Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1308

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

Any idea when they will be fixing the thethered jailbreak? I only need to jailbreak for customization my phone came unlocked...i hope they fix it soon...maybe blackra1n rc4?

so i tried to jailbreak my iphone and i download blackraLn but now its in recovery mode and itunes wont pick it up to restore it back.....someone please help

Quote Originally Posted by floyd337 View Post
    so i tried to jailbreak my iphone and i download blackraLn but now its in recovery mode and itunes wont pick it up to restore it back.....someone please help
    which version of the iphone do you have? 3g? 3gs? Which version of blackrain do you have?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

you can hold the power and home buttons and try to get it to re-boot. If not, put the phone in DFU mode and restore in iTunes, run blackra1n again.

Unhappy slight issues
    OK so here i go on my 2nd use of blackra1n today... first one went good and fast but was on a 2G phone...

now the second one on a 3G after reading back in the thread i had to try it a few times like it says on i think page 68 area and it worked like a champ after a few trys so again read back in threads first... i normally do but i didnt this time and proved i should have to myself again lol

Thanks
    Erik
    Last edited by ErikSocal; 2009-12-08 at 07:42 AM. Reason: fixed my problem

The problems with the 3G should have been fixed with RC3 - if you have the latest version it should work first time.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default Great success !!
    I just got done jailbreaking my huband's iPhone . This worked FLAWLESS !

Hi everyone,I am new here..

I've previously jailbroken my iphone 3GS with OS 3.0..so is this suitable for me to upgrade to OS 3.1?
    1)I need to upgrade my OS by using i-tunes first right?(just wanna confirm) my itunes and iphone OS are still the old version fyi.
    2)What will be changed if i've upgraded my baseband?(My current baseband is 04.26.08)Will I still be able to make phone calls?I am on 2 years ATT contract btw..and I plan to unlock it once I am free of the contract..so if i upgraded it,is it possible for me to unlock it in the future?
    3)Do i need to back anything up before doing this?(Contact,apps,etc.)
    4)Is there any downside to the upgrade?Do i need to run BlackRa1n everytime i wanna reboot my phone?(I think I read it somewhere but I am not sure,it would be troublesome if that's the case,any other way to go around that?)
    5)Is internet tethering still available for OS 3.1?

thanks a lot!
    Last edited by samuellaw178; 2009-12-09 at 10:20 PM.

Worked just as advertise.....big up to Geo!!!

1g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: touch 8g-2.2.1-Unteathered Jailbroken

Much obliged from one longtime hardware hackmeister to another..

wow...fastest, easiest JB ever...geohot, well done...seriously

--big coop

What theme is this screen shot picture from? I want this theme!

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok..I'm wondering..Is anyone having problems with their text after they Blackra1n theirs? Sometimes I when I read my text it's not what I wrote OR..sometimes when I get a txt I get Pict's that I sent a few days back. Is there anyway too Correct this Problem so that I can get the correct text messages and NOT..the one's I've sent sometimes 2-3 days ago? Would the New Updated Blackra1n fix this?
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872

Quote Originally Posted by samuellaw178 View Post
    Hi everyone,I am new here..

I've previously jailbroken my iphone 3GS with OS 3.0..so is this suitable for me to upgrade to OS 3.1?
    1)I need to upgrade my OS by using i-tunes first right?(just wanna confirm) my itunes and iphone OS are still the old version fyi.
    2)What will be changed if i've upgraded my baseband?(My current baseband is 04.26.08)Will I still be able to make phone calls?I am on 2 years ATT contract btw..and I plan to unlock it once I am free of the contract..so if i upgraded it,is it possible for me to unlock it in the future?
    3)Do i need to back anything up before doing this?(Contact,apps,etc.)
    4)Is there any downside to the upgrade?Do i need to run BlackRa1n everytime i wanna reboot my phone?(I think I read it somewhere but I am not sure,it would be troublesome if that's the case,any other way to go around that?)
    5)Is internet tethering still available for OS 3.1?

thanks a lot!
    Hey, I'll try to help you out question by question.

1) yes, you should update your iTunes and update your firmware from there
    2)The baseband upgrade makes no noticable differences that you can see and so far this blackra1n jb allows for your baseband to be jailbroken
    3)Yes, you should always sync and back up your phone before attempting any jailbreak (just in case)
    4)No, you do NOT have to run BlackRa1n everytime you reboot your phone (I don't know where you might have heard that from)
    5)Internet tethering for AT&T is still not working.

And there you go. I hope I helped!! =)

Just to clarify:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post

Yes
    2)The baseband upgrade makes no noticable differences that you can see and so far this blackra1n jb allows for your baseband to be jailbroken
    But to unlock you can use BlackSn0w
    3)Yes, you should always sync and back up your phone before attempting any jailbreak (just in case)
    Yes
    4)No, you do NOT have to run BlackRa1n everytime you reboot your phone (I don't know where you might have heard that from)
    The tethtered JB is only for the latest 3GS and Touch with the new iBoot, it does not affect older devices.
    Tethering can be enabled on 3.12 as it can on earlier FW

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post

Thanks guys!!I had successfully upgraded it and remain JB-ed..thanks again!! ^^

Maybe someone can help me out. I just purchased another brand new iPhone 3Gs and already has fw 3.1.2 installed. I have no interest in unlocking the phone however I am having an issue with Blackra1n. It will install my phone but when it reboots it stays in restore mode & I'm forced to restore. I've done this back & forth a few times and I just can't remain jailbroken. Im using the latest version of blackra1n.

You have a tethered JB, you have to run BlackRa1n every time due to the new iBoot.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You have a tethered JB, you have to run BlackRa1n every time due to the new iBoot.
    That sux! This is the reason why I don't want to return my iPhone 3GS back to Apple for them to send me a new model as mine has a white pixel or LCD light that shows through the screen when bring colors appear.
    Hopefully someone will create a non-tethered JB soon...

They are more likely to give you a refurb which has the older iBoot - but there is no guarantee.

Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast