Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1308

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices

I have now tried this 15 times without it working. I updated my phone to the latest firmware, downloaded blackra1n, clicked on make it rain, the phone reboots, shows me the connect to itunes screen, then goes black and doesn't do anything. What am I missing? What am I doing wrong? I've tried skimming through this thread but the only solution I see is "just keep trying" which I am doing with no results.

Have you downloaded the latest BlackRa1n - there were problems with the 3G and the original release but they should be fixed in the latest version.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Have you downloaded the latest BlackRa1n - there were problems with the 3G and the original release but they should be fixed in the latest version.
    I downloaded the one from the website yesterday so I assume that's the latest version.

The problems people were having have been fixed so you shouldn't have to try multiple times now.
    Have you tried rebooting your PC?
    Using a different USB port (meke sure you are not using a hub)?
    Make sure you are using the original iPhone cable (not an iPod or aftermarket cable)?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The problems people were having have been fixed so you shouldn't have to try multiple times now.
    Have you tried rebooting your PC?
    Using a different USB port (meke sure you are not using a hub)?
    Make sure you are using the original iPhone cable (not an iPod or aftermarket cable)?
    Yeah I tried all of that. I finally got it to work. When I got stuck on the black screen I "made it rain" like 5 times in a row and the picture of Frodo finally came up.

Glad you got it working, not sure George appreciates being called Frodo but Heh-ho.

just got the 3gs last night. i've tried it like 3 times to no avail. i've skimmed through the boards and i've tried all the workarounds and still will not work. first time, frodo came up and said to wait for iphone to reboot. it was on the black screen for the longest. so i tried to manually to turn on but nothing happened. had to do a hard restore through itunes. tried again, but instead of black screen, connect to itunes came up. 3rd-6th time all the same with connect to itunes. what am i doing wront? i've rebooted pc several times also.
    Blah Blah and Blah

Default Still not for me.
    This still won't work for me. It gets to the screen that says "Done, waiting for reboot." But it never reboots.

Default Is it safe?
    I was too lazy to read through 59 more pages of quotes, so excuse me if this question was asked on pg. 37 post #5 or something.

Has anybody tried restored their iPod/iPhone after using purplera1n? I have to send mine in for technical problems. I restored my iPod a couple days ago, and on iTunes, it was "confirming the restore with Apple". So....does that mean that Apple can now tell if you've been jailbreaking?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if you restore it to current firmware apple/AT&T should not be able to tell. Well they did not on mine.
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For some people who are having problems, I think I might have a temporary solution. When I "Made It Rain", it worked and was jailbroken. I could install Cydia. But I couldn't REBOOT. If I turned my phone off and wanted turn it back on, it would come up with the "connect to iTunes" screen. I would then have to connect my iPhone to my computer and Make It Rain again in order for it to start. It would have Frodo in the screen for a little while but then I would get the "Slide to Unlock" prompt, just like normal. Now I just have to refrain from rebooting until a patch comes along.

Basically, if your jailbreak says it was "successful" but won't turn back on without the connect to iTunes prompt, that means it's still in recovery mode. You need to make it rain again, and then it might work.

Just some anecdotal advice in case someone has the same problems I had.

^In other words you have a tethered JB because you have the new iBoot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know what that means but I guess so... Is there a possibilty of a fix in the near future?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

or don't reboot!!!!

Before i traded my new bought 3gs for my buddy's older 3GS i downloaded SBSettings from cydia and it required a reboot, so i just hit the home button and just chilled. I start downloading other things from Rock and the sbsettings showed up. I don't know about winterboard but you have nothing to lose. Once you get SBSettings, you can start respringing instead of hitting home.

Default Thanks!
    Dang that was fast! Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Redicaluss View Post
    I don't know what that means but I guess so... Is there a possibilty of a fix in the near future?
    No sign of a fix coming anytime soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

I just upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1.2 on my 3G. The jailbreak went smooth.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I just upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1.2 on my 3G. The jailbreak went smooth.
    smooth as babies' skin?

Default inteligent question
    what is a 3g /3gs ?

iPhone 3g or 3gs. Not to sound mean, but I can't believe that question was asked. Wow!

Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast