, restored and I still have tethering! MMS work too BTW. When I restored it seems to have put my editted mobile config back in and I did notice I have AT&T carrier version 5.5 now as well which iTunes does nags me to update (to 5.6 I'm assuming).

edit: spoke too soon

The "Internet Tethering" toggle in the network settings was still there and I could toggle it back and forth. But I just enabled it and plugged in my iPhone via USB and poof...the tethering toggle vanished Oh well, it's not something I really needed, but was useful "just in case".
    Last edited by jgdpsu; 2009-10-15 at 03:53 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jgdpsu For This Useful Post:

bencjedi (2009-11-27)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast